an cat dubh/into the heart...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Love it, i would be happy with either of the 2 sets they did for SD 1 and 2, always loved edges guitar on into the heart

cat dubh is a great idea to put in the setlist and even though a lot of audience doesnt probably know the tune...uhh...fuck it.

it's a great song, although i think as the tour continues it will be played once every 2-3 shows though, not a staple.

I like elevation right where it is...that way I can get a head start to the restroom before the encore starts with much better songs. :)

ehhh an cat dubh and into the heart .....

i mean you could get the crowd rocking with out of control/stories for boys.... fire.....electric co.... if you're going to play something old, might as well be one that carries the attention of the newer fans. that way they can get into the older jams as well.....

I seriously doubt an cat dubh/into the heart will be in the rotation NEXT WEEK, let alone next fall. I seriously hope it stays around, and that I can hear it live once of the 4 shows i'm going to. It's not my favorite song, but I think it'd be worthwhile to see them play it at least once. But I don't see this song surviving. It's unfamiliar and it's boring (to most ppl....NOT ME!) It doesn't have a chance.

Who says it's boring? According to one review I read, it was the 'moody highlight' of the show or something like that. The song is brilliant, and who cares if people don't know it? People didn't know it in 1981 when U2 were breaking through, and guess what? They enjoyed it so much that U2 rose to the position they are in now. People don't need to know a song to enjoy it. I hope it sticks around because it sounds SENSATIONAL.

Axver said:
Who says it's boring? According to one review I read, it was the 'moody highlight' of the show or something like that. The song is brilliant, and who cares if people don't know it? People didn't know it in 1981 when U2 were breaking through, and guess what? They enjoyed it so much that U2 rose to the position they are in now. People don't need to know a song to enjoy it. I hope it sticks around because it sounds SENSATIONAL.

I absolutely agree with you 100% Axver. Well said.

Axver said:

Axver :bow: You tell 'em! Eloquently stated.

RademR said:
it's a great song, although i think as the tour continues it will be played once every 2-3 shows though, not a staple.
I actually hope this is true. I wouldn't mind if they rotated some other old school songs, perhaps October, Indian Summer Sky, A Sort of Homecoming, Silver and Gold, Exit... you get the idea.

The end of An Cat Dubh, when it turns into "Into the Heart", is one of the greatest U2 moments on record. Absolutely stunning and I would love to hear it live. Hope it lasts until my goddamn October! show.

anyone know if they played it entirely last night or like the butchered san Diego 2

Back
Top Bottom