2017 Joshua Tree Tour: Ticket Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's really bullshit TM apparently held back on the GAs the first hour or so of many shows to sell the crappier seats. It reminds of of the issues with the Vertigo tours first leg ticket sales when they only offered the back quarter of arenas (which were the highest priced tickets) during the presales then selling the very best seats closer to the show dates. U2.com subscribers pitched such a fuss about it, that when they had presales for the final leg of the tour, they offered U2.com members the absolute best seats first for those shows.

Got 4 GAs for Levi's...

Still hate TM from the depth of my heart. Lost 90 minutes of my life proving that I'm not a robot.

It's really bullshit TM apparently held back on the GAs the first hour or so of many shows to sell the crappier seats. It reminds of of the issues with the Vertigo tours first leg ticket sales when they only offered the back quarter of arenas (which were the highest priced tickets) during the presales then selling the very best seats closer to the show dates. U2.com subscribers pitched such a fuss about it, that when they had presales for the final leg of the tour, they offered U2.com members the absolute best seats first for those shows.

Larry even commented about it on national tv, if I recall correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Agreed with bono212. Way too stressful of a process. The funny thing is, I had 9-10 open today, came up empty, then had meetings from 10-11:30, had already pretty much given up on the process, and then said I'll check one more time. And boom, there they were.

and as another notes, i started right at 9 in Toronto. got a few horrible tickets in the first few minutes. then got the dreaded try again on and off for about 2 hours or so. then at just 11:30, pulled GA's along with several others from Toronto. perhaps that is the thing, let the bots suck up the crappy seats first???

Had the same experience as you and was just about to give up on GAs when I started looking at other venues and pulled up 2 GAs for Cleveland (and bought them)...then thought to check back at Toronto and BAM! - 2 GAs for TO.

Was a very stressful first few hours though, started right at 9am too.

Whew...just barely made it out of there alive! :hyper:

Be careful going there in May. It can be very hot, over 100 degrees, and there is no cell service. If you go, make sure your car is in top shape and bring all the water. It's off season so if your car breaks down, it can be a very long time before you see someone else drive up.

Also, it's about a 3 hour drive from LA up to Death Valley, so keep that in mind.
Zabriskie is worth it, as is Death Valley NP, but I always make it an overnight from LA.

Good to know on the seasonality! Thx! For the environment, we do stay very careful. We had several hikers die last year here in phx, going up camelback mtn. Not something to mess with, for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using U2 Interference mobile app

fan club does offer good seats if you're willing to spend big

After several frustrating attempts yesterday, I was able to buy a ticket for the June 14 show in Tampa, Florida. I can't do GA because I'm a very small person and I would get trampled. So I tried to buy a seat on Level 1. The website kept saying it was unable to comply with my request, and I couldn't figure out why. Finally I just asked it to show me the best seat currently available, and it offered exactly the location I wanted: Level 1, right in front of the stage. Then I realized why it didn't show me this before: The price on this seat was $280. In my search parameters, I had indicated that $100 was the most I was willing to pay. (I'm on a very tight budget and am lucky to be able to go to a concert at all; I just can't afford premium seats and VIP packages.) But after a couple more tries, it did offer me a seat on Level 2 that wasn't as close as I wished, but seemed to have a pretty good line of sight. I decided this might be the best I could get for 100 bucks, so I accepted it. And I always bring my little binoculars to the show, so I think it'll be okay. Looking forward to it!
My biggest concern now is getting to Tampa. I live in extreme north Georgia, almost to the North Carolina border, so Tampa is about a 10-hour drive for me (can't afford to fly). But I know the journey will be worth it. Once you're at the venue and U2 is performing, you forget about all the hassles you went through to get there.

Larry even commented about it on national tv, if I recall correctly.

I even still have that email...

Dear MASSU2

This is not something that I would normally do, but I feel that I have
to do something to redress this situation.

There was a mess up in the way the tickets were distributed through
U2.com for the Vertigo pre-sale. Some of it was beyond our control, but
some of it wasn't.

I am now in the process of figuring out a way of distributing the
tickets for our intended return to North America in the fall. The only
fair way of doing this, is to give U2 Propaganda members, who are now
U2.com members, priority in the queue.

After that, people will be given priority in the order in which they joined.
Many people who joined U2.com and didn't get tickets are
understandably angry. They now have the option to get a full refund of
their subscription fee.

The idea that our long-time U2 fans and scalpers competed for U2
tickets through our own website is appalling to me. I want to apologise
to you who have suffered that.

If your U2.com pre-sale experience has left you disappointed, I hope
this will go some way towards reassuring you of our total commitment
to our audience.

Slainte
Larry.

By the way, a note to those so-called U2 fans who are quick to accuse
U2 of unseemly behaviour, I've only got two words for you...

A refund on your U2.Com Subscription - how it works.

If you would like a refund on your U2.Com subscription because you have not
been able to purchase tickets with your unique code for the Spring and
Summer legs of Vertigo 2005 Tour, please complete the fields below.

The refund window is open for two weeks from today - February 2nd to
February 16th.

- I am a U2.Com Subscriber who has not been able to secure tickets for the
Spring and Summer legs of 'Vertigo 2005'.

- I further agree that I am in compliance in that I have not used my access
code to purchase tickets.

- I understand that by submitting this form for a refund that I agree to
have my account privileges, including e-mail, completely disabled.

- I understand that refunds may take as long as 3 weeks to post to my
credit card.

The U2.Com Team

Please click below for information on a refund.
http://www.u2.com/refund.php

Agreed with bono212. Way too stressful of a process. The funny thing is, I had 9-10 open today, came up empty, then had meetings from 10-11:30, had already pretty much given up on the process, and then said I'll check one more time. And boom, there they were.

Haha, almost exactly the same story for me.

Just got 2 GA for Santa Clara. Surprisingly easy. Desktop site. I dropped the fan club a few years ago, so I just clicked the add $50 for a sub, chose 2 GA, and boom.

For those using the App, this option doesn't come up, so you need to use the desktop site.

Just got 2 GA for Santa Clara. Surprisingly easy. Desktop site. I dropped the fan club a few years ago, so I just clicked the add $50 for a sub, chose 2 GA, and boom.

For those using the App, this option doesn't come up, so you need to use the desktop site.

Holy shit it's brooklynmike.

It's really bullshit TM apparently held back on the GAs the first hour or so of many shows to sell the crappier seats.

This also happened for the Barcelona sale. GA's went away very fast. It left me frustrated. I just only want GA, so I thought that's it, no tickets. ~1 hour later many GA's popped up again!! That's no good practice (but it made me happy!)
I also don't like the idea that people who did not extend membership in time and one month ago joined have the same chance as people who join a membership together with buying tickets...doesn't feel right.

Last edited:
Be careful going there in May. It can be very hot, over 100 degrees, and there is no cell service. If you go, make sure your car is in top shape and bring all the water. It's off season so if your car breaks down, it can be a very long time before you see someone else drive up.

Also, it's about a 3 hour drive from LA up to Death Valley, so keep that in mind.
Zabriskie is worth it, as is Death Valley NP, but I always make it an overnight from LA.

Any "Can't miss" locations in DVNP? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thx!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using U2 Interference mobile app

There shouldn't be a limit to pre sales i dont think, if you have a code and are a member then you should be guaranteed 4 tickets. Its not as if the membership is gonna sell out the tickets

I cannot agree more! Just open all seats/standings for presae before general public sale. Then all paying/dedicated fans get the tickets they want. What's wrong with that?

Just got 2 GAs for Chicago with Wires presale code. They are dropping throughout the day, apparently. Check again now if you were shut out before!

Sorry guys for troubles you have experience. It is really incredible. But what is strange that in Europe we have no problems - and yes also Ticktemaster. Berlin, Dublin, Rome... Few seconds and you get tickets.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I have been trying for at least an hour to get GA tickets for Amsterdam but no luck! :angry:

I have been trying for at least an hour to get GA tickets for Amsterdam but no luck! :angry:

IN Amsterdam it is also demand. On every previous tour I attended, tickets went away in minutes. I remember the sale for soe-tour. At the moment I got through (general pulic sale), the 4 shows were sold out...

Just got 2 GAs for Chicago with Wires presale code. They are dropping throughout the day, apparently. Check again now if you were shut out before!

Yes, I logged in right at 9 AM with the phone app and lap top and couldn't even get a single GA for Seattle for 30 minutes. I tried three hours later (noon) and pulled a single GA! So yes, it appears they are rolling them out throughout the day

This presale blows. I've been trying since morning to get seats and am not having luck despite willing to pay top dollar.

I don't want to do GA because I am planning on taking my 7 year old daughter to her first U2 experience and doing GA with a 7 year old is not going to happen so I opted for seats.

I've been constantly choosing the $155 or $280 seats and tickmaster never shows them to me. all they keep showing me are GA tickets.

Where are all expensive seats? They can't be all gone

had no luck getting any GAs in the Wires presale for Seattle. people are saying more are released later, but if i've already used my code...am I screwed for getting any more today?

Yeah, I couldn't get any GAs for Seattle either as a Wires right at 9 AM but pulled one at about noon using the app. So, I would keep trying (if you haven't used your four ticket allotment that is).

Last edited:
How easy do you think it will be to buy GA tickets for Toronto during the general/public sale? Right now Ticketmaster Canada has opened the option for anyone to buy pre-sale tickets so long as they tack on a U2.com subscription for $50 at checkout. Buy my GA ticket right now hassle free for $137 (includes U2.com sub) or wait and try and snag one on Tuesday for $87 potentially dealing with crashed servers, slow website, blablabla. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Surely the presale numbers wouldn't cause GA to sell out though

It just means the pre sale is sold out not the actual ga tickets. For some reason numbers are limited for a pre sale

Hey U2. Why not go have a look at stubhub and see the listings of people selling tickets on giftcards with instructions to use them.

So much for you managing to stick it to the scalpers with CC only.

there are many like this for Toronto. total fucking bullshit!

honestly, i don't know why the hell i don't do the shit that scalpers do so that i can get unlimited tix for my friends...

Thats because Ticketmaster opened the floodgates and anyone willing to spend an extra $50 right now can buy tickets (Toronto). And it sucks that CC entry doesn't seem to be deterring scalpers.

Back
Top Bottom