Ali Thread #10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On yer bike, Bono!
Daily Mail (London, England), The, Dec 15, 2009

Byline: Catherine Fegan

HE HAS spearheaded a personal crusade in favour of global green issues - and it seems Bono has finally taken a bit of his own advice.

The U2 frontman, who routinely preaches about the need to protect the environment, got on his bike to make it to a hot lunch date in New York yesterday.

Bono braved the cold to meet wife Ali Hewson at popular celebrity joint Le Bilboquet in the city's meatpacking district.

The pair joked and laughed after spending some quality time together at the French-themed restaurant where he shared a meal with fellow rocker Lenny Kravitz a month ago.

As they left, Ali clutched the bicycle chain that had kept their cycles safe as they dined.

The millionaire singer recently dismissed those who say his preaching on poverty is hypocritical. The 49-year-old, who is among the highest earners in music history, said: 'I'm over-rewarded for what I do - so shoot me.' But he did admit being a 'pain in the a***' on the subject of Third World poverty.

The star's comments came as he urged people to buy clothes and electronics to help fund projects in Africa.

But yesterday it was all about European cuisine for Bono and Ali at the swish Bilboquet which offers 'French dining with an occasional Mexican twist.' And nothing was going to put a spoke in their wheels.

That's cute :cute:

I want to see Bono an a bike :lol:

Btw, typically tabloid style, the Daily Mail is slightly wrong about Bono preaching about saving the environment. He hasn't.

I want to see Bono an a bike :lol:

Btw, typically tabloid style, the Daily Mail is slightly wrong about Bono preaching about saving the environment. He hasn't.

LOL, me too :lol:

And I noticed that too. It's quite inaccurate when people and/or the media say that Bono is an environmentalist, when he actually isn't. :|

spnphotostwo676717

Talk about restaurants, can you believe this, I can't really.
(and I know this came via contactmusic..)

Bono amazed staff at New York restaurant Butter when he made a string of special requests, including having his salad pre-chopped.

Bono insisted on specially-prepared food when dining out recently, it has been claimed.

The U2 frontman amazed fellow diners at New York eatery Butter on Tuesday (23.02.10) when he made a string of requests to restaurant staff - and then made sure they were carried out.

A source said: "He demanded that his salad be chopped. And he made sure it was when it arrived."

The 'One' singer - who was eating with his bandmate The Edge - sent staff into a panic when he asked for a specific type of bottled water not stocked by the eatery.

The source - who was seated at the next table to the rockers - added to the New York Daily News newspaper: "He wanted Perrier, which they didn't have, so a waiter actually ran across the street to a store and bought him a bottle."

:lol: This is one of my favorite band shots ever, its made in Amsterdam, by anton, and it reminds me of this funny story.:heart: Thanks for posting it! I never had it this big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom