ALBUM 13 - DOUBLE LP or NOT ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All right, this better be some bad dream, we need to hear from the band now!!!!! This is beyond odd!!! Just drop the freaking album and then another one later this year c'mon!!!!!!

I feel bad for Danger Mouse... Talk about demoralising... These guys must be fecking horrible to work with - they seem to throw people under the bus all the time, even happened with Spider-man...

Seriously, if they are stuck for ideas, or unhappy with their work or whatever, maybe it's time to call it a day... The response to Ordinary Love has been extraordinary - it's getting tons of airplay over here and i really love Invisible too and think DM did a great job on both tracks... Baffling behaviour by the band really... Although i guess it's classic insecure U2? Silly though!

Let's not all lose our heads at once our they won't have a fan base to buy the new album (eventually).

My going theory is that, while no one knows what's going on, at least we aren't the ones making those tough decisions. And more importantly, if you truly enjoy Invisible, and it took them this long to create it, just imagine what goodness could possibly come out of this long of a wait!

Let's be honest with ourselves, Bono's extracurricular activities involving charity don't take as long as we think. Places like @u2 report practically all of his public appearances and they're actually quite rare when you think about it. When these guys aren't in the studio, they're lounging around their mansions or hanging out in an upscale club in New York. It's not like any of that actually matters, but let's stop trying to say that the side-projects are taking away from their recording time. They've been working on this thing for years with little to show for it and Bono giving a speech every once in a while isn't the problem.

Here's my solution. 2015 is the fifteenth anniversary of All That You Can't Leave Behind. Release a super deluxe set early in the new year and then do a tour where they perform the album in full every night. I'll get what I want and that's all that matters.

This band keeps lying all the time. I' m completely done with IT. I was looking forward to a great u2 year, now there's nothing. Next lie due in 2015. Please call it quits!!!

the disturbing thing looking back at the past few album cycles, is that they seem to treat people as dispensable... that's... not so nice

perhaps they should just get the 4 of them in a studio and work the songs out between them as a band, i mean, that should be pretty simple no?

So.... that link about U2 touring in order to support ATYCLB can be real? :crack:

What what? Show me please!

I figured if they did go with the "album a night" rumor, it would be Joshua Tree/Achtung Baby for two-day stands and All That You Can't Leave Behind for any third gigs. They've performed practically all of the first two in recent years and most of the latter.

Let's be honest with ourselves, Bono's extracurricular activities involving charity don't take as long as we think. Places like @u2 report practically all of his public appearances and they're actually quite rare when you think about it. When these guys aren't in the studio, they're lounging around their mansions or hanging out in an upscale club in New York. It's not like any of that actually matters, but let's stop trying to say that the side-projects are taking away from their recording time. They've been working on this thing for years with little to show for it and Bono giving a speech every once in a while isn't the problem.

Just curious..how many kids you got, if any?

If U2 had this mentality in the 80s, they would have called in Quincy Jones or another "hitmaker" to rework their material from the Joshua Tree sessions... then replaced him with Shep Pettibone or some clubby producer, and the Joshua Tree would have been released sometime in the 90s.

Hang on a god damn minute so we are trusting something that is quoting "sources" but yet ignoring every interview they have done?

In here? Yeah.

This thread basically hits the panic button for anything with or without a "source".

And then claims that Bono lies. :lol:

I said many a page ago that this article from Billboard looks and sounds fishy. All anon sources, no quotes whatsoever from the band or management. Billboard (and the rest of the media/music world) are chomping at the bit for dates just like the rest of us. They probably want to try to "scare" the band into releasing info so they can claim "we brought it to you first!"

Billboard: NO ALBUM UNTIL NEXT YEAR WE SAID IT HERE FIRST FOLKS

Other media: *runs around posting the story*

Internet: MASS FREAKOUTS OMGGGGG

Band: SHIT FUCK PISS WE NEED TO BE RELEVANT!!! ALBUM OUT NEXT MONTH NO MORE SECRETS WE'RE SORRY PLEASE GO BUY IT AND COME SEE THE TOUR

Billboard: U2 ANNOUNCES ALBUM AHEAD OF SCHEDULE WE SAID IT HERE FIRST

....lather, rinse, repeat. :whistle:

What what? Show me please!

I figured if they did go with the "album a night" rumor, it would be Joshua Tree/Achtung Baby for two-day stands and All That You Can't Leave Behind for any third gigs. They've performed practically all of the first two in recent years and most of the latter.

HAHA. Yesterday I posted a link for some random website talking about U2 touring for ATYCLB, and setting the european dates.....they're a little bit late for the party, and I even joked about we getting back in time. :lol::lol:, it's funny because it matches with your comment

PS: I just tried to post at least 5 times now. Guys, don't break Interference, please. I like it

Just curious..how many kids you got, if any?

Zero. And their kids could take up plenty of their time as well. Anyway, I don't care what they do in their off time, I'm just annoyed with people making excuses. If their real lives get in the way of the recording studio, that's fine. But these four guys really aren't that active in the public sphere that it should lead to these album delays.

We have years between releases because they simply aren't recording or they're taking forever to record while they're in the studio. That's it.

If U2 had this mentality in the 80s, they would have called in Quincy Jones or another "hitmaker" to rework their material from the Joshua Tree sessions... then replaced him with Shep Pettibone or some clubby producer, and the Joshua Tree would have been released sometime in the 90s.

Sadly true :up:

In here? Yeah.

This thread basically hits the panic button for anything with or without a "source".

And then claims that Bono lies. :lol:

I said many a page ago that this article from Billboard looks and sounds fishy. All anon sources, no quotes whatsoever from the band or management. Billboard (and the rest of the media/music world) are chomping at the bit for dates just like the rest of us. They probably want to try to "scare" the band into releasing info so they can claim "we brought it to you first!"

Billboard is one of the most reputable outlets there is. This is almost the same as coming from the band itself.

We have to face it, it's most likely true.

I think when we get it we'll be glad they made sure it was steller. It's U2 and it's their way.

As regards the new album, I've never fully explored the "Passengers" stuff bar the obvious tracks; so I think I'll buy a copy of that and pretend I have a new album :hyper:

Same here. I have all (or maybe just most) of the tracks on my iTunes, but I've never actually purchased the official CD. Maybe I'll get on that. It's something, at least.

There's only one thing that can save this band now. New lead singer. Fire that wanker Bono. We need someone who still has soul, not someone who has sold his soul.

New U2: Larry, Edge, Adam and Chris :heart: Martin.

New U2's 2015 album will outsell the band's entire back catalog, twenty times over.

Zero. And their kids could take up plenty of their time as well. Anyway, I don't care what they do in their off time, I'm just annoyed with people making excuses. If their real lives get in the way of the recording studio, that's fine. But these four guys really aren't that active in the public sphere that it should lead to these album delays. it.

Well to be honest the people who lament Bono's charity/extracurricular stuff as being the reason these guys take forever are not really seeing things clearly anyways IMO.

The reality is, families take up insane amounts of time. And they often have to play catchup after being away from theirs for extended periods..some of which periods are spent giving us music and performing (yes, they get paid I get that). I can fully see them coming off last tour and needing some serious family time.

Lets face it they aren't in their 20s anymore. Their lives in the 80s completely revolved around music and the band. Their lives now are a great deal more complicated than they were back then.

I'm not saying that's a reason for any delays but just trying to reinforce that I would put family time eating into any music/band timetables far more than simply Bono's charitable stuff or Larry's movies etc etc

axNY2n2_700b.jpg

If U2 are pushing the album to 2015, I think they should do what Bruce Springsteen did in 1999/2000 and just go back on the road, find themselves, road test new material and then hit the studio. They need to find new inspiration and the road may be the place to do it.

Bruce Springsteen in the 1990's recorded several albums that he decided not to release as he had completely lost confidence and didn't know what his next move should be. He hit the road without a new album in 1999 in order to find himself again. When Springsteen released the Rising in 2002, the success of that album freed him up to do whatever he wanted, whenever. Keep in mind that the Rising was his first album in 7 years (Ghost of Tom Joad was released in 1995). Springsteen has been on a tear ever since releasing an album every other year.

Springsteen realized that he was over thinking the material and essentially driving himself crazy for no reason. An album like High Hopes (which is an odds/sods kind of album) would have never seen the light of day 30 years ago if Bruce kept his previous philosophy on music that his image/music had to be tightly controlled. In fact some of that 90's material was eventually released (the Seeger Sessions for example).

It remains to be seen what U2 are really up to but if the extra year eventually ends up giving 10 more years of life into the band, I am willing to wait. I just hope they have lost Will.I.Am's phone number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom