2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh we're already down 17. Our percentage can't really afford to take a hit of any kind, even if it's only a 2 or 3 point difference.

If anyone cared about Freo, I would be congratulating their fans.

Piking now, can't watch one more second of this.

Weagles were awesome Bonnie! We were woeful and just have no forward line. Nic Nat was super.

Carlton losing makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Well done Suns!

Eagles were dynamite.

And what the hell Carlton, I'm not sure how that happens especially when you had a top 8 spot to play for.

Holy shit Hawthorn! Never been happier to lose a tip. I'm still worried we let the Swans trample us so thoroughly in the first quarter or so, I don't think we could afford a slow start like that in an important final. But damn I wish I'd been watching the second half!

I heard the score at quarter time and was ready to join Ax in some fucking despair.

Eagles were dynamite.

And what the hell Carlton, I'm not sure how that happens especially when you had a top 8 spot to play for.

Ratten's as good as gone. Even I'd fire him, and I know it's not entirely it's fault. It's just something you have to do when you're a historically successful side with a massive fanbase. Some losses you just can't allow.

Hawthorn merely fall over the line (as opposed to pulverise teams like they did in previous weeks), and all we'll hear about is how much of a "champion", Lance Franklin is. The legendary team of the Gunston era will now be forgotten.

Well done Gold Coast, they've been close to pulling off wins like that all season (vs Geelong and Essendon) and now they satisfyingly have!

Good stuff by StK too, in pulverising the Jeedubblyooesses by a lazy 130.

What a great night of sport! Collingwood lose, the All Blacks not only beat the Wallabies but held them scoreless, and Carlton lose to the Gold fucking Coast! In a season of upsets, it really takes quite an effort to concede the upset of the year.

Ratten's goooone, surely.

See Carlton, THIS is how you play when there's a spot in the eight on the line.

However, if Freo do fade and lose this, and suffer a shock loss to Melbourne next week, then - unless I'm grossly misreading the ladder - the winner of St Kilda vs Carlton will make the eight.

See Carlton, THIS is how you play when there's a spot in the eight on the line.

However, if Freo do fade and lose this, and suffer a shock loss to Melbourne next week, then - unless I'm grossly misreading the ladder - the winner of St Kilda vs Carlton will make the eight.

I really doubt Freo will go down to Melbourne as it is at Paterson's, comfortable win. I think they're safe.

Oh yeah, I'd tip Freo by 50+. But stranger things have happened. *cough*Carlton'slosslastnight*cough*

No matter how good we are or how bad Melbourne are we always struggle to beat them at the fucking MCG. Pathetic.

Melbourne are really good, vlad. Don't underrate them.

Just on Carlton, that is an absolutely disgusting loss when your season is on the line.

With Freo's very big win I'm now pretty convinced that there will be no side in the final 8 this year who are making up the numbers, like in previous years. Exciting.

Dear Essendon and Carlton,

This is how you play when you want to be in the eight.

Cheers, losers,
Freo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom