3rd single from NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This doesn't really sound official, but whatever.

They'd have better chart success with an extended edit of one of their jam sessions from Passengers or a version of Endless Deep at half speed.

I just got this in an email from @U2: (or am I lame and we already knew this?)

U2 has kinda-sorta released "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy
Tonight" to U.S. radio. On Friday, they sent radio stations two
remixes of the song -- a club mix and a radio mix, both by Dirty
South.

uh.....have you heard the Magnificent remixes....or the GOYB Justice remix? i believe those are the best U2 remixes i've heard since the Discotheque remixes.

as far as Elevation, i would say it's a better song than Crazy and SUC, and about the same level as Breathe.

yeah i like the Fred Falke and the Dave Aude remixes of Magnificent, but thought the Pete Tong remix was just atrocious... but then i love Magnificent anyway - it's my fave on the album... although, by comparison with earlier U2 remixes (well mostly from the 90s), i don't think these new ones are as interesting...

i thought the Justice remix of GOYB was pretty interesting, but hated the Crookers remix... but then i don't think GOYB is any good either lmfao

i used to love U2's remixes (also love the New York Nice & Nasty remixes off ATYCLB), but i kind of lost interest since HTDAAB (apart from Killahurtz Casa des Angeles remix of Original which i adore and play more than the original Original hehe, but don't think that was an official one was it?)...

I just got this in an email from @U2: (or am I lame and we already knew this?)

U2 has kinda-sorta released "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy
Tonight" to U.S. radio. On Friday, they sent radio stations two
remixes of the song -- a club mix and a radio mix, both by Dirty
South.

So, if what we heard is the club mix... then what's the radio mix?

To me, this all sounds like "Let's make up for Magnificent not charting well by releasing the worst song on the album as a single."

...Then again, SYCMIOYO did alright on the charts, didn't it?

To me, this all sounds like "Let's make up for Magnificent not charting well by releasing the worst song on the album as a single."

...Then again, SYCMIOYO did alright on the charts, didn't it?

If Magnificent failed on the charts, then there's no chance of any other song doing any better, if we're frank about it.

The chart climate and the general mainstream is just not that very orientated towards U2 it seems. That's a shame, but that seems to be what's happening.

The only U2 I've heard on Aussie radio in the past few months have been the older "classic" (Vertigo, One, ISHFWILF). The stations don't wanna play the new songs.

Yeah, U2 are not going to be doing well on the singles charts no matter what they do at this point. Their only change was for the lead single... this isn't 1991, when the album can take off with the second and third singles. I like Krazy Tonite, but releasing the most poppy song on the album isn't going to help the album one iota.

If Magnificent failed on the charts, then there's no chance of any other song doing any better, if we're frank about it.

Uh, yes there is. Magnificent had NO promotion and it was released WAY too late. The song failing the charts has nothing to do with the song itself in this case. Boots failed badly too because of a lack of promotion and no video for weeks.

U2's marketing this album SUCKS.

If they get the promotion right this time, stop cutting their good songs to shreds and get a decent video out in time, CT has a great chance of doing it well in the mainstream.

I think in hindsight doing the Letterman show 5x over was probably a mistake. They expended a fair amount of marketing capital in doing those nights. However, it was to the same demographic each night. And to compound, that's a demographic that perhaps are more into greatest hits than new material. Same reason as why 'adult' oriented FM radio stations are only interested in greatest hits.

I seem to recall reading something, an interview with the band perhaps, stating that they purposefully would be doing less promotion for future releases, in terms of touring and other kinds of promotion.

Now, we know they're touring less this time around, so maybe this is the new U2, less concerned with charting, pushing sales.

I just saw this on U2.com
U2's new single, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, will be released on August 17th by Mercury.

This is the third single from No Line On The Horizon which debuted at No.1 in 28 countries when it was released in March.

The talented Irish animation film-maker David O'Reilly has been commissioned to create a video for I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight. David O'Reilly won the 2009 Golden Bear at Berlinale for his animated short film Please Say Something.

Hm August, not that bad. At least it's not another four months away.

I'm glad this song is picked as a single, anyway. :) It's still my favourite! I wonder what they're gonna do with the video. :hmm:

Not a fan of Crazy, I just think it doesn't represent the album at all. Magnificent was the best choice for a single, I don't see Crazy doing well on the charts, but U2 will be touring by that time, so who knows.

Hm August, not that bad. At least it's not another four months away.

I'm glad this song is picked as a single, anyway. :) It's still my favourite! I wonder what they're gonna do with the video. :hmm:

Looks like animation (HMTMKMKM, anyone?) considering they hired "The talented Irish animation film-maker David O'Reilly".

SEE! SYCMIOYO is my 5th favourite U2 song eva but I don't like Crazy Tonight. This is getting embarasing, this band completely showing us up in public like this. It is so rude.

I'm getting back into dance music. When I look through my record collection I never realized that I had quite a collection of dance music. I think Paul Oakenfold's remixes (known as Perfecto) are cool. I reckon they should get DJ'S like Norman Cook, Ferry Corsten, DJ Sammy or Basement Jaxx to do some remixes.

Or maybe something like OOTS video ? :shrug:

One of my favourite u2 videos :yes:

SEE! SYCMIOYO is my 5th favourite U2 song eva but I don't like Crazy Tonight. This is getting embarasing, this band completely showing us up in public like this. It is so rude.

Um, ok. Yes, U2 is such an embarrassment :scream: You're right to leave.

Bye. We'll miss you :wave:

I think it should be mandatory for Interferencers to post their pic (or close facsimile) if they're going to post completely outlandish shit with no basis in fact or even subjective opinion.

For the virtual pie throwing, don't you see.

:wink:

Crazy Tonight could literally "save" this album, how crazy would that be? I like the song alright, but its not my favorite on the album. Of all the songs on NLOTH, Crazy Tonight is the most "radio friendly" i think.

I think in hindsight doing the Letterman show 5x over was probably a mistake. They expended a fair amount of marketing capital in doing those nights. However, it was to the same demographic each night. And to compound, that's a demographic that perhaps are more into greatest hits than new material. Same reason as why 'adult' oriented FM radio stations are only interested in greatest hits.

I agree with this theory. I sort of wondered why they didn't do Letterman one night, then hit Leno, and then do the Fordham University gig for GMA, then end up on SNL to wrap up the week. Maybe thats a bit much, but that covers the bases for late night tv. Or you could even substitute one of the older guys like Letterman for Jimmy Kimmel, Conan, or Jimmy Fallon.

I still think its a possibility this fall when the tour comes to north america that they still do SNL.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom