American Idol - Season 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott is not medically blind, only legally. I think he said the way he sees is our equivalent of looking through a straw.

So do you think it will be theme songs, or just songs used in movies? There's a lot open to interpretation there. I was googling, and saw these songs used in movies...

Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes (Say Anything)
Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody (Ghost)
Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous)
Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Top Gun)
Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band - Old Time Rock and Roll (Risky Business)
Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You (The Body Guard)
Simple Minds - Don't You Forget About Me (Breakfast Club)
Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate)

there's always the theme from Shaft :wink:
Ghostbusters, Wizard Of Oz (Somewhere Over the Rainbow), Armageddon (I Don't Want To Miss A Thing), Rocky (Eye Of The Tiger), Pretty Woman (Pretty Woman, It Must Have Been Love),Back To The Future (Power Of Love), Blues Brothers (Soul Man), Gangs Of New York (Hands That Built America), ...

Movie Theme Songs - Reviews on RateItAll

Adam could rock "Don't You Forget About Me". Although, that was just sung by my Aussie hottie, Michael Johns last year. Matt should sing "Mrs. Robinson" and dedicate it to Kara and her creepy crush on him.:lol:

Scott is not medically blind, only legally. I think he said the way he sees is our equivalent of looking through a straw.

I was actually wondering if he was fully blind or not, because for the longest time I didn't even KNOW he was blind because to me he doesnt 'act' blind. Either that or I just wasnt paying close enough attention.

So do you think it will be theme songs, or just songs used in movies? There's a lot open to interpretation there.

In Season 3 with Tarantino they did songs that were on official film soundtracks. Your list is a good example, so something like 'I Have Nothing'(The Bodyguard) that Jennifer Hudson did is what we'll see.

I'd love to see Adam do 'Don't You Forget About Me'. He would do a cracker of a version I think.

It might be too similar in terms of style from this past week, but Adam would do an amazing job with "The Sound of Silence" too. Knowing his style, he probably won't do another ballad this week though. Also, I think Matt would really have a moment with "Tiny Dancer", (if they allow songs that were featured in movies and not just official movie songs). Elton is one of his favorites, and I know he loves that song. Now let's do our best to get Kris out of there this week, or Lil, preferably Kris.:lol:

Thank you for posting it - I saw it earlier today, and it made me cry, just like watching Paul Potts at his audition.

THIS is what these shows are about. I don't care about your 5 year old who sings "Over the Rainbow" or your 11 year old who sounds like a 25 year old belting out showtunes - I frankly find them a little creepy. I like seeing talented adults who aren't "cute" enough for pop, or or too old for American Idol get their chance. :up:

I will say that Ms. Boyle could use a wee bit of coaching on what to do with her arms while she's singing, but she was really, really good.

I also love watching the judges' reactions. Piers and the woman are ready to cry, and you can see the dollar signs light up Simon's eyes. :lol:

For all the people who say Simon is mean and nasty and has no heart I would love for them to explain this video. The look of absolute delight on Simons face was beautiful to see. I think there was even an almost swooning sigh in there as well. :D

Dana

The embedding is disabled, but you can click on the video, and it will open in another window.

She's absolutely awesome. The look on the judges faces is priceless!

That was one of those moments that's got to leave you with a smile for the rest of the day. She was so great. I love the music of Les Mis :up:

Daaaang. Adam was on the short list for the lead in Spiderman, according to this.

I can see him rocking the tights. :sexywink:

Spoiler time! :D

Allison Iraheta - “Don’t Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith - Armageddon - Really good on belty parts, not as good on lower register. Over all–good
Anoop Desai - “Everything I Do” by Bryan Adams - Robin Hood - He roughed it up per Quentin’s request. Favorite Anoop performance so far.
Adam Lambert - “Born to be Wild” by Steppenwolf - Easy Rider - OMG Electrifying, snarling…headbanging…working the stage.
Matt Giraud - “Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman” by Bryan Adams - Don Juan - He was OK. Sat at the piano…soulded it up. Seemed a little nervous. Quentin told him to enunciate better
Danny Gokey - “Endless Love” by Diana Ross - Endless Love - Danny got contacts! Singing was what you would expect. Chair pimpage from Ryan
Kris Allen - “Falling Slowly” Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova - Once - Really pretty vocal. Did a nice job mixing him with one of the background singers. Quentin told him to play an intrument, but he didn’t do it.
Lil Rounds - “The Rose” by Bette Midler - The Rose - She started nice and soft…then she turned it gospelly and became shouty. Least favorite

*Comments from Carie

*THIS IS THE PERFORMANCE ORDER IN DRESS*

Wow, that was easily Kris Allen's best performance of the entire competition. Beautiful song, great choice, great job.

Really loved Kris. Love the song and he did great. Randy is crazy. I know he is not popular in this thread, but I think he is one of the best on the show...and one of the most musically talented.

Alright, other than Kris (who had my favorite performance of the night)...Allison and Adam both did a great job.

Probably my least favorite D. Gokey performance but I'm still gonna vote for him because he's Danny Muthafuckin' Gokey. :heart:

Lil Rounds can leave the show if she wants to.

And then two Bryan Adams songs? Really? Of all the songs ever written for movies, 2 out of the 7 people picked Bryan Adams? C'mon now. Both those songs sucked. If I had to guess, I'd say Anoop is gone tomorrow.

What's up with the voting? All of a sudden I'm getting thru every time on Adam's number. Is nobody voting anymore?

Dana

Adam was absolutely insane. That was amazing and hot. Also, his ass looked incredible in those jeans.:drool: Matt was definitely off, but he and Allison both did well. Anoop, Danny, and Kris were boring as hell. Lil was just bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom