Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah sure!

They are 901/8G, am about to send them back!

Do you agree with me that he`s wearing the ones with the matte black arms? Or do you think they are the grey arms? I just think from all his pics that they look too dark to be the grey ones.
I`m just being paranoid before i order again...he he!

Mikie.

Well then if they have shiny black arms (and I think a stripe of some sort too, right?) and they are 901/8Gs....well I guess that means I was wrong about Bono wearing the 901/8Gs, because his are definitely matte black arms.

So now that leaves what, the 732/87s? Those just seem way too dark to look that light onstage. Honestly they do, and I saw them in real life a year ago and in store flourescent lighting they were dark there also.

Where is that Honey person, didn't they have the 732/87s?

What if...and this might sound a stretch...what if Bono liked the lenses from the 901/8Gs but told them he hated the arms, and they just pulled a switcheroo like was possible with the 519s (and likely alot of their models) and put matte black arms on for him? People here have done it...so why not him? :shrug:

Of course, we might be right back at the theory that the entire pair he's wearing, lenses and all, are custom.

I really wish someone had those 732/87s in real life so they could post pics in various lighting conditions...the big problem now is I don't even think they're available anywhere anymore!

I really wish someone had those 732/87s in real life so they could post pics in various lighting conditions...the big problem now is I don't even think they're available anywhere anymore!

This :sad:

Well then if they have shiny black arms (and I think a stripe of some sort too, right?) and they are 901/8Gs....well I guess that means I was wrong about Bono wearing the 901/8Gs, because his are definitely matte black arms.

So now that leaves what, the 732/87s? Those just seem way too dark to look that light onstage. Honestly they do, and I saw them in real life a year ago and in store flourescent lighting they were dark there also.

Where is that Honey person, didn't they have the 732/87s?

What if...and this might sound a stretch...what if Bono liked the lenses from the 901/8Gs but told them he hated the arms, and they just pulled a switcheroo like was possible with the 519s (and likely alot of their models) and put matte black arms on for him? People here have done it...so why not him? :shrug:

Of course, we might be right back at the theory that the entire pair he's wearing, lenses and all, are custom.

I think you`re right! He has had many brands in custom colours and slightly different designs! I`m sure he has contracts with these companies to wear their glasses.
Like at the moment he`s wearing the Armani`s off stage and then the Bvlgari`s on stage.

I`ll try and get the 732/87`s somewhere. Looks like the public has no choice..he he!

Mikie.

Green
bonopeacesign.jpg

I recently took at look at my pair 0f these 9285's (3YGQ0) and mine are not see thru like his at all. My are much darker and you cant really see my eyes. I even had my girlfriend take diffeent pictures in different lights with flash and no flash. Nothing close to his shade here. Anyone else taken a look at their pair?

I recently took at look at my pair 0f these 9285's (3YGQ0) and mine are not see thru like his at all. My are much darker and you cant really see my eyes. I even had my girlfriend take diffeent pictures in different lights with flash and no flash. Nothing close to his shade here. Anyone else taken a look at their pair?

That's because he's not wearing the 3YGQ, which are olive/brown; his are a custom shade of dark green. Most of his 9285's are custom colors.

yeah, thats what i figured. I guess this example can be documented as first-hand proof for anyone out there still questioning whether he gets his own custom-colors. (or maybe that is old news around here, lol)

I think you`re right! He has had many brands in custom colours and slightly different designs! I`m sure he has contracts with these companies to wear their glasses.
Like at the moment he`s wearing the Armani`s off stage and then the Bvlgari`s on stage.

I`ll try and get the 732/87`s somewhere. Looks like the public has no choice..he he!

Mikie.
Just received my Bvlgari 732/87`s and i am now 110% positive that Bono is wearing this colour on stage! The grey lens is not too dark, just as his, and the frames are matte black. I looked in the mirror, and my wife also put them on and you can clearly see the eyes! They change in different lighting conditions too, which makes some sense out of the many different pics i`ve seen with him wearing them.
I`ve never seen such packaging for a pair of sunglasses either!!
The Bvlgari case is one i`ve never seen before. It has a hard black leather like finish, and you sort of snap it open, and there are two big silver rings with Bvlgari engraved in them on either side. Then inside, the glasses are in a beige drawstring cloth bag with Bvlgari on it. I also got the warranty and a Bvlgari cleaning cloth, as well as a cleaning cloth from United Shades, who i purchased them from. All this was in a black box with a white cardboard slip case, which makes me presume that this is the way they come from Bvlgari to the store, because there was a barcode on it with the model and colour number. All in all, very classy!
I was quite surprised at the presentation, as the first pair i purchased and returned from a seller on e-bay only came with a very plain Bvlgari case and the cleaning cloth and warranty. Not even the little Bvlgari sticker on the lens! Makes me think if they were genuine now! Anyway, not my problem anymore.

Needless to say i am very pleased with this new pair! United Shdes are very efficient and very well priced!

No more Bono sunnies for a while now...he he! Don`t think he`ll be changing anytime soon, but you never know!!

Cheers,
Mikie!

Just received my Bvlgari 732/87`s and i am now 110% positive that Bono is wearing this colour on stage! The grey lens is not too dark, just as his, and the frames are matte black. I looked in the mirror, and my wife also put them on and you can clearly see the eyes! They change in different lighting conditions too, which makes some sense out of the many different pics i`ve seen with him wearing them.
The Bvlgari case is one i`ve never seen before. It has a hard black leather like finish, and you sort of snap it open, and there are two big silver rings with Bvlgari engraved in them on either side. Then inside, the glasses are in a beige drawstring cloth bag with Bvlgari on it. I also got the warranty and a Bvlgari cleaning cloth, as well as a cleaning cloth from United Shades, who i purchased them from. All this was in a black box with a white cardboard slip case, which makes me presume that this is the way they come from Bvlgari to the store, because there was a barcode on it with the model and colour number. All in all, very classy!
I was quite surprised at the presentation, as the first pair i purchased and returned from a seller on e-bay only came with a very plain Bvlgari case and the cleaning cloth and warranty. Not even the little Bvlgari sticker on the lens! Makes me think if they were genuine now! Anyway, not my problem anymore.

Needless to say i am very pleased with this new pair! United Shdes are very efficient and very well priced!

No more Bono sunnies for a while now...he he! Don`t think he`ll be changing anytime soon, but you never know!!

Cheers,
Mikie!

Can you please post some pics??! THanks!

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Cheers,
Mikie!

Awesome. Pics would be great. My pair are scheduled for delivery tomorrow!

Looking at the pics, I would say they are the same size as Mikli 3244 which are much smaller than 3214's

Actually these have been around for many years - at least 6 or 7 - I have them in green and bought them in probably about '04 or so. And they are much smaller than the Miklis. Actually a very nice.

Just got my Bvlgari 8025 732/87 in the mail today. Wow! United Shades is legit. Beautiful packaging and most importantly, the sunglasses are fantastic! At the beginning I thought Bono's new shades were hideous. But after getting it in the mail and wearing them, I now think they are up there with the the other Bvlgari's he donned back in the day: the 611's

Hi!
Can someone tell me what is the difference between EA 9294 and 9285?
To me they look like the same model. What is the difference between the
early 9285 and the RED ones?

Thanks!

Hi!
Can someone tell me what is the difference between EA 9294 and 9285?
To me they look like the same model. What is the difference between the
early 9285 and the RED ones?

Thanks!

9285 are the ones Bono wears, 9294 are much smaller. The early 9385 didn't have the RED logo but that is the only difference I think

Bvlgari QUESTION: What was the on-stage model for most of the Elevation tour (ie: Boston dvd, Slane gigs). Is there a noted switch in models at a certain point during this tour? or was there a standard on-stage and standard off-stage model worn? I believe the 511, 549 and 611 were used during that year- but i could be wrong

oh, i think i might mean 610, not 611. What is the difference between 610 vs 611? Did Bono wear both in blue in this time period?

610 are smaller and far less curved than 611.
I posted a pic years ago :
comparatif610611vz7.jpg

Yes bono wore both of them in blue and some other colours as well :wave:

519 (more rectangular ones, not curved at all in the middle) were not worn on stage during the Elevation Tour, but for many other performances and appearances after the Tour :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom