2017 Joshua Tree Tour: Ticket Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boston may be moving slower than expected because Gillette Stadium is logistically crappy, that's why I didn't even entertain it.

I remember getting a cheap hotel for 360. Took back roads out of the stadium and was in my room in 20 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Loooong time U2 fan and concert-goer. And I'm pissed.

I'm seeing $100US for GA floor tickets... GENERAL ADMISSION. IN A STADIUM!!!

That's just downright greedy, and all for a tour that's essentially an opportunistic cash grab unapologetically riding nostalgia.

I've paid for GA floor tickets in recent years for U2 arena shows. They were in the $45 range, plus fees, so around $60-$70 out the door. Not thrilled with that, but at least in an arena GA situation the section is small enough that you can work with it, hang back enough and still see the show well enough, find your friends if someone has to go to the bar or the bathroom, etc.

But in a football stadium? Who wants to pay $100 plus fees and not get a guaranteed seat? What if you end up potentially on the 20 or 30 yard line opposite of the stage in the end zone on the other end of the stadium? Is that worth $100 plus fees? Now you're standing, maybe 40 or 50 yards away from the stage, and you have to stand for at least four hours, given the opening act, etc..

They should be charging $50 tops for these tickets. Unbelievable.

Really disappointed in U2. Those $35 nosebleed tickets are small consolation, either. They're just a way to make it seem like they aren't trying to fleece their fans and have 'affordable' prices. Bullshit.

They know full well that GA floor in a stadium is the last/best option for true fans who want to brave the crowd and the elements to see their favorite band. But when you charge those fans premium prices that in most other shows would get you a guaranteed seat for a chance at finding a spot on a football field, and everything that goes along with that, it's just going too far. You're not just asking your fans to battle through the rigors of a stadium GA, you're asking them to pay premium ticket prices for the privilege.

I've seen U2 live at least a dozen times since 1988. Arena shows. Stadium shows. Assigned seating and GA. But the prices for GA on this tour are insulting. Am I the only one outraged by this?
What are you talking about?

GA tickets are $70 plus fees, for around $100 total... not $100 plus fees.

What are you talking about?

GA tickets are $70 plus fees, for around $100 total... not $100 plus fees.

In the recent years that I've bought GA for bigger acts (say, Foo Fighters and such), they always came around to $80+. The $93 I just paid is only a few more dollars than what I paid for the I&E shows in 2015.

Okay....it takes a big man to admit they are wrong....so here goes: I am so sorry LiveNation/Ticketbastard and U2 for having said you sold your soul to those soulless corporate entities, but after 2 hours of "presaling", I finally was able to pull a pair of GA's for Chicago. Again, I apologize for stating a preference for the old Propaganda days where someone actually cared about the fans and I knew I would get good tickets without investing hours of my time to fight through crappy Ticketbastard technology.

Everyone still wanting GA for the Chicago show.. try for it on the Ticketmaster app. I'm still able to pull some up some GA with the Red Hill code I used earlier.

I got a Red zone for Houston venue on presale as VIP as presale was available today with wires presale code. Wires GA group is available tomorrow.
Wish we had known that RZ could be purchased today with Wires presale code...hopefully there will be some left tomorrow...for Gillette. As of now I don't see any.

I still think $100 for GA in a football stadium is steep, even with all the fees included. It tickets were $70 all-in, that'd be a different story. But you may be right. I wasn't clear on whether the $100 price included fees or not.

Boston may be moving slower than expected because Gillette Stadium is logistically crappy, that's why I didn't even entertain it.

Gillette actually had a very tough time selling two 360 shows, so even with the reduced capacity on this tour (no backstage seating), I'll be surprised (pleasantly, though) if they add a second show.

After seeing 360 at Gillette, I'd prefer almost any other venue - but can't do the travel. I'm fortunate that I live south of the stadium, so can park before the stadium and get out without facing the cluster at the stadium parking exit.

I figured I'd wait for a second Chicago show (if I go) before considering that. Eating vs. Red Zone... decisions, decisions! :lol:

Yeah, this was done because I planned on going to all the California shows for a IE, but I figure splurging on one JT show would be about the same price. And I'm a sucker for being close to the band, although I can see the novelty of that wearing out after this.

Gillette actually had a very tough time selling two 360 shows, so even with the reduced capacity on this tour (no backstage seating), I'll be surprised (pleasantly, though) if they add a second show.

After seeing 360 at Gillette, I'd prefer almost any other venue - but can't do the travel. I'm fortunate that I live south of the stadium, so can park before the stadium and get out without facing the cluster at the stadium parking exit.

Very true. They called those shows 'sellouts', but there were plenty of seats open in the upper deck for both. I'll never forget trying to get out of Gillette. It took 2 HOURS to go 5 miles.

Very true. They called those shows 'sellouts', but there were plenty of seats open in the upper deck for both. I'll never forget trying to get out of Gillette. It took 2 HOURS to go 5 miles.
Gillette is the actual worst. And I say this as someone who saw U2 in the old Foxboro Stadium in 1992 and who LOVES the Patriots. Gillette blows.

How hard are GA for NJ to get rid of? I want seats, but am thinking of getting GA while available so I have tickets. I'm having bad flashbacks from the last tour and MSG.

I figured I'd wait for a second Chicago show (if I go) before considering that. Eating vs. Red Zone... decisions, decisions! :lol:

I had Red Zone for I&E Tour. It was nice to be able to get in and get near the front. And it had a few chairs to sit. But for the arena it was a little over kill. There wasn't a bad position on the floor.

I think it'll be well worth in a stadium

I'm convinced that's why the band didn't return to Foxboro on the 2011 leg. Gillette actually emailed a survey to 2009 ticketbuyers, asking if they'd be interested if the band returned. I remember the buzz on here was very negative because of the parking fiasco, and I think lots of survey respondents said they wouldn't go again.

Loooong time U2 fan and concert-goer. And I'm pissed.

I'm seeing $100US for GA floor tickets... GENERAL ADMISSION. IN A STADIUM!!!

That's just downright greedy, and all for a tour that's essentially an opportunistic cash grab unapologetically riding nostalgia.

I've paid for GA floor tickets in recent years for U2 arena shows. They were in the $45 range, plus fees, so around $60-$70 out the door. Not thrilled with that, but at least in an arena GA situation the section is small enough that you can work with it, hang back enough and still see the show well enough, find your friends if someone has to go to the bar or the bathroom, etc.

But in a football stadium? Who wants to pay $100 plus fees and not get a guaranteed seat? What if you end up potentially on the 20 or 30 yard line opposite of the stage in the end zone on the other end of the stadium? Is that worth $100 plus fees? Now you're standing, maybe 40 or 50 yards away from the stage, and you have to stand for at least four hours, given the opening act, etc..

They should be charging $50 tops for these tickets. Unbelievable.

Really disappointed in U2. Those $35 nosebleed tickets are small consolation, either. They're just a way to make it seem like they aren't trying to fleece their fans and have 'affordable' prices. Bullshit.

They know full well that GA floor in a stadium is the last/best option for true fans who want to brave the crowd and the elements to see their favorite band. But when you charge those fans premium prices that in most other shows would get you a guaranteed seat for a chance at finding a spot on a football field, and everything that goes along with that, it's just going too far. You're not just asking your fans to battle through the rigors of a stadium GA, you're asking them to pay premium ticket prices for the privilege.

I've seen U2 live at least a dozen times since 1988. Arena shows. Stadium shows. Assigned seating and GA. But the prices for GA on this tour are insulting. Am I the only one outraged by this?

On the last tour I paid $87 after fees for a GA. They were $65 before fees.

This tour I paid $84. Compared to most acts, this is a steal. Most stadium acts don't even do GA floors because they can charge ridiculous amounts for seated floors, so I'm forever grateful that U2 looks after their fans this way.

easiest presale I've had for U2, including propaganda days.

4 GA Pitch 2 for Croker show
1 GA Red Zone for Vancouver
1 GA Chicago ( bought 2 hours after the onsale time)
2 GA for FedEx (bought 3 hours after the onsale time)

Back
Top Bottom