2015 U2 Tour News - delivered to Interference.com first and exclusively

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I have no desire to wait outside all day ever again... I have no issue with them continuing first come first serve for GA on one condition...

Staff the fucking lines with tour personnel to discourage douchebaggery and entitlement.

There's also zero reason why they can't issue numbered wristbands at the beginning of the day so that people don't have to sit around for 12 hours in some sort of fucked up endurance contest.

Give the bands out in numerical order, and line people up in said order later in the day.

Let's the loonies still wait all night to be FIRST FIRST FIRST, while also eliminating line saving, and allowing people to enjoy the cities they're visiting, sleep, rest, eat, drink, and partake in their usual adult responsibilities.

THIS. This is so simple, based on common sense, and works for security and for fans. I didn't experience any horrible GA lines, but there was definitely some cutting, entitlement and all the rest from people who think they're 'better fans' than everyone else.
Of course, then people line up 4 days in advance to get a low numbered wristband :|

I get the impression that the Dutch are pretty good, too.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I agree, and I'll a shout out to Belgium too. (most of the times both countries citizens hop over the border and mix in with each other)

The only difference between the Dutch,Belgians and lets say South Americans is that we don't tend to line up for a WEEK or longer to see a show:lol:

So in that case we are inferior to them. But thank god we are.
I'll be damned to line up for a week prior to a show.

Italian audiences are, together with Spanish and South American ones, the best.

I got the feeling that if you say "U2: The Biggest Band in the World" in a tv or radio show, in USA/UK most people kind of take it as a joke and get upset for that.

If you say that in those other places (Rest of Europe, Latinamerica...), most people (not all, obviously) don't have a problem with it, even younger audiences "respect" the classic bands even if they're not their cup of tea.

Of course, then people line up 4 days in advance to get a low numbered wristband :|

Yea but that percentage will be so low it doesn't really matter. If they want to be homeless for 3 days so that they can be dead center first row, so be it.

Of course venues likely won't allow people to line up that far in advanced, so it's a moot point.

Also, now that I mention it, I'm realizing those countries are not english speaking.

In my experience (Mexico), english music is bundled together in a few radio stations, except for the most "pop" of it (Bieber, Swift, etc).

So, the most pop acts compete directly with the local artists who already own the "pop" market, while U2 competes only in the rock market (and old classic bands still get plenty of radio playtime and respect).

In the end, all the people who listen to music in english usually likes u2, or at least respects them. Those who don't (listen english), really doesn't know them and doesn't care.

UPDATE: The US leg of the tour should be finalized in the next 2-3 days. No details provided yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I know I should subscribe to U2.com now, but I really don't want the North Side Story package. :/

The company that runs the fan club already has a list going for customers who don't want North Side Story. You can request to be on the list by calling them. Problem solved.

I've been going back and forth on this. I think Coachella would be better for them than Glastonbury. However, Goldenvoice, who books Coachella, is affiliated with AEG. U2 has a Live Nation contract. Normally, acts booked for Coachella can't play LA for a few months around the festival and that they can't announce the on sale until after the festival.

I can't imagine live Nation will want to forgo revenue from U2 in LA.

We will know for sure very soon.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Because of AAC, I feel very strongly that U2 will be at Coachella next year, but you raise valid concerns.

?its not a festival as such though is it. I ment like a glastonbury type festival ???

Well, it has the same handcuffs that performing at a major festival does, but rain won't be able to screw it up, so they've got that going for them.

I know Glastonbury was considered a "disaster", but there were a lot of reasons for that. If AAC gets it together, I can see it working.

Is it just me, or in general have, even relatively small, US festivals been getting much bigger headliners recently?

Well, it has the same handcuffs that performing at a major festival does, but rain won't be able to screw it up, so they've got that going for them.

I know Glastonbury was considered a "disaster", but there were a lot of reasons for that. If AAC gets it together, I can see it working.

Is it just me, or in general have, even relatively small, US festivals been getting much bigger headliners recently?

You are correct. We have a new festival here and it has had some terrific headliners from year 1 (2012). Gives me hope that rock will survive this horrid state of pop. https://fireflyfestival.com/lineup/past-lineups/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom