Ali Thread #10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I got the $200 gift certificate from Edun I got some shirts and jeans. They only had one length in my size, it ended up being too long so I gave them to my friend who is a few inches taller and they look fab on her! I got a bunch of the cheaper t's and they are really soft. I like the navy one with the leaf.

Not sure if this pic has been posted without watermarks before.

_users_admin_desktop_bel_44041_2.jpg

bono-and-ali-beauty-newsfla.jpg

A far as beauty launches go, Nude Skincare's press event at The River Café was about as A-list as it gets. In fact we'd go so far as so say that if we were giving prizes for the best beauty launch of the year this would probably be it. After all, it's not often we get to dine with rock royalty, which is exactly what happened when Bono joined us for dinner. In case you're confused, Bono is husband to Ali Hewson, who's an investor, along with founder Bryan Meehan to Nude Skincare. And they're all friends with Christy Turlington, who's a HUGE fan of the 99% synthetic free range...get the picture? So after chatting music (Bono tells us U2's new album is out early next year, which we've heard is so good it's set to blow Joshua Tree off its pedestal) and, er, mascara (from a shoot apparently but more on that another time) with the rock legend wasn't enough, we then walked away with a gigantic goody bag of Nude products including the cult Cleansing Facial Oil and legendary Hydrate Supplements. We haven't tested them all yet - there's only so many you can try in one morning after all. But we will say this. If Ali Hewson's mind-blowingly gorgeous complexion is an indicator, anything from this super-luxe skincare line a safe investment.

Beauty: We bond with Bono over beauty

^ :cute::heart::heart:

Is the blond girl Bryan Meehan?? ("Ali Hewson, who's an investor, along with founder Bryan Meehan to Nude Skincare") :hmm:

"If Ali Hewson's mind-blowingly gorgeous complexion is an indicator, anything from this super-luxe skincare line a safe investment."
Totally agreed :up::up: Her skin looks great (at least in photos :lol:)

^ :cute::heart::heart:

Is the blond girl Bryan Meehan?? ("Ali Hewson, who's an investor, along with founder Bryan Meehan to Nude Skincare") :hmm:

"If Ali Hewson's mind-blowingly gorgeous complexion is an indicator, anything from this super-luxe skincare line a safe investment."
Totally agreed :up::up: Her skin looks great (at least in photos :lol:)

No, this is Bryan Meehan:

1224250952023_1.jpg

I think the color in her hair is from the light but I think it looks fabulous, she should color her hair that way!

On yer bike, Bono!
Daily Mail (London, England), The, Dec 15, 2009

Byline: Catherine Fegan

HE HAS spearheaded a personal crusade in favour of global green issues - and it seems Bono has finally taken a bit of his own advice.

The U2 frontman, who routinely preaches about the need to protect the environment, got on his bike to make it to a hot lunch date in New York yesterday.

Bono braved the cold to meet wife Ali Hewson at popular celebrity joint Le Bilboquet in the city's meatpacking district.

The pair joked and laughed after spending some quality time together at the French-themed restaurant where he shared a meal with fellow rocker Lenny Kravitz a month ago.

As they left, Ali clutched the bicycle chain that had kept their cycles safe as they dined.

The millionaire singer recently dismissed those who say his preaching on poverty is hypocritical. The 49-year-old, who is among the highest earners in music history, said: 'I'm over-rewarded for what I do - so shoot me.' But he did admit being a 'pain in the a***' on the subject of Third World poverty.

The star's comments came as he urged people to buy clothes and electronics to help fund projects in Africa.

But yesterday it was all about European cuisine for Bono and Ali at the swish Bilboquet which offers 'French dining with an occasional Mexican twist.' And nothing was going to put a spoke in their wheels.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
Evening Standard; London (UK), Oct 26, 2009

'I grew up in a place where if you had a good handbag and a good pair of shoes, you were set' Bono's stylish wife Ali Hewson learnt the key to a good wardrobe when she was young in Dublin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom