2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this in the thread "Quasi-Baseless Speculation About New Material, Continued", but I figured it belonged here:

U2place - (Rumor) Tour 2011: Confermate già 10 date, 6 concerti in UK? - Le notizie in italiano sugli U2

"10 date per la prossima in Europa. Di queste 10 date 6 saranno previste in uk"
Translated to (google): 10 dates for the next in Europe. Of these 10 6 will be provided in the UK.

"sempre secondo questo fonti queste 10 date sono gia confermate e a breve sara annuciato tutto dagli organi ufficiali della band"
Translated to(google): According to this sources these 10 dates are already confirmed and short approval will be all by the official bodies of the band

So who the hell knows...

hmmm 6 in the UK? Maybe 6 in the UK+Ireland?

And 4 in Amsterdam!?!?!?!?!? woohooo

It says a member of the crew or organisation told them. :hmm:

10 dates in the UK? London twice, Manchester, a Welsh date? Scottish? Northern Ireland?
The other four would most likely be Dublin x2 and Amsterdam x2. Or so I hope!!!

It says a member of the crew or organisation told them. :hmm:

10 dates in the UK? London twice, Machester, a Welsh date? Scottish? Northern Ireland?
The other four would most likely be Dublin x2 and Amsterdam x2. Or so I hope!!!

If ANY of that is true at all I will be a happy person

Not to rain on anyone's parade but where in any of these rumors are you guys seeing evidence of shows in the Netherlands? All the rumors we've heard are that they'd cap it off in the UK/Ireland, now we're hearing talk of 10 dates, 6 of which are in the UK, I could see the rest fitting in Aviva/Belfast (yes, part of the UK, but come on this a random rumor being translated by Google).

I actually didn't read a google translation, I read the original article.

And the Dutch rumour has been going on since.. early this year I think. Don't remember exactly where it was from, but it clearly mentioned Holland, UK and Ireland. And was it Paris as well? I remember thinking it strange, as paris had already had a show on each leg.

6 UK dates? They struggled to sell 5 last year on the back of a new touring concept!
Unless of course they use relativley small stadiums, which is possible. The likes of Coventry, Ipswich, Southampton, Hull, Belfast. Geographically they would make sense and apart possibly from Hull have all staged shows. They are not exactly standard stops on big act tours but smaller football teams are more likely to give up their grounds so close to the start of a season to gain some revenue. Uk and Ireland 6 dates sounds more plausible imo

I'd be very pleasantly surprised if the UK got six more shows. Where did this rumour originate?

If you add a Belfast concert to last year's five shows then voila:

London x 2, Manchester / Sheffield / Leeds, Cardiff, Glasgow, Belfast

I wonder if they're hoping for a Glasto boost to 360 tour UK ticket sales?

I'd be very pleasantly surprised if the UK got six more shows. Where did this rumour originate?

If you add a Belfast concert to last year's five shows then voila:

London x 2, Manchester / Sheffield / Leeds, Cardiff, Glasgow, Belfast

I wonder if they're hoping for a Glasto boost to 360 tour UK ticket sales?

Bearing in mind Manchester is 99.9% not gonna happen. Do you really think they would basically visit the same cities as last year? I'm not so sure? Thats why if the rumour is true I was thinking along the lines of smaller stadia in virgin terriorities.

ps Whats wrong with Brum? Actually don't answer that:lol:

Bearing in mind Manchester is 99.9% not gonna happen. Do you really think they would basically visit the same cities as last year? I'm not so sure? Thats why if the rumour is true I was thinking along the lines of smaller stadia in virgin terriorities.

ps Whats wrong with Brum? Actually don't answer that:lol:

why not- they revisted Paris this year and they're playing Anaheim again next year

why not- they revisted Paris this year and they're playing Anaheim again next year

They haven't played Anaheim on this tour yet, but they're going back to New York, Chicago and Toronto.

It'll have been two years since the last UK shows. And I reckon they'd play where the demand is, and the demand is strongest in London, Cardiff and Glasgow. Chuck in a northern (or midlands!) city, and perhaps Belfast too.

Of these, I think a single show in London and also Belfast would sell out fastest; Glasgow and Cardiff took a very long time to sell out last year.

It's perhaps the anti-Wembley in me that hopes that they don't play there again

It'll have been two years since the last UK shows. And I reckon they'd play where the demand is, and the demand is strongest in London, Cardiff and Glasgow. Chuck in a northern (or midlands!) city, and perhaps Belfast too.

I just want to spread the love around a bit! If i was a betting man the supposed 6 shows would be Belfast x2, Cardiff, London x2 and as a long shot - Edinburgh, because it would attract more 'away' fans at that time of year. The only doubt I would have is the struggle to sell the 2nd London show. They struggled last year (on a saturday) and many casual fans will see this as the same show. A discussion that we've had before.. But one of the major drawbacks to the 360 stage (ticket policy to the more cynical) is the limited amount of places, especially North of Watford, the band can actually play on a 'late summer' tour in the UK

The only saving grace about these gazillion infernal feckin emoticons is that they don't have accents! :)

On yer boike :giggle:

So what are the odds of 2nd shows in Jo'burg and Cape Town? I know Popmart only had single nights despite there being room in the schedule for 2 nights in both cities. But that was Popmart, this is 360... different worlds between now and then, as far as tickets sales go.

So what are the odds of 2nd shows in Jo'burg and Cape Town? I know Popmart only had single nights despite there being room in the schedule for 2 nights in both cities. But that was Popmart, this is 360... different worlds between now and then, as far as tickets sales go.

I doubt it'd happen. I suppose if tickets were priced cheaply enough, it may be a chance, but I wouldn't expect it.

Funny how they're only doing Jo'burg and Cape Town again, when a lot of other bands include at least Durban in their schedule. I suppose other bands aren't playing venues quite so large though.

U2tour U2tour
U2 360° Tour in SA: 13.02.2011 - Johannesburg - Soccer City 19.02.2011 - Kapstadt - Cape Town Stadium Music, Movies, Games, Gadgets & Events : Entertainment Africa : South African Entertainment
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

They pretty much cracked down this rumour quickly!

That last quote in the article confuses me. So they are playing in S. Africa right?

Good question and dont worry i know i'm probably in the minority here! Very nice stadium I just find the whole place very sterile and regimented inside and a vast array of nothingness dump outside

We enjoyed two great shows there last year but I must admit Wembley stadium is severely lacking as a music venue - the sound was by far the worst compared with the other 3 venues we've seen 360 - particularly on the first night when the roof was closed. At least the band seemingly forced them to open the roof for the second show. The problem is the huge stands and roof containing and reflecting the audio all over the place. We were on the field and I understand the sound was worse up in the high seats.

I doubt it'd happen. I suppose if tickets were priced cheaply enough, it may be a chance, but I wouldn't expect it.

Funny how they're only doing Jo'burg and Cape Town again, when a lot of other bands include at least Durban in their schedule. I suppose other bands aren't playing venues quite so large though.

Yeah, I'd agree with Axver, second shows would be extremely doubtful. Just look at the empty seats in places like Turkey and Russia. U2 seems to have a pretty good grasp of what places they can sell tickets in and which places are harder to fill. I'm sure they'll sell a fair amount of tickets in South Africa, but it won't sell out immediately like initial shows usually do in places like Ireland, Netherlands, New York, Australia, etc.

i think that the "6 UK shows" has mistakenly included the Rep. of Ireland.

2 x Dub
2 x Belfast
1 x Wembley
1 x Northern England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom