2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, one night only for Toronto and Chicago, but it doesn't say anything about one night in Philly. :wink: So, bring on the second! :hyper:

+1,000,000

After the other rumors about them coming back Foxboro, Im quite honestly devestated. This was really the only show I could possibly go to. I wish I knew people in other locations so I could travel with someone but I really dont know a lot of U2 fans personally. :sad:

:hug: wanna hitch hike to Montreal or Toronto with me? I don't know if I can pull off traveling again to see them, I wish I had a few more months to throw together some change. I'm gonna give it a shot if Foxboro doesn't happen.

From the website:

"Hope you caught U2 360° live from the Rosebowl, Pasadena on YouTube tonight.

[...]On U2 360° the band currently play 22 live tracks

Did they not actually watch the band play 24 live tracks on YouTube?

I'm sad but not shocked that Foxboro didn't get another date. But we got 2 fantastic nights. :)

I'm determined to make Toronto and Miami work.

rly? wow. i would expect miami to have a ton of demand cuz of the population who flies in from S. America

yea Tampa was Friday. Miami is actually 9 months to the day of Tampa :)

There were rumors this might happen, but I still dont want to believe there is no new england date... What surprises me more is that Chicago, Miami, Philly, Toronto get a date.......... but NOT BOSTON????? That would feel like major rejection!!!! :((( Just bc it didnt sellout on night 2? Ugh.

I really hope Boston gets a date....

Its possible but don't count on it. They already played to a combined total of 138,000 people in Boston and that second date did not completely sellout. Philadelphia did not get a show in 2009! Miami did not get a show in 2009! But your Boston got TWO SHOWS!

Chicago and Toronto are getting THIRD shows because their second shows soldout unlike Boston's second show.

I think the best chance for a New England date would be in Hartford.

why anaheim and not the rose bowl again? will there be as many GA's available?

While I am excited to have U2 playing a show only 20 miles from my house, I will concede that the Big A will be a relatively poor venue for the 360 show, perhaps one of the weakest venues on the tour.

It will be hard to find good seats for this show, to be perfectly candid. In fact, all things considered, it would have been better for the 2010 L.A. show to be at the Coliseum.

I will be curious to see what the U2 seating chart looks like in Anaheim. Here's the baseball seating chart:

Angel-Stadium-Seating-Chart.gif

I didn't see anything empty seats at Boston 2 and it was louder than both Toronto shows. Anyways, July in Foxboro seems more appealing than September. The weather will be nicer, school is out.. but I forgot, U2 hates FoxboroUGH :shifty:

2010 tour dates!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

East Lansing will be one of the best shows on the tour, I guarantee it! :applaud:

They could play Boston after NJ and make it seem like the "people" demanded it. Either way both cities make a great ending for a 2nd leg of the U.S. Much better than Scranton, PA.

Well lets make it easier for them: LETS DEMAND IT! I say protest!!! :rant::rant::rant: BOSTON BOSTON BOSTON BOSTON!!!! We should go to Gillette and demand that Bob Kraft invite U2 back. I work at the stadium, maybe I can work something out w/ Bob..:wink: ugh seriously, there NEEDS to be a NEW ENGLAND date. I cant believe after all those rumors of Gillette, Fenway and Hartford, theres NOTHING!! :sad::sad::sad:

:hug: wanna hitch hike to Montreal or Toronto with me? I don't know if I can pull off traveling again to see them, I wish I had a few more months to throw together some change. I'm gonna give it a shot if Foxboro doesn't happen.

Im down for that lol.

"Where you folks headed?"

"U2 concert?"

"ME TOO HOP IN!"

....never to be heard from again
icon37.gif

i'm more concerned about GA. Will there be as many GA's available for a baseball venue. How did toronto work? Traffic will suck going back to LA. Is Anaheim their way of reaching the san diego market? I hope GA isnt as hard to get as it was for pasadena.

While I am excited to have U2 playing a show only 20 miles from my house, I will concede that the Big A will be a relatively poor venue for the 360 show, perhaps one of the weakest venues on the tour.

It will be hard to find good seats for this show, to be perfectly candid. In fact, all things considered, it would have been better for the 2010 L.A. show to be at the Coliseum.

I will be curious to see what the U2 seating chart looks like in Anaheim. Here's the baseball seating chart:

Angel-Stadium-Seating-Chart.gif

I can't believe they are coming to MSU! I would have bet money they'd play at Ford Field or Comerica Park... But not complaining that they will play at my alma mater!!!! :dance:

True, yet it is a market where they couldn't sell out 2 shows in 2009.

Maybe they're waiting to announce a Fenway Park date (or dates) in a separate press release.

Iv read that both sold out, havent seen anything that said they didnt. Was there anything written or is that based on something somone at the show said? There were tickets available the day before every show they did this leg in NA so doesnt that mean no place sold out?

ERRR I just wish there wernt all those rumors about Foxboro :angry::angry:

I was somewhat prepared for there NOT to be a show but then different sites rumored it, and it ended up in a lot of places, printed that they were coming back. Then we get the "survey" asking if we would come see them in July 2010 and it almost gave the rumors a leg to stand on. :sad:

i'm more concerned about GA. Will there be as many GA's available for a baseball venue. How did toronto work? Traffic will suck going back to LA. Is Anaheim their way of reaching the san diego market?

Anaheim has a grass infield (unlike Rogers Centre's artificial surface), so the infield area in Anaheim (including the dirt area) will be blocked off.

Unfortunately, this means that there will be a large empty space between the back of the Field/GA and those fans sitting in the area behind home plate. Not exactly great for concert atmosphere.

Historically, U2 has not avoided the San Diego market on their tours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom