Achtung Baby House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~*Buffalo*~

War Child
I wasn't sure where to put this, so if it needs to be moved, go ahead!

I was reading an article in this home renovation section of the Brisbane newspaper the other day, and it was about this man (an architect) who designed and built his dream house.

He was asked to describe it and he said he calls it "Achtung Baby" after a song (yes, it said song, I was very tempted to write in and complain about THAT) by his favourite band U2, whom he loves for being so unpredictable. And he wanted to convey that through his house.

Well I thought that was pretty, errr, funny, but anyway, I was just wondering, have you ever given anything a name inspired by U2? Even a house ... :p

Bizzare there was a programme on the BBC (UK) tonight called grand designs where a couple re-designed their house in Brighton. Their mate from the pub happens to be a famous architect who did the work for them. He had just come back from designing Bono's interiors in the south of France. Then Alan Partridge came (a hilarous Brit comedy) where Alan makes out he knows Bono and takes his Russian girlfriend to 'Bono's house' which is infact a country house open to the public...anyway if you didn't see it or have never heard of Alan Partridge you will have no idea what I'm talking about so will shut up now..!!

Jim said:
Bizzare there was a programme on the BBC (UK) tonight called grand designs where a couple re-designed their house in Brighton. Their mate from the pub happens to be a famous architect who did the work for them. He had just come back from designing Bono's interiors in the south of France. Then Alan Partridge came (a hilarous Brit comedy) where Alan makes out he knows Bono and takes his Russian girlfriend to 'Bono's house' which is infact a country house open to the public...anyway if you didn't see it or have never heard of Alan Partridge you will have no idea what I'm talking about so will shut up now..!!

oh god - I saw the end of that and completely missed the bono connection. Mind you, I have to say I thought that designer was a bit odd with his olive oil and stuff. (for those who don't know what I'm talking about, he cut a window in the stairs and filled it with olive oil. And it leaked.)

:huh:

HA! I liked the olive oil step, but can see and amateur DIY-er somewhere in England attempting the same thing and some serious slipping on arse situation happening cos of a leaky step!!

Jim said:

I love Alan Partridge! I saw it, have seen it before it always makes me laugh...

She cuts out U2's heads and sticks them on space men! :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom