Alright, where are you hiding now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diemen

Resident Photo Buff
Staff member
Yes, you. Oh you know who you are. You bitched and moaned and whined and complained and accused U2 of selling out, taking their fans for a ride, losing interest in anything but money and not giving a shit about their fans anymore. U2 was out to get you and you weren't going to take it anymore!

Perhaps this will interest you: in addition to a personal letter to all U2.com members (and posting it on the site), Larry Mullen, on behalf of the band, just apologized on national television (to an international audience, no doubt) for the presale ticket situation.

Originally said by Larry Mullen Jr.
"Some of you might know we nearly weren't going to be able to play live tonight, and we didn't think we were going to be able to play live for the rest of the year.

Live is...where we live. And due to circumstances beyond our control, a lot of our long-suffering fans ended up queuing overnight and didn't get tickets. And I'd just like to take this opportunity, on behalf of the band, to apologize to them.

Greedy selfish bastard indeed.

I now offer each of you a lovely, steaming-hot cup of STFU. :)

The silence IS deafening...too bad this isn't posted in Everything you know is wrong so more people would see it.

Last edited:
I'm one of those who bitched and moaned. Perhaps if we were given a little more info we wouldn't have been as angry. And I'm not talking about disclosing personal health info. While I'm glad to see the band talk about the issue and apologize, there IS NO EXCUSE about how the pre-sale is handled in terms of the "$40 priority ticket booking fiasco" to members of U2.com. I doubt as many would feel ripped off and would have joined U2.com if they were informed about their slim chances of obtaining nosebleed seats. Note: I happened to get the exact tickets I wanted through both the pre-sale and general sale. I'm pissed for those who were IMO ripped off by that con-job of a website. THAT had nothing to do with Edge's daughter's illness and everything to do with either poor business practices and/or deceptive marketing. I love U2 and pray for Sian but fans had the right to be upset over being scammed. BTW, I never signed any of those stupid petitions or lawsuits but I feel that my comments were justified.

'Nuff said.

there is a difference between being pissed off at u2.com and accusing u2 of selling out, i found most people here to be upset with the procedures of u2.com and ticketmaster, not u2 themselves.

isnt this discussion kind of old news....people were pissed about not getting tickets....u2.com screwed up....U2 said they are sorry.....now lets be excited about the upcoming tour (cause lets face it U2 is not gonna fuck their fans over on purpose. they never did and probably never will..)

Tour is on the way we gotta get over this little problem sometimes..:eyebrow:

I'm here. I was pissed, but I have to say for me, TM made it up with the GA's for opening night. They still screwed over a bunch of other fans that bought nosebleeds with their pre-sale password, and it wasn't perfect.

I never blamed U2 for the mess though...For me, it was TM.com 90% blame, with U2.com 10%... The band is usually pretty clueless on this stuff. I do like that they are trying to make up for it...

-Chrisedge

For those of you who never blamed U2 for this, um...my post wasn't directed at you. But there were those here who took it out on U2 and went into all kinds of hysteric bashing.

And their silence IS deafening. :mac:

I hope after what U2 already did about presale and especially after Larry's speech tonight and Edge's dedication and Bono's message at u2mp3s.com, those people take a good, long and hard look at themselves.

ps: If you have the tickets, then that invalidates any complaints you might have, especially if you have the exact ones you wanted.

Back
Top Bottom