4 achtung songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earthshell

The Fly
I was at Chicago 2 and I thought it was pretty sweet that they played 4 Achtung songs in a row. It was kinda like MTV's Unplugged haha. Did U2 ever do something for that or were they like against the idea? I love Achtung Baby it's one of my favorite albums. The Fly kicked ass in Chicago and so did mysterious ways. I was kinda mad when chicago 4 got until the end of the world and with or without you but we got Party Girl! woot

i duno what the overall point of this is but no U2 havent done mtv unplugged....

u2 refused to do MTV unplugged. They did however do the acoustic set for many tours, which was reputedly so they could do a similar thing to Unplugged. They were the biggest band to shun it as well.

Yeah. One time they played eight Achtung Baby songs in a row. It was called Zoo TV.

they shunned it because it sucked. on elevation tour desire and ground beneath her feet brought the shows to a stansstill

bray said:
they shunned it because it sucked. on elevation tour desire and ground beneath her feet brought the shows to a stansstill

No they didn't.

Desire was a HUGE singalong and was far from an "acoustic" performance--the electric guitar being the biggest indicator. It was just stripped down to bare bones.

The Ground Beneath Her Feet was gorgeous; they should have played it more.

Although i was glad to hear ground beneath her feet played live at the astoria in 2001, I'd rather have something else instead now.

Back
Top Bottom