Ali Thread #10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anne in top 20 for 'Ireland's sexiest female'

Wednesday January 13 2010

WEXFORD has one just representative in ' The search for Ireland's sexiest female', currently being conducted by the Sunday Independent. RTE newsreader Anne Doyle, a native of Ferns, is one of 20 women nominated for the accolade, with readers invited to text in their favourite female from the list.

She is described as 'the ice cool queen of TV', with ' a razor sharp mind with a wicked sense of humour and a bawdy side that her TV persona gives no hint of '.

Nominees include the likes of TV presenters Kathryn Thomas, Miriam O'Callaghan and Caroline Morahan, TD Liz O'Donnell, and Tanaiste Mary Coughlan, actress Charlene McKenna and activist Ali Hewson (wife of Bono).

Others in the list with Model County connections are actress Amy Huberman, whose mother Sandra hails from Wexford, and model Rosanna Davison, daughter of crooner Chris de Burgh.

Anne in top 20 for 'Ireland's sexiest female' - News, frontpage - Newrossstandard.ie

I thought it was sexiest rock star wife that Ali won, but don't know that I remember Ireland's sexiest female contest, although Andrea Corr won some title similar to that a few years ago I think.

REDAuctioRD010577.jpg

REDAuctioRD010576.jpg

REDAuctioRD010575.jpg

She looks incredible. :drool: :love:

Edun's New Dawn

Lauren Milligan

20 January 2010

ETHICAL fashion label Edun, run by Ali Hewson and her husband Bono, has today announced the appointment of a new creative director, Sharon Wauchob. The Irish-born designer joins new ceo Janice Sullivan at the helm of the ethical label following LVMH's investment in the brand last year.

"Sharon has the unique ability to blend her intimate knowledge of sourcing and product development to push the limits of design and craftsmanship," Hewson said. "This talent is perfectly matched to Edun's vision and values."

Wauchob, a Central Saint Martins graduate, moved to Paris in 1997 and worked with Louis Vuitton before launching her own label in 1999. She will continue to live and work out of Paris, and will continue to show her eponymous line at Paris Fashion Week.

"I am inspired by Edun," she revealed of the new role. "It is much more than just a fashion label. Edun and its founders have a sincere message that allows me to design beyond the normal trends. I look forward to designing the spring/summer 2011 collection and working alongside such creative individuals."

^ Yes, poor Bono :lol:
But I have to admit his hair was particularly "un-:drool::cute::love:" (sorry, I love inventing new words to express myself :D)
Anyway, I'll take one, please!! :love: (I love him even in his bald-Pop era, so... :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom