A Moment of Silence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
A moment of silence please for my Joshua Tree tape. It was brand new when my mother got it and she gave it to me....it has finally become so scratchy to the point that I must send it to tape heaven. I'm very sad...it's had a lovely 14 years with me and now I have to say goodbye. I have the CD and all, but it's just not 'even better than the real thing'....this tape has served me well....

:sad:

Last edited:
tombstone.gif

That happened with my Zooropa CD. (only I didn't have it that long) I didn't replace it for a long time. I haven't been able to stop playing it since I replaced it. Simply love it :heart:

Last edited:
soy triste! :sad: im sorry about your loss...your loss is our loss, and for that i weep. may the glory of your joshua tree tape ascend and take its place with all the other satellites, i mean, cassette tapes :wink:

Last edited:
Give me a heartattack....I thought that something happened. I thought that they lost the album again or someone was hurt. *knock on wood*

:sad: I'm so sorry stars. You should put it a keepsake box or something. Don't throw it away, that would be really sad.

clementine_rose said:

:sad: I'm so sorry stars. You should put it a keepsake box or something. Don't throw it away, that would be really sad.

I'm thinking I should...I went to throw it away in the trash, with the liner notes in the case--worn with time,loving handling and many happy memories attached....I couldn't do it.

Am I over-sentimental or what....:huh:

Cripes, Stars! You had me scared there!

Sorry about your loss. A first edition tape is sacred. Wrap it in tissue, coiling the tape ribbon into a ceremonial design, and put it in a shoebox.

I warped out the A-Side of my origional War tape from '83 by 1987, from overuse, but the B Side still works just fine (all hail the full-length play on both sides!) . "40" on Side B is starting to go too, so now I conserve it, listening to tapes only once a month or so. A tape has a diff sound from a Cd and once in a while I go back for nostalgias' sake.

Believe it or not, I have a cassette of ATYCLB, for this reason, and actually listenend to it along with the CD, but it conked out on me 6 months ago. Oh well...

My UF tape is fine. I lost my origional Boy (well, I bought Boy 1n 1983, soit isn't "origional"!) and JT are fine.

I can't understand why my JT still works perfectly. WHY ISN'T IT DEAD??!!??!It's an original 1987 copy, bought the very day it came out. I remember walking a mile off campus to the nearest record store for it when I missed the bus. Weird to hear U2 blasting out of every other dorm window. I can still close my eyes and hear it. Suddenly your best-kept secret is everywhere...

I kindly lent out my St Patrick's Day in Boston 1992 bootleg to someone on Prop, who never sent it back. So much for my lending out shows to copy. Needless to say, my Orpheum Theater in Boston 1983 show is not going ANYWHERE.

Studio albums can be easily replaced. Beloved bootlegs you got in the mail from small companies that no longer exist, cannot. I can prob get this stuff online but no nostalgia value!

On a side note: those with origional Star Wars Trilogy videocasettes, keep them whatefver you do. George Lucas is an absolute idiot when it coes to appreciating his work as film history, however else a great artist he is. He refuses to see the worth of the orgionals as "rough drafts." The technology sgould be made to put as many copies of the orgionals we have onto blank DVD's as possible...

Last edited:
My first Cd ever was Achtung baby and it is absolutely sacred to me and it has so many scratches on it I can't believe it even plays anymore. Don't throw it away I'm betting you will regret it.

Hey Stars, I feel the tape love. I've got an entire box of tapes, mostly my own mix tapes. I need them b/c I bike w/ a walkman. Although, when I moved into my house and cleaned out the basement, I found a jogproof discman so maybe my tapes will finally retire......probably not!

drivemytrabant said:
My first Cd ever was Achtung baby and it is absolutely sacred to me and it has so many scratches on it I can't believe it even plays anymore. Don't throw it away I'm betting you will regret it.

same here - I love that CD
I just downloaded a copy from itunes - i can't part with the original CD (mind has the cardbord-like cover with it...)

Time to buy the CD, Stars. You know an album is a classic when you buy it over and over, CDs like "Achtung Baby" and "Bobby Marley's Legend" I've bought a couple times, I've played them so much everywhere they get so scratched up.

when my u2 cds decide its time to join the sattelites i just cant part with them.
so you know what theyre really good for?
coasters!! :hyper:
I almost killed my BF when he went to throw away my AB cd that died on me.
(it was so emotional, there were too many scratches and i tried fixing them with a lighter:eyebrow: ....didnt turn out so good. I ran crying into his work "I killed my achtung baby with my lighter!!!!" lol. )
He went to toss it to make me shut up and stop crying and i tackled him.
wherever it goes it is NOT in the trash:grumpy:
some people just dont understand

RIP to your JT Tape.

I myself am on my second Joshua Tree cd. But it's not because I loved it too much. I actally left it in my houserobe pocket and it got cracked in the washing machine. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom