2017 Joshua Tree Tour: Ticket Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Freaking great. There was no mention that RZ could be bought today with a wires code. Toronto RZ seems to be sold out. :doh:

Anyone know if traditionally more seats are released in the following sale(s)??

I tried right at 9am for the Toronto show and it was saying Red Zone solodout..lol

Thats the same for every gig,inside or outside. 80% of gigs are standing

I'm genuinely curious how large the Tree-stage will be and if it's going to serve as the defacto break/barrier I the sea of fans.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Freaking great. There was no mention that RZ could be bought today with a wires code. Toronto RZ seems to be sold out. :doh:

Anyone know if traditionally more seats are released in the following sale(s)??

Usually they only release a percentage for each presale and also hold some back for general sale.
So its likely there will be some RZ tomorrow, but possibly in smaller quantities than today.

YMMV

So if you're in Wires you can buy tickets today? Is that intentional or are they going to cancel the orders after the fact because it wasn't intended??

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Well, I'm somewhat encouraged that some folks here are posting tickets for GA at $100, all-in, or $70 plus fees.

But I was alarmed when I saw this on the ticketmaster website:

FLOOR SEATS
US $100.00
US $100.00
Additional fees are applied at Checkout. Prices subject to change.

That sure made it seem like tickets are $100 plus fees.

I still think $100 out the door is a bit much for a stadium GA. I do see a big distinction in the experience and risk (of a lackluster view/not worth the price) between GA football stadium and GA in a basketball arena.
Don't know what city you're looking at and where you are getting your info from, but the face value of all the US GA tix for these shows is $70.00 (in Foxboro for example its listed as $75, but that's actually a $5 facility fee tacked on, all prices in Foxboro are $5 higher than other cities ie $285 vs $280 for top priced lowers)

Anything above the $70 is Ticketmaster fees and other fees. So most tix are costing high 80's to low 90's after fees. Fees aren't the band's fault and don't go the band, and you can theoretically buy tix at the box office and avoid them.

If you think $70 to be on the field for U2 is high, honestly you are out of touch with concert pricing. Its an absolute bargain. There are folks further ways paying $280.00 face before fees. Sure for GA you don't have a chair, but its the closest you can get to the stage. You aren't forced to stand 100 yards away at the opposite end zone, there will be plenty of open space just a short distance from the B stage.

I could see someone complaining about some of the seat prices, but complaining about $70 for field is just rigoddamndiculous.

Don't know what city you're looking at and where you are getting your info from, but the face value of all the US GA tix for these shows is $70.00 (in Foxboro for example its listed as $75, but that's actually a $5 facility fee tacked on, all prices in Foxboro are $5 higher than other cities ie $285 vs $280 for top priced lowers)

Anything above the $70 is Ticketmaster fees and other fees. So most tix are costing high 80's to low 90's after fees. Fees aren't the band's fault and don't go the band, and you can theoretically buy tix at the box office and avoid them.

If you think $70 to be on the field for U2 is high, honestly you are out of touch with concert pricing. Its an absolute bargain. There are folks further ways paying $280.00 face before fees. Sure for GA you don't have a chair, but its the closest you can get to the stage. You aren't forced to stand 100 yards away at the opposite end zone, there will be plenty of open space just a short distance from the B stage.

I could see someone complaining about some of the seat prices, but complaining about $70 for field is just rigoddamndiculous.

Well, again, $70 (plus fees) to see U2 isn't bad at all. I've paid $250 for red zone. I've paid $125 for red zone years back. But that amount of money gets you something in return. A reserved seat with clear, pretty close view (from the stands).

GA in a stadium is a bit of a crapshoot as to what you're gonna get. I know this is a bit of flailing against windmills here, but I'd feel it would be a bit fairer if the pricing would account for the inherent risk of GA in a stadium, when the 'product' you get for the money can end up varying so widely. Again, not as much of an issue at all in basketball arenas and smaller venues where the floor space is far smaller.

That's my only point. I'm not getting into how fair or not the prices are relative to other big acts. I personally woudn't pay $450 for GA floor in a stadium to see the Rolling Stones, but your mileage may vary.

As for which stadium the pricing I got was for, it was for the Hard Rock stadium in South Florida.

I just got this email from TM about re- printing tickets for Barcelona red zone- other than what I printed this morning I can't see anything else to print- anyone else had this??

Well, again, $70 (plus fees) to see U2 isn't bad at all. I've paid $250 for red zone. I've paid $125 for red zone years back. But that amount of money gets you something in return. A reserved seat with clear, pretty close view (from the stands).

GA in a stadium is a bit of a crapshoot as to what you're gonna get. I know this is a bit of flailing against windmills here, but I'd feel it would be a bit fairer if the pricing would account for the inherent risk of GA in a stadium, when the 'product' you get for the money can end up varying so widely. Again, not as much of an issue at all in basketball arenas and smaller venues where the floor space is far smaller.

That's my only point. I'm not getting into how fair or not the prices are relative to other big acts. I personally woudn't pay $450 for GA floor in a stadium to see the Rolling Stones, but your mileage may vary.

As for which stadium the pricing I got was for, it was for the Hard Rock stadium in South Florida.

I think what people are trying to convey, is that U2 prices their GA lower than most other acts of their calibre. If you think that is too expensive for your taste, fine, but to say U2 are greedy is false. I go to a lot of gigs, and U2's GA prices are cheaper than almost any other Arena/Stadium act I see. They could be charging over $100 before fees for these and they would sell out stupid fast, but they don't. They also make sure to allocate a ton of them in the fanclub presale.

A Coldplay last row field seat is $165 (midfield is $220) in the same stadium that U2 are charging $70 (dc).

A Coldplay last row field seat is $165 (midfield is $220) in the same stadium that U2 are charging $70 (dc).

Exactly. And the $425 Rolling Stone ticket i mentioned wasn't even GA floor. It was a seat. Sometimes in the middle of the football field. Even if you paid $70+ to stand in the way back of a stadium, it beats paying $165+.

I'm in the wires group and this is my first time buying presale, hoping you guys can hep! - looking for Croke Park Tickets

Ticketmaster App
I'm in the Ticketmaster App and all I see is this..

kVhconPkL.jpg

and this...

kVil7mSkW.jpg

I'm worried that I'll get the same tomorrow. Surely it should show a pre-sale page with a box to enter the pre-sale code? If i was in the Red Hill group I would expect to be able to be able buy a ticket today through the app?

2. Buying Tickets Tomorrow (Desktop)
Some Ticketmaster pages seem to have a Presale Sales page with an box for the code.

For the Croke Park Page there doesn't seem to be a code box at all..

kVoN1vTnd.jpg

For those who bought Croke park tickets today.

Is it best to go via u2.com/tours and click the link - is there an auto-populate of the code just by going via U2.com - or is it best to go direct to Ticketmaster and will there be a box to enter the code at the right time?

3. RZ
What do you think the chances are of getting RZ tickets tomorrow AM?

If it's true that Wires people were able to buy RZ tickets today is it likely that they are now all sold out?

Thanks so much!

???

The GA price absolutely accounts for the inherent risk of GA, as you put it.

The seats closest to the stage run $280. GA runs $70, and in most cases, are closer to the action then those seats are. Are there better GA spots than others? Yea, and that's why it's so much cheaper than the seats.

But it's the best deal in the stadium by far, and one of the best deals going as far as stadium sized acts go.

Is it best to go via u2.com/tours and click the link - is there an auto-populate of the code just by going via U2.com - or is it best to go direct to Ticketmaster and will there be a box to enter the code at the right time?

A pop-up box asking you for a code will show up once you click on which ticket/pre-sale you're a part of in the usual menu.

I'm in the wires group and this is my first time buying presale, hoping you guys can hep! - looking for Croke Park Tickets

Ticketmaster App

I'm in the Ticketmaster App and all I see is this..

kVhconPkL.jpg

and this...

kVil7mSkW.jpg

I'm worried that I'll get the same tomorrow. Surely it should show a pre-sale page with a box to enter the pre-sale code? If i was in the Red Hill group I would expect to be able to be able buy a ticket today through the app?

2. Buying Tickets Tomorrow (Desktop)

Some Ticketmaster pages seem to have a Presale Sales page with an box for the code.

For the Croke Park Page there doesn't seem to be a code box at all..

kVoN1vTnd.jpg

For those who bought Croke park tickets today.

3. RZ

What do you think the chances are of getting RZ tickets tomorrow AM?

If it's true that Wires people were able to buy RZ tickets today is it likely that they are now all sold out?

Thanks so much!

I got croke tickets today mate, the u2 link just took you to the same link if you went direct to ticket master. I went on before 9am and there was a countdown then the page just came up.i found it really easy. Good luck

Thanks Trev - the reason I ask is that there's no pop-up box now.

For anyone who has red hill codes how would they buy a ticket tonight?

I got croke tickets today mate, the u2 link just took you to the same link if you went direct to ticket master. I went on before 9am and there was a countdown then the page just came up.i found it really easy. Good luck

That's great - so basically, no benefit to going via U2.com just go direct and pop in your code at the right time?

I guess it's the same for the app too.. just seems odd that it's displaying the way it is, as if i had a red hill code tonight i wouldn't be able to buy. Is it because the pre-sale closes each day at a certain time?

TM is inconsistent, some venues have you add the presale code first, some do it once you have selected the seat section. In either case have the code copied and ready to paste before the sale window opens.

I was one that bought a RZ today with a wires code, as VIP tickets just needed ANY code, not just redhill code. This was for Houston, but other like Toronto said there were NONE even at 9 am sharp. I tried Dallas just minutes after I tried Houston and there were NO RZ in Dallas.

I have no idea if RZ will be available tomorrow, I guess we will try and report back here.

Last edited:
Well done everyone on getting tickets today, good to see that it was fairly painless!

I'll be at my desk first thing tomorrow when tickets go onsale...argh!

Might have to go in late, and pretend I was stuck in traffic. ;)

Stadium seating sucks. Remember that. Worst seat at MSG is closer than the 10th row at stadium in general terms. When you go to see a football game, you can't see the fucking players either. It sucks.

So only downside to GA is if you physically can't do it. And I vote for the don't worry about waiting all day approach, just show up 10 minutes before show and enjoy it. Cheaper. Easier. More fun. Better crowd on floor and when the fight breaks out, you just move a few inches to the left or right.
Have a cry

I think what people are trying to convey, is that U2 prices their GA lower than most other acts of their calibre. If you think that is too expensive for your taste, fine, but to say U2 are greedy is false. I go to a lot of gigs, and U2's GA prices are cheaper than almost any other Arena/Stadium act I see. They could be charging over $100 before fees for these and they would sell out stupid fast, but they don't. They also make sure to allocate a ton of them in the fanclub presale.

Fair enough.

So is Red Zone still GA or is there assigned seats?

It is GA standing room only, but with very limited access....

According to TM website..
Barricaded area immediately adjacent to the Stage
Extremely limited capacity
VIP Entrance to the venue

Usually they only release a percentage for each presale and also hold some back for general sale.
So its likely there will be some RZ tomorrow, but possibly in smaller quantities than today.

YMMV

Thanks, I haven't come across anyone that scored RZ tickets in Toronto nor has anyone posted anything on craigslist. Fingers crossed for tomorrow

This guy is asking 5K for a pair of RZ ticks in Boston: U2 RED ZONE Ticket Package!!! ***HOT***

Back
Top Bottom