Adam Clayton on backing vocals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AussieU2fanman

Refugee
How many of you have seen Adam clayton do backing vocals? I saw him but didn't hear him sing I will Follows backing vocals on a video clip. Has anyone else seen this? Is he sound alright? Does he regularily do this? I have seen him with a microphone stand for him but this is the first time i have seen him sing into it.

In some songs Adam and Larry do back vocals.. in some songs.. not all.. but I'm not sure that in the I will Follow video he did the back vocals.. because I haven't seen it.. just a part.. hehe...
Adam talks in the end of "your blue room".. and I haven't heard his voice at all in I will Follow ... but it must be cute

If you watch R&H or any other clips from the 80's you can see a mike in front of Adam, though the camera is never on him when he's singing. I think he did backing vocals on stage, but not on the album.

A few months ago I saw a clip of a concert where Adam takes over Edge's mike and sings backup for a few lines. It might have been I Will Follow, and I have no idea what show it was or when it happened...early 80's is all I can say. Bono seemed to have no idea what was going on. :lol:

According to a concert review reprinted in best of propaganda book, Adam did vocals on 2 hearts beat as 1, sometime in 1983.

Common Ground: Voices Of Modern Irish Music is said to have a redone version of Tomorrow with Adam singing back up vocals.

I've also heard from various fans who saw U2 live back in the 80's, saying Adam did do some back up vocals on some of the songs.

Last edited:
I know during a lot of concerts (including the ones in R&H) he'd have a mike in front of him that wasn't plugged in...no idea about how good his voice is.

Back
Top Bottom