2010 Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A local bus travel agency says Bono confirmed in Zagreb U2 will play in Vienna - Ernst Happel stadium - in 2010, exact date to be announced.

soo... europe in 2010...are they totally skipping out on a 2nd US leg or is everyone thinking thats going to be in the fall>?

No they are not skipping the US, they are talking about going to the US before the europe leg sometime.

I read on here that the guy wasn't asked about the US leg, so that is why it is not mentioned

No problem, infact i think there is a list of possible US dates knocking about here somewhere.

yep saw those.
i heard they wanted to do a spring leg and then someone on here told me that it was summer. obviously it cant be so yeahh :)

Isn't it the other way around - Europe in summer and US in the autumn like they do it this year ?

No, indication is that it's US June-July and Europe August-September.

As for those people wondering about an announcement, legs of U2 tours have a habit of being announced anywhere between 2 to 6 months before the first show. If there is an Oceania leg in February-March, I wouldn't start worrying about the lack of an announcement until December.

No, indication is that it's US June-July and Europe August-September.

Has been indicated like that but I would have thought that Europe would need to be June to July again purely for the reason of the football season being back in full swing in the middle of August. I can't imagine many clubs will let them do gigs in their grounds after the season starts or that they could even book the stadiums until the fixture lists were out.

They could probabley fit wembley and hampden and the millenium stadium in again regardless of if the football season is in full swing or not,

Will Australia and NZ be postponed to september 2010?

This would be fantastic (for us and not for the people who have waited too long) because my wife and I will be there at that time:drool:

If U2 hit NZ in Fall of 2010, I will be very tempted to go. I was there for Vertigo, and to be honest, my wine cellar could use another injection from NZ.

Mark

Interesting article for you aus/south america folk from the bbc. more towards the bottom of the article:

U2 are hoping to turn the stages from their current world tour into permanent concert venues in parks around the world when their tour is over.

The band's current 360 tour uses three different stage structures, each in the shape of a giant claw.

"My vision, which I've been discussing with the band, is that we will turn them into concert pavilions," their tour architect Mark Fisher said.

The band play their first UK date at Wembley Stadium in London later.

The tour then moves to Glasgow, Sheffield and Cardiff.

U2 have already played in Europe and will travel to the US next month.

Mr Fisher said three steel structures, which cost between £15m and £20m each, were used on different legs of the world tour.

"Part of the tour will finish in Australia and another part of the tour will finish in South America, where people could use a nice concert pavilion in a park, which has an ability to take 200 tonnes of kit hanging under it," he said.

"It's a fairly useful thing."

Has been indicated like that but I would have thought that Europe would need to be June to July again purely for the reason of the football season being back in full swing in the middle of August. I can't imagine many clubs will let them do gigs in their grounds after the season starts or that they could even book the stadiums until the fixture lists were out.

I'm sure U2 will find clubs willing to let them use their grounds for a concert. They'll just have to work around the teams schedule. This is what is happening in the U.S. this fall. All the stadiums U2 are playing in are home to either NFL or college football teams. U2 just may not be able to play certain places of the because of the season starting, which I'm sure was the case with the leg in the U.S.

Rumours so far...

U2 360° Tour 2010:
Unspecified:
Continued U.S. Leg in early 2010, 2nd European leg later on...?
Belgium, Austria, Switzerland
°° Ernst Happel Stadium, Vienna, Austria
Thomond Park Stadium, Limerick, Ireland
South America - Possibly fall 2010?
Stockholm, Sweden? - Bono says "Last train to Gothenburg...last train to Stockholm...Last train to Liseberg" during Magnificent at Ullevi Stadium in Gothenburg, July 31st 2009.
Lisbon (?), Portugal: (06:46-07:25)U2 Interview on Portuguese TV: Europe Tour will continue 2010!!!

January:
-

February:
-

March:
Australia/New Zealand
°° Westpac Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand.

April:
-

May:
-

June:
Another European Leg, including Rome, Italy. (?)

July:
Another European Leg, including Rome, Italy.(?)

August:
Frankfurt, Munich and Hannover (?)

September:
Frankfurt, Munich and Hannover (?)

October:
-

November:
-

December:
-

Did I happen to leave anything out by accident?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom