A U2 assignment!!! HELP ME!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arw

Blue Crack Addict
Alright everyone...I have an assignment for you. Think about it carefully before you answer....

To make a long story short, or maybe long.. I tend to ramble on....I have a temp job that I am leaving next week. I have been there for a year and there's no positions open for me to apply for full time so it's time to go because it's completely a dead end situation. I have worked with a lot of great people that I want to stay in touch with or at least say goodbye to and thank everyone for being my friend over the last year and putting up with my crap.

Everyone there knows about my "little" obsession with U2. My CD player is blasting from the time I get there until the time I leave everyday. U2 is basically all I ever listen to...I can't help it, I've only been a fan for 3 years, dammit! (don't ask...) There's a lot of catching up to do.....anyways in my goodbye email I would like to close with a few lines from a U2 song. What song? Beats the hell out of me. That's what the assignment is.

I thought about using:

****Tonight the moon is a mirrorball
****Light flickers from across the hall
****Who'll catch the star when it falls

because there's someting about those lines that I just love. So poetic. Maybe just because its rhymes. Who knows......But I don't think it's fitting. Or is it? I kind of want it to be something that leaves everyone going like this.....:hmm:

The lines you come up with doesn't have to be anything that even has to do with saying goodbye. It can be just as goofy as my wanting to use some lines from If You Wear the Velvet Dress.

So think about it. What lines would you use? :eyebrow:

I never miss a chance to take any lyric out of context and apply it to anything!

I have in the past used this for a nice inspirational closer:
It's not why you're running
It's where you're going
It's not what you're dreaming
But what you're gonna do

It's not where you're born
It's where you belong
It's not how weak
But what will make you strong

This would be kinda funny:
I see you dressed in black
I guess I'm not coming back

This is says leaving something good for something good and not fully regretting:
And you know it's time to go
through the sleet and driving snow
across the fields of mourning to a
light that's in the distance

I know how hard it is to leave a postition you've been in for a year- I just did it! And I HATE change and I survived, so I'm sure you'll be fine, and find something you'll love just as much. Good luck!

well if you wanted it good bye related some lines from Kite would work well. And for lyrics that I like that have absolutely nothing to do with anything:

I must be an acrobat to talk like this but act like that

You ask me to enter but then you make me crawl, and I can't be holding on to what you've got, when all you've got is hurt.

the whole bridge to Ultraviolet

you're in my mind all of the time, I know that's not enough

.....I'm really tired I can't really think of much right now.....

For the sake of total randomness and silliness: I know a boy a boy called trampoline, you know what i mean

Here's a couple more thoughts:

And I have no compass
And I have no map
And I have no reasons
No reasons to get back

Or

I'm dreaming
Your awake
If I were sleeping
What's at stake
A day without me

Just a couple of personal favorites. Good luck in your transition. I'ts not always easy, but can be exciting - who knows what lays ahead for you?!

some good suggestions so far. how about

'cya later alligator...
...in a while crocodile'

that the best i can come up with while drunk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom