2015 U2 Tour News - delivered to Interference.com first and exclusively

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of you have actually been saving up for tickets/travel for this tour. It isn't going to be cheap for those wanting to see multiple shows in multiple cities this time.

I've got the money stashed away to get me down the front for a single date wherever they play in the UK on a Saturday or Sunday

I must admit I now have my doubts about the Monday tour announcement rumour/speculation. You'd think there would have been some advance hints - a vague U2.com email, a radio station priming listeners for a "big" announcement, a ticket seller encouraging people to subscribe to their mailing list ahead of a major reveal, etc.

Then again, if U2.com had sent around a vague email telling us to keep an eye on the website on Monday, it would've probably turned out to be a special subscriber download of Band Aid 30 (Extended Dance Remix).

Fallon is a golden opportunity to promote the tour though, so surely they won't waste this chanc- oh wait.

I must admit I now have my doubts about the Monday tour announcement rumour/speculation. You'd think there would have been some advance hints - a vague U2.com email, a radio station priming listeners for a "big" announcement, a ticket seller encouraging people to subscribe to their mailing list ahead of a major reveal, etc.

Then again, if U2.com had sent around a vague email telling us to keep an eye on the website on Monday, it would've probably turned out to be a special subscriber download of Band Aid 30 (Extended Dance Remix).

Fallon is a golden opportunity to promote the album though, so surely they won't waste this chanc- oh wait.

I am also concerned by the lack of hype. I was hoping for tomorrow because they'd need to announce then if they wanted things on sale before U.S. Thanksgiving, but also thought that there was a possibility they might wait until the last day on Friday after people got to see them all week, if they weren't going to put tix on sale until the first week of December...

I am also concerned by the lack of hype. I was hoping for tomorrow because they'd need to announce then if they wanted things on sale before U.S. Thanksgiving, but also thought that there was a possibility they might wait until the last day on Friday after people got to see them all week, if they weren't going to put tix on sale until the first week of December...

Yeah Friday's a reasonable alternative possibility. I'll be genuinely surprised if we get through the whole week without a tour announcement. Everything's gearing up towards something. If we get through Friday's show and there's still nothing... I don't know what to think.

I see you're an old hand at this game, sir.

Old and cynical hand, absolutely. Especially when it comes to U2.com. When I can do better on U2gigs despite having precisely zero resources or connections, I figure the cynicism is warranted.

Maybe they're going to put the tour announcement in everyone's email inbox.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So I'm guessing a tour announcement won't happen for a bit now?

I hope that's not the case. I know they probably wanted to hype/promote it on the Tonight Show, but it's not like they need that boost to sell tickets.

Unless the surgery will be more serious than they're letting on and it might put the whole tour timeframe at risk, but that's way too big of an assumption to be making now.

It's just his arm. I'm sure the tour won't be effected. Only reason they aren't doing Fallon in a cast is the timeframe. Venues relying on the announcement. They'll sell out Fallon or no Fallon.

Almost inconceivable that the tour itself would be affected.

However, if they can reschedule the residency promptly and want to promote ticket sales at the same time, then I can see a tour announcement being pushed back. For example if they can do the residency in a couple of weeks, I doubt it would be a big deal to shunt back the announcement to then either. But if they've got to wait a couple of months to reschedule, then I imagine the tour announcement will drop sooner.

Almost inconceivable that the tour itself would be affected.

However, if they can reschedule the residency promptly and want to promote ticket sales at the same time, then I can see a tour announcement being pushed back. For example if they can do the residency in a couple of weeks, I doubt it would be a big deal to shunt back the announcement to then either. But if they've got to wait a couple of months to reschedule, then I imagine the tour announcement will drop sooner.

If they were announcing on Friday and then having sales the first week of December, it's conceivable they would still announce the tour as scheduled, and the band could do Fallon the first week of December and still have the residency promote the tour.

If they were announcing on Friday and then having sales the first week of December, it's conceivable they would still announce the tour as scheduled, and the band could do Fallon the first week of December and still have the residency promote the tour.

Makes sense.

Do we know how far into the future Fallon's got guests booked?

Here's a great website to keep checking on for Late Night TV listings.
The Late Night TV Page - Talk Show Guest Listings

I think chance of them doing a full week on Fallon is almost 0%.

Holidays are upon us. Shows take pretty large breaks and play reruns, and when they aren't, they have a lot of pre-planned holiday stuff happening.

And remember, U2 may well have had other U.S. promo engagements lined up after Fallon, which now may or may not happen.

I think, the tour will obviously be fine, but the album and any future singles are probably now officially toast.

This was a long time for them to wait and do any U.S. promotion as it was. Now, the one shot of having EBW get a big introduction, and get people interested, is gone.

My guess is that SOI will go down in history the same way POP did. A true gem that is appreciated by fans, and may be appreciated critically a decade from now. But now is not its time.

I understand he had surgery, but you would think that tonight they could have adjusted the format on Fallon. Done an interview and acoustic number sitting on the couch. Made fun of him falling off the bike. And then as the week went on, he would be ready to rock.

Ugh. just sucks. I was really looking forward to it.

I think chance of them doing a full week on Fallon is almost 0%.

Holidays are upon us. Shows take pretty large breaks and play reruns, and when they aren't, they have a lot of pre-planned holiday stuff happening.

And remember, U2 may well have had other U.S. promo engagements lined up after Fallon, which now may or may not happen.

I think, the tour will obviously be fine, but the album and any future singles are probably now officially toast.

This was a long time for them to wait and do any U.S. promotion as it was. Now, the one shot of having EBW get a big introduction, and get people interested, is gone.

My guess is that SOI will go down in history the same way POP did. A true gem that is appreciated by fans, and may be appreciated critically a decade from now. But now is not its time.

I understand he had surgery, but you would think that tonight they could have adjusted the format on Fallon. Done an interview and acoustic number sitting on the couch. Made fun of him falling off the bike. And then as the week went on, he would be ready to rock.

Woah... and we say Bono is over the top.

Jimmy-Fallon-Thank-You-Notes_featured_photo_gallery.jpg

Thank you, copy and paste, for letting interference users respond to the exact same crazy talk in two different threads.

Womanfish, I understand your disappointment, but he's not going to be able to sing the very next afternoon after going under anesthesia and being intubated. They film late afternoon for most late night shows. It wouldn't even be 24 hrs. It takes a day or two to recover from just the sedation/intubation nevermind the injury and accompanying pain.

Fallon is a golden opportunity to promote the tour though, so surely they won't waste this chanc- oh wait.

Yeah, you almost wonder if they really wanted to announce the tour in public. That's why I originially wondered if the announcement would get pushed back because of the injury.

When you think about it, this tour is the band's big money makeer. They obviously didn't or won't make much from the album sales, so they want to do what U2 always does - something grand to announce the tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom