ALBUM 13 - DOUBLE LP or NOT ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If U2 had this mentality in the 80s, they would have called in Quincy Jones or another "hitmaker" to rework their material from the Joshua Tree sessions... then replaced him with Shep Pettibone or some clubby producer, and the Joshua Tree would have been released sometime in the 90s.

...and Mutt Lange would've been producer of Achtung Baby. "Hey, Mutt. I've been hearing Bryan Adams on the radio all summer. We want in on that shit!"

1f77ed8ea65711e3b7690abdc4c80629_8.jpg

Instagram

Sigh. Work continues.......:crack:

Well, at least that confirms that Epworth is currently working on this thing. He did miracles for "Ordinary Love"

:up: Yeah I called that as soon as I read the article. Twice.

No actual confirmation from band, mgmt, or promoters. Just "sources". Huge huge BS.

do you think Danger Mouse is just being coy then, when he says he is no longer sure whether he is producing this thing or not?

maybe he is in on the conspiracy - he is producing one album and Epworth the other? :lol:

Well at least that pic confirms that Epworth is already in there working on this thing. Unless of course it's a pic from the Ordinary Love days, but I doubt it.

do you think Danger Mouse is just being coy then, when he says he is no longer sure whether he is producing this thing or not?

If there are two albums? Then he may NOT be producing the second one. :hmm:

I think whatever songs he worked on are DONE. Finished, ready to roll. Whatever is going on isn't his. :shrug: It may be Epworth, it may be the old crew of Lanois/Eno/Lillywhite, or it may be someone else entirely.

I don't know why but for some reason...
I think he's talking about the infamous 'second album'. I'm sure he produced the first album head to toe, and probably if they are doing the second album, they are seeking other producers like Paul Epworth and Ryan Tedder. Then, they can go on tour in support of both albums in 2015.

At this point this is just complete bullshitting/based on imagination, so don't believe this at all. BUT, Justin Timberlake did it last year. Released two albums, currently on a HUGE world tour.
Oh, looks like CK and I were on similar tracks. :lol:

I think whatever songs he worked on are DONE. Finished, ready to roll. Whatever is going on isn't his. :shrug: It may be Epworth, it may be the old crew of Lanois/Eno/Lillywhite, or it may be someone else entirely.

well they already let Epworth at Ordinary Love, so i guess nothing is set in stone...

If there are two albums? Then he may NOT be producing the second one. :hmm:

I don't know why but for some reason...
I think he's talking about the infamous 'second album'. I'm sure he produced the first album head to toe, and probably if they are doing the second album, they are seeking other producers like Paul Epworth and Ryan Tedder. Then, they can go on tour in support of both albums in 2015.

At this point this is just complete bullshitting/based on imagination, so don't believe this at all. BUT, Justin Timberlake did it last year. Released two albums, currently on a HUGE world tour.
Oh, looks like CK and I were on similar tracks. :lol:

yep, i edited before i saw your posts, wondering about that too...

See, once we all settle down and quit hitting :panic:, then it all makes sense!

:lol:

Album #1 - DM work, probably out in April
Album #2 - Epworth? New producer we're not aware of? Out in August.
(Dallas has reportedly said April and/or August. The band keeps hinting at busy summers and multiple albums.)

Billboard: Full of shit and waiting for a release date like the rest of us plebians.
(Yes, I know what I did there. :heart: :kiss: )

aww folks seriously.. it's off.. spare yourselves from inevitable disappointment.. Billboard isn't going to publish a story like that from a source they don't implicitly trust.

See, once we all settle down and quit hitting :panic:, then it all makes sense!

:lol:

Album #1 - DM work, probably out in April
Album #2 - Epworth? New producer we're not aware of? Out in August.
(Dallas has reportedly said April and/or August. The band keeps hinting at busy summers and multiple albums.)

Billboard: Full of shit and waiting for a release date like the rest of us plebians.
(Yes, I know what I did there. :heart: :kiss: )

What the hell?

Sent from my Note 3 using my S-pen.

aww folks seriously.. it's off.. spare yourselves from inevitable disappointment.. Billboard isn't going to publish a story like that from a source they don't implicitly trust.

:up:

yep, it's not as if the band haven't backpeddled before... :lol:

If the album has indeed been pushed then how in the world with any certainty could you even say 2015 and tour then too, it just makes no sense with edge saying they are going to be busy, all the 2 album talk and all the recent publicity to get them back in the spotlight? The pr engine is running hot and all of the sudden it just fizzles? The tonight show appearance wasn't exactly just about ordinary love you know!

It's currently MARCH. How can they just be so damned certain that they won't have anything to release until 2015? That's still 9 months away!!! They must be very uncertain about the material they have. Maybe it's all shit?

A couple months ago I said that the album wouldn't probably be released until late 2014, with early 2015 as a safety net (that they will certainly need). People jumped up my ass and rediculed me for my comments. And now look at where we are. Trust me, I wanted to be wrong, but with U2 it's best to always assume the worst. I remember when fall 2013 was our worst case scenario. Now I feel like early 2015 is our most likely possibility.

I hate to say it, but they've lost it. If it truly takes this long to record an album, that' etching on Aerosmith / Metallica territory. I'll continue to buy whatever they release, and see U2 as many times as I can, but I certainly don't have the same respect for them as I used to. How can you be relevant if you don't release any MUSIC? 2 songs in 4 years doesn't count.

I hate to say this, but I like DM's production on OL much more than Epworth's so I really hope they are not throwing out DM's work. DM's production is nice and crisp to my ears. That being said, I feel the two live acoustic versions we've seen are better than either studio version. That's what I find so frustrating with all the delays and different producers brought in, trying to be "relevant", blah blah blah... This band is great when they are just by themselves making music and they can't seem to bring themselves to accomplish that. I have been a fan of this band since 1980, and remember the attempt at relevance that was Pop. It was the first U2 album I didn't rush out to buy, to me it sounded like a forced attempt to be hip, even the irony felt forced. Then I heard the acoustic versions of those songs being played at the ATYCLB shows, and the stripped down remixes on the greatest hits album and realized there was nothing wrong with the songs, it was the production. These guys really need to get back to it being about the songs and get on with it.

Of course, that's just the opinion of a long time lurker and there's no accounting for taste!

They have before.

I'm not in some denial camp, I honestly couldn't care less, I gave up after the supposed SOA. But that being said, it just doesn't make sense.

Do you really have that many people(not just U2) talking about albums, have journalist talk about lyrics and then only a few weeks later you've already made a record company decision that you're giving up... IN MARCH?

If you've already made a company decision because you're struggling in the studio, do you stay in the studio or do you take a break since you've bought yourself another year?

U2 has done some odd things, I get that, but nothing about this makes any logical sense.

It's that illogical that I thought it was a fake link redirecting to that same Adam picture ... until I actually clicked on the link.

It's completely nonsensical, you can arguably produce 3 good albums in that time if you got stuck in and cut the crap.

In here? Yeah.

This thread basically hits the panic button for anything with or without a "source".

And then claims that Bono lies. :lol:

I said many a page ago that this article from Billboard looks and sounds fishy. All anon sources, no quotes whatsoever from the band or management. Billboard (and the rest of the media/music world) are chomping at the bit for dates just like the rest of us. They probably want to try to "scare" the band into releasing info so they can claim "we brought it to you first!"

Billboard: NO ALBUM UNTIL NEXT YEAR WE SAID IT HERE FIRST FOLKS

Other media: *runs around posting the story*

Internet: MASS FREAKOUTS OMGGGGG

Band: SHIT FUCK PISS WE NEED TO BE RELEVANT!!! ALBUM OUT NEXT MONTH NO MORE SECRETS WE'RE SORRY PLEASE GO BUY IT AND COME SEE THE TOUR

Billboard: U2 ANNOUNCES ALBUM AHEAD OF SCHEDULE WE SAID IT HERE FIRST

....lather, rinse, repeat. :whistle:
This post makes me think you're detached from reality altogether.

Again, other than wishful thinking, why doubt the Billboard story? It's not a wannabe music blog. It's an industry magazine with sources in very high places. If they get the story wrong it would do far more damage to their relationships and their reputation than any benefit they would receive from getting "hits" on their story.

Does the Billboard story contradict just about everything U2 has been saying of late? YES. But that just means U2 arrived at this decision recently... as in this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom