Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 4 pairs, but most of the numberings are worn off. I guess I could be wrong. I guess the 9294s came out later? I had mine from very early out, the light greens (Live 8) were the last. :shrug:

But then that does still prove my point about getting them fitted. Because if all my glasses are 9285s, then fitting certainly does make a huge difference in how they look on you and feel, so get em fitted! :up:

(and yeah the GAs are completely different...and lenses are never called frames. Opticians sometimes refer to the lenses of wraparounds as blades, though.)

Correct. The 9294's came out later, around 2006, I think... and were intended as an special "RED" version for the Orient.

anyone has bought from otticanet.com?
are they a secure place to buy, do the have a good service?

thanks in advance for any help

Has Bono worn RG 226 Brown very much? Only pic I've ever seen is the side shot of him overlooking what looks like Venice water-street
He wore them at a I think it was a VMA or EMA award show as well.

Found some other pics of him wearing them as well, tought the venice pic seems to be a diffeent model with silver rims.
greenmonsterhatwithfrecklearmsyum.jpg

atyclb_b1.jpg

bono179.jpg
bonoawards.png

Sadly, nobody has the EA blue except for Bono, as they were custom made. It sucks because I want those really badly. The Gunmetal colour I have myself, it's grey. Dark, but does not distort the colours and the bottom of the glasses are more see through.

^ pshh your not the only one :shifty:

meanwhile : Calling all EA 9285 Emerald owners to sell one of them to me.
I have paypal

Does anybody happen to know wich sunglasses bono had during dress rehearsals in 1992.He was dressed as the fly but in red leather with a red kind of sunglasses?

i believe that was at the dress rehearsal for Zooropa leg. Rotterham if i recall, correctly. He never went on to use the red leather/shades again

Sadly, nobody has the EA blue except for Bono, as they were custom made. It sucks because I want those really badly. The Gunmetal colour I have myself, it's grey. Dark, but does not distort the colours and the bottom of the glasses are more see through.

Other than the GUN METAL, what other colors were these available to the public? Is it possible to post a picture guide? Either your own collection or on Bono

i believe that was at the dress rehearsal for Zooropa leg. Rotterham if i recall, correctly. He never went on to use the red leather/shades again
That's correct, here's a pic:
bonoredflysuit.jpg

Other than the GUN METAL, what other colors were these available to the public? Is it possible to post a picture guide? Either your own collection or on Bono

Available to the public where the avio smoke/gun metal, the red(not sure on that one), rose, green and fade green if memory serves me correct. The Bono colours that were never for sale were the blue, light purple and orange ones.
Here's a couple of pics, cannot find any of Bono with the red ones for now, so those may be only a figment of my imagination for now.
Blue
bonoblueshadessmile.jpg

Orange
bonoalihugedun.jpg

Dark(I think avio smoke)
bonochestsydney.jpg

Faded green
bonofrance220406.jpg

Green
bonopeacesign.jpg

Light blue/purpleish
bonocutejapanmay27.jpg

pink
bonoscruffygoodness1.jpg

^ color (or lack of it) is horrible, but they do remind you of Bono's

Thanks for the heads up , the different frame colours where confuzing me.

Hmm. I don't see any difference in the frame colors, but of course different lighting will make them appear a bit lighter or darker. Especially if a flash or stage lighting is used, those frames are very shiny and reflect bright light substantially.

ok, this ones for the hardcores. Regarding EA9294's

whats the difference between 9294 F//S 6LB2S 135 AND 9294 F//S 010AD 135??

they both appear to be pink in color, but different shades of pink. is one actually considered some form of red? or conversely a 'light' pink?

So eliminating these as Brown's, it appears that no pictures exist of Bono wearing the RG 226 Brown's?

Well I only quoted two of the pics DomoKun posted, because the first one:

greenmonsterhatwithfrecklearmsyum.jpg

I don't think are Greens, and the other I didn't quote because it's not a 226 pic, it's a 181 or 191 pic.

So are there any pics of Bono in the Brown 226s? Debatable, unless we want to assume that the one I just quoted above are the Browns.

My collection as of right now:

Cutler & Gross 0276 (Zoo TV Era- w/ 4 bullets) :up:
Romeo Gigli 191 (Dark Green-Walk On Video) :hyper:
Romeo Gigli 226 (Blue 2M1) :sexywink:
Bvlgari 611 (Green w/ Black temples-Dave Letterman 2001 Appearance) :drool:
Emporio Armani 9285 (Pink-Original of the Species video) :hmm:

My collection as of right now:

Cutler & Gross 0276 (Zoo TV Era- w/ 4 bullets) :up:
Romeo Gigli 191 (Dark Green-Walk On Video) :hyper:
Romeo Gigli 226 (Blue 2M1) :sexywink:
Bvlgari 611 (Green w/ Black temples-Dave Letterman 2001 Appearance) :drool:
Emporio Armani 9285 (Pink-Original of the Species video) :hmm:

Ok Bobby, here is my turn :
Cutler & Gross 276 (4 bullets)
Alain Mikli 3214 black frame, black & blue arms, flash blue lense
Alain Mikli 3244 Orange (Pop Mart Color)
Alain Mikli AL0871 grey
Roméo Gigli 191 blue and red
Roméo Gigli 226 red, purple and green
Bulgari 519 blue and flash grey (black arms)
Bulgari 611 purple and citrus (black arms)
Bulgari 8025 black
Exte EX7S purple, blue and orange
Miu Miu 51C Champagne and Gold
D&G 2138 : full black, light purple, flash brown (vertigo video), hard purple lense and silver arms, mirror grey and silver arms (conversation with Bono cover)
EA 9285 : faded green, pink, faded grey, dark avio smoke
EA 9592 : salmon, full black
Giorgio Armani 1535 in Blue :drool:

Wish list : 191 in green, diesel K-Mart, 611 blue and red, other 3214...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom