According to U2.com, members should go to the ellipse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ckonanz

The Fly
I pulled this out from u2.com

http://u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1487
More On the ‘Elipse’

Want to get into the elipse but didn’t buy your tickets in the presale ?

As you know some of the shows were not included in any presale, so here’s how you GA ticket-holders can get into the elipse. (It’s different if the show had a presale, see here.

As usual there will be two lines, one for all GAers and one for U2.Com subscriber GAers. To show that you are a U2.com subscriber and get into the U2.Com line, print off your PROFILE page, which you will find under ‘MY PROFILE’ in the main navigation bar on the subscriber home page. Bring your profile and photo I.D. with you to the venue so security knows you are who you say you are.

Want a reminder of the rest of the elipse entry info? Click here.

I am sure it´s a mistake, it would be great if it´s right!

That's confusing. They're implying that you can get into the ellipse if you are a U2.com member and can prove it, but don't say anything about the random draw. If the draw is still the same and gives equal chances to everyone (U2.com member or not), it doesn't make a big difference.

So why are they implying that now? Are they just confused? I guess we will see how things go in the next few days, as I'm sure this whole lottery will be changed to some extent.

It´s confusing, they shouldn´t mention the ellipse, just the two lines.

Want to get into the elipse but didn’t buy your tickets in the presale ?

They are implying here that you cannot go to the ellipse unless you have presale tickets. Then they say:

As you know some of the shows were not included in any presale, so here’s how you GA ticket-holders can get into the elipse.

I think the person who wrote this got it wrong.

Would it kill U2.com to make sense and spell correctly?

this ellipse thing is confusing the hell out of me :huh:

hey axver, you going to be online tonight for the "setlist watch"?

i was at the tip of the oval, on the rail--and I'd rather have been there than in the ellipse...but the advantage of the ellipse is obviously the lack of crowding. the back was really sparsley populated at both shows.

RademR said:
this ellipse thing is confusing the hell out of me :huh:

hey axver, you going to be online tonight for the "setlist watch"?

Absolutely! About to make a thread on it.

It sounds like U2.com is saying that U2.com paid members will get into the ellipse for any show that did not have a presale. The question is, which shows didnt have presales?

I had all that, and no one even looked at it. I didn't have a fan GA tkt, but just a regular TM GA tkt. I held my membership card and my "profile" and no one even cared. I am wondering about their computer screen thingy because that lady doing it tonight sure didn't seem to really be doing anything, and then someone told me it is only those with fanclub GA's getting inside.

bonoed said:
I had all that, and no one even looked at it. I didn't have a fan GA tkt, but just a regular TM GA tkt. I held my membership card and my "profile" and no one even cared. I am wondering about their computer screen thingy because that lady doing it tonight sure didn't seem to really be doing anything, and then someone told me it is only those with fanclub GA's getting inside.

I was in the regular line and got into the bomb shelter. It is random. You can get into the ellipse no matter what line you're in.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
:huh:

They spelled "ellipse" wrong too.

Thank you!! This has been bugging me!

...but then I just asked my boyfriend who is British and he told me he would spell it "elipse". So now my guess is that is a UK spelling.

Still weird to see. :p

edit 2- well I looked for 'elipse' online and can't find that come up as a recognized spelling. I still stick by the double l.

Last edited:
sdtrish said:
It sounds like U2.com is saying that U2.com paid members will get into the ellipse for any show that did not have a presale. The question is, which shows didnt have presales?
For one, May 28th and I'll be there with my GA tics.

I tried emailing u2.com (to suggest that they clarify this) via their "contact us" link, but it keeps telling me it "couldn't insert the info." How wonderful that the method of contacting them that they themselves set up doesn't even work.:|

kellybelly said:
What time did people start lining up in Anaheim yesterday?

I got there at 9:30 and was 123.

Didn't get into the ellipse though, and even though I'm a U2.com member, didn't get into that particular line.

Didn't matter though -- was three people back on Edge's side and Bono sang to us half the night!

Any clarification from U2.com yet? They werent checking the presale line in San Diego for membership or for pre-sale ticket codes (WFAN) at all.

It really didn't matter what line you where in. If you got there early it just meant you got into the venue faster (buy not much) and you got a great view from the rail either in the bomb shelter thingy (which I didn't) or the rail outside. The only thing that bothered me was that it wasn't that full inside the shelter. That really sucks when your at the front of the rail and thinkging " that should have been us in there!!" but besides that everything was great!! and yes it is totally RANDOM!! I guess they pretty much know which tickets will get in.

really, just try asking any of the rent-a-people at the venue about the "ellipse" that was really fun. Also, anybody with a GA tkt you can only get in through the GA lines, you can't go to other doors, so they say, which is probably the usual clueless answers. Because I don't see what difference it would matter, you just go up to the GA desk, get your wrist band, and the extremely bored lady does something and just stares at you. I had to ask over and over, where do you get it scanned. Then I didn't even know she did it, because she said not one word. I had to ask her 3x if I get into it. I think they are temps from some temp agency doing all the wrist bands, the scanning, etc.

You could go through any door imo and then walk up to the desk and get your wrist band once inside. The only reason to stand/sit in those GA only lines is if you are set on being first at the outside railing or close. But the venue rent-a-people say "you can only go through that one door."

So it's not just u2.com fanclub member tickets, even the GA's from regular TM and the box office got in? The people get really excited, it was fun to watch. I think it's perfect that every fan has a chance. It's a lottery, and its fun to think that your tkt may get you in there, and they had so much fun in there last nite, just watching them was fun, dancing, jumping up and down. What VIPs were there, any celebrities?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom