ALBUM 13 - DOUBLE LP or NOT ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the box set now . Its got some bad picture of them on the cover. lol. Demos. A lovetown dvd I hope. Remixes. Don't forget them.

Thought that Billboard link was a sneaky joke until I clicked on it.

They should retire ASAP.

Sorry to say but most of you obviously have no real problems in life. People saying RIP and stuff and acting as if the world is coming to an end are really pathetic. All just because of one magazine article.

I'm out of this overblown drama until there's any REAL news or confirmation of anything.

Wow...Ordinary Love REALLY set them back.

Yeah, it retroactively wiped away nearly all of the 30 songs or whatever they had recorded over the last five years and finished by that point. :hmm:

they should have stopped pricking around with the b-sides that came to be invisible and ordinary love and focused on what really matters.

they should have stopped pricking around with the b-sides that came to be invisible and ordinary love and focused on what really matters.

You think that those two songs were b-sides? At their age? That's...that's adorable.

Sent from my XT1058 using U2 Interference mobile app

Sorry to say but most of you obviously have no real problems in life. People saying RIP and stuff and acting as if the world is coming to an end are really pathetic. All just because of one magazine article.

I'm out of this overblown drama until there's any REAL news or confirmation of anything.

Again with the confirmation. This Billboard article is the most concrete news to emerge in months. Are you expecting an official press release from the band stating, 'Yes, we are going back to the drawing board"? Was Danger Mouse's quote that HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW IF HE'S STILL CONSIDERED THE PRODUCER OF THE ALBUM not enough?

On the other hand, yes, the overblown predictions of the world--or the band--coming to an end are bonkers.

Exactly. Those songs would be below average on any of their recent albums. The true fans see this. The true fans know this.

Return of the Stingray Guitar? Invisible? Every Breaking Wave? North Star? Ordinary Love?

What is this shit??????

Exactly. Those songs would be below average on any of their recent albums. The true fans see this. The true fans know this.

Return of the Stingray Guitar? Invisible? Every Breaking Wave? North Star? Ordinary Love?

What is this shit??????

Don't go proper overboard here.

See I don't really get this, and it dovetails into some other thoughts I have:

People swore up and down that no way could the band have bothered to sit down and write a song for Mandela...no, it had nothing to do with him at first it's an old song they just repurposed it Bono lies etc etc...and yet now OL is the song to blame for completely derailing the album? How can that be, if it was just an already written song tacked onto a movie like an asterisk?

Having said that, it is just that - a song for a movie. That is doing decently. If they are even remotely discouraged by it and think the new stuff sounds too much like it and now they don't want to go in that direction..then it begs a question..what exactly are they looking for?

And then Invisible..which most are rating somewhere between decent and amazing..so let's average it out at very good. Its certainly not a horrible direction...so again, assuming that some-all? of the new stuff sounds even remotely like it...what exactly are they looking for if a song like Invisible isn't good enough? And there was supposed to be another single that was even better? Just how much more magic do they need? ?

If it's that ultimate pop hit....it's just really dangerous territory. It puts an incredible strain on them that isn't even necessary.

I'm sure none of the band members (other than Bono and Edge every now and then) want to step out in the public eye for a while now after this emerged. :lol:

What is this shit??????

Stop that 'true fan'-idiocy

The true fans see this. The true fans know this.

srtgf_zps06cc00e3.gif

Maybe mike hedges can be brought in so we have have 2 simultaneously mixed versions released in '15

If it's that ultimate pop hit....it's just really dangerous territory. It puts an incredible strain on them that isn't even necessary.

And I felt that Ordinary Love was as poppy as they can get anyway, really, they should put themselves out of their misery and just break up. It might sound harsh to some but I don't think threatening to release an album for 5 years reflects well on them.

This is the ultimate stealth album. Denial, then no album at all. Announce the album is whatever you can dream up. When they play songs from it in concert, you imagine it in your head while they flop around in silence.

Sent from my XT1058 using U2 Interference mobile app

Your post saying they're not old and have no reason to break up wasn't much better.

I just can't believe we had Edge saying that 6-7 songs were 'finished' - how long could it take them to finish the rest? Surely not a year?

Two weeks ago we started getting more song titles, and now this?

I know it's Billboard, but I can't seem to accept it. It's like being in denial.

oscars?
superbowl?
roof top gig?
fund raiser gig?
public speaking at this and that?

who give a sh*t. and god knows how many other distractions. stop dicking about and focus on the job in hand. then when the album is done and firmly scheduled or released, then you can toss about.

seriously guys come on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom