Achtung Baby Demos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Numbology

War Child
I just wanted to know what do you people think about the Achtung Baby outtakes(demos) such as Salome,Get You Down,Heaven and Hell etc.Which one is the best in your opinion?

I have a special place in my heart for Heaven and Hell, but I think She's gonna Blow your House down is fuckin great! Its what I want the new album to be.

She's Gonna Blow Your House down is indeed a great song and the best of the demo stuff...can't believe it hasn't surfaced in some form on an album when you think how long ago it was created..The riff and momentum of the song is really strong!:huh:

I'm addicted to "Take You Down" and "Back Mask U2" but the one that sticks in my head ALL the time is the 5:07 version of "Morning Child/Don't Turn Around"..... and he's not even singing words really, just scatting to get a feel. I know, I know, I'm odd, but I love it.

The Axtung Beibi sessions are fascinating to me as a fan and as a musician because in one song I can hear where three came from.... hear the evolution of the sounds they come up with... it gave me a lot of new creative tools to work with, opened up my mind and eyes.

I absolutley love those sessions! Heaven and Hell and ...gonna blow your house down Are absolutley great tracks. I'm really surprised U2 opted for two or three cover versions and (shudder) Re-mixes for B-sides, instead of 'finishing/tidying up' tracks such as the ones mentioned above....

wolfeden said:

The Axtung Beibi sessions are fascinating to me as a fan and as a musician because in one song I can hear where three came from.... hear the evolution of the sounds they come up with... it gave me a lot of new creative tools to work with, opened up my mind and eyes.

I am not a musician per say but I totally agree with your statement. I would love to have sessions from album just to hear the evolutionary process. (with the future box set we can only hope)

She's Gonna Blow Your House Down, Heaven and Hell, the early demo of Acrobat, and Woman (Sick For Love) all good stuff. Salome gets down right boring as it is played 150 times, but the final product was very good.

Numbology said:
I just wanted to know what do you people think about the Achtung Baby outtakes(demos) such as Salome,Get You Down,Heaven and Hell etc.Which one is the best in your opinion?

I think they were all crap - disjointed, unfinished, lacked polishing, and weren't worth anything. That's why none of those demos ever made it to the Achtung Baby album, and rightfully so. Achtung Baby turned out to be a great album.

Cheers,

J

Re: Re: Achtung Baby Demos

jick said:

I think they were all crap - disjointed, unfinished, lacked polishing, and weren't worth anything. That's why none of those demos ever made it to the Achtung Baby album, and rightfully so. Achtung Baby turned out to be a great album.

Cheers,

J

What about Even better Than the Real Thing?

Heaven and hell rocked, i can do a nice accompaniment on the guitar to this track..

what im interested in, how many of you - like myself - have an 'original' 3cd copy off these sessions back from the early, earlky 90s??

Take You Down is awesome. I also quite enjoy Sweet Baby Jane and I Feel Free.

Flaming Friar Sr said:
what im interested in, how many of you - like myself - have an 'original' 3cd copy off these sessions back from the early, earlky 90s??

I have the original CDs and the original vinyl LP's as well. The LP's were the first thing that came out actually and the company in Germany that was manufacturing those is the one that Principle went after and had shut down. The CD's surfaced several months later by a different bootleg label.

And what about songs like Doctor, doctor and Did you wanna. Those both were great songs. Especially DYW. I wonder nobody is talking about them. They are Achtung Baby Outtakes, aren?t they?

Back
Top Bottom