Adam's Best Super-Bassy Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
To go with all the Adam love around here lately, how about a thread highlighting some of his finest moments with the bass?

"Lady with the Spinning Head" just came on, which I think has a pretty rockin' bass line, and I was inspired.

"In God's Country" has a nice thump. And he does a great job filling in the sound on "Lemon."

And I'm going to say "Lady With the Spinning Head" again, because it rocks.

i agree with what everyone has said, but my personal favorite is 'one tree hill' - simple bassline that never changes - he lets the edge spell out the chord changes with his stuff. adam just plays cool and funky - reminds me of his new stuff on 'a man and a woman'.

"Im Not Your baby", some great bass on that one, was that just a Bono/Edge song or did the whole band record it?

Last edited:
"With or Without You" and "A Man and A Woman" wouldn't be worth a crap to me without Mr. Clayton. :D :up: :adam: :up:

New Year's Day, Exit, With Or Without You, A Man And A Woman, Love Comes Tumbling, Please,

And of course every time Adam plays his guitar with one hand. I just love that. It's so cool to watch him do that! :drool:

How about Mothers of the Disappeared? That's a beautiful bassline there.

I'll also add Gloria because it's just so damn cool, especiall on the Red Rocks recording.

I'll also say Until the End of the World. One of the best basslines ever, especially in the beginning before the song really kicks off. :drool:

Zootlesque said:

actually, the main bassline on the record is a sequenced synthesizer. Adam doesn't play it live either (see popmart mexico video).

however, that is one hell of a MOFO bassline.

As a bass player myself, I've come to appreciate most of Adam's playing, not just the obvious one's like NYD or WOWY. particularly, I really love One Tree Hill, UTEOTW, mysterious ways, stay, IGWSHA, in a little while, and yahweh.

but most of all, I love his TONE. think about that for a minute folks, because no one else in rock has that tone. it's like you get bob marley basslines on a u2 record....what more could you ask for?
I wish more bassists had a tone like adam as opposed to flea.

the bridge of I Will Follow has a great bass riff!

i love the bass in City of Blinding Lights, really cool

and of course New Year's Day and AMaaW!

Boomerang II.

Love and Peace...Live especially!

Indian Summer Sky

JOFO said:

actually, the main bassline on the record is a sequenced synthesizer. Adam doesn't play it live either (see popmart mexico video).

however, that is one hell of a MOFO bassline.

As a bass player myself, I've come to appreciate most of Adam's playing, not just the obvious one's like NYD or WOWY. particularly, I really love One Tree Hill, UTEOTW, mysterious ways, stay, IGWSHA, in a little while, and yahweh.

but most of all, I love his TONE. think about that for a minute folks, because no one else in rock has that tone. it's like you get bob marley basslines on a u2 record....what more could you ask for?
I wish more bassists had a tone like adam as opposed to flea.

I came across this at a bass player message board ( I'm inspired by Adam to consider picking it up, but my work schedule leaves hardly any time to pick up anything like that right now)

but that's one of the things he's best at, but what exactly is tone? Just the overall sound?

Oh, and "A Sort of Homecoming."

And "One Tree Hill" again.

And "Lady With the Spinning Head" again again.

All of the above. :applaud:

And Trip Through Your Wires -- just cause its simple enough for me to play (and have it sound like the real thing :wink:)

All of the above mentioned,and....

I Will Follow
Vertigo
Yahweh
Zoo Station
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Dirty Day
The Wanderer

thrillme said:
but what exactly is tone? Just the overall sound?

tone is the sonic character of an instrument or voice; is it very deep or bassy, or is it thin and trebly, very mid-rangy?
like when you change the settings on your stereo's eq, making it more bottomy or less or whatever.

City of Blinding Lights. The whole song.
Do You Feel Loved intro
Zoo Station chorus
Yahweh intro
Gone

Back
Top Bottom