2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody want Tippett? I don't want him.

I swear he spent tonight sabotaging all our forward efforts.

Riveting afternoon of footy today. Says something when Sydney vs Footscray is likely to be the most competitive game out of the three. :crack:

I see Port has failed to kick a goal by quarter time against West Coast.

Seriously, you can tell the AFL doesn't even give a shit who plays whom on Sundays. "Oh, we have to schedule these crap teams to play each other? And this good team has to belt those losers? Give 'em all Sunday."

Yeah, I've noticed that too. We're among the most popular teams in the AFL and they always stick us Friday or early Saturday, unless we play someone awful like Port or Melbourne.

cf29e048.jpg

... are you guys watching Sydney vs Footscray? Stunning first quarter by the Doggies. I swear to god it's a different team to the listless shit that's shown up for most of this season. It's like they just took their 2010 team out of cryogenic storage or something.

Sydney will probably get their own back and pile on the goals after the break, but still, wow.

Maybe the Swannies do want it after all - they've managed to sneak back into the lead. I kind of want Footscray to win! :lol:

This is really amusing, actually. North to be this week's flag favourites even though they'll get crushed in the finals because they won't be able to play at Etihad, I don't think?

North won't make prelims.

But what if they do, people? WHAT IF THEY DO. What will this world have come to!

Axver said:
Seriously, you can tell the AFL doesn't even give a shit who plays whom on Sundays. "Oh, we have to schedule these crap teams to play each other? And this good team has to belt those losers? Give 'em all Sunday."

Hence the reason Geelong no longer plays on Sundays.

North won't make prelims.

But what if they do, people? WHAT IF THEY DO. What will this world have come to!

Teams outside the top 4 normally don't.

I still can't shake the feeling of North being a vanilla team. I'm usually very good at recognising any player from most teams but with North, half of them are so faceless to me.

Collingwood is full of big name players that make you wonder "wait, why do they still have a job?"

North won't last, but they're pretty good.

I'm guessing this post won't be news to the old fans like the Daniels, but wow, I see that since Adelaide's famous premiership from outside the top four in 1998, only one team from outside the top four has made the grand final (Carlton from 6th in 1999). Only two more have made the prelims (Hawthorn from 6th in 2001 and Collingwood from 6th in 2007 - only after beating 3rd placed West Coast in extra time).

Funny that they're all from 6th. Maybe North Melbourne has a chance this year then! :lol:

(From the top eight's introduction in 1994 to 1998 though, one team from outside the top four made the prelims every time. So every year under the original top eight system, a team from outside the top four made at least the prelims, two made the grand final, and one won a premiership, while since the introduction of the current top eight system in 2000, only two teams have made the prelims from outside the top four and none have gone further.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom