2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are no more shows announced we're left with just 77 360 shows. Only the Lovetown Tour had less shows at 47. :hmm:

There doesn't seem to be any plans to play in South America, Asia, and Oceania on this tour. I wonder why.

If there are no more shows announced we're left with just 77 360 shows. Only the Lovetown Tour had less shows at 47. :hmm:

There doesn't seem to be any plans to play in South America, Asia, and Oceania on this tour. I wonder why.

They will play SA and Oceania, I think. The "final tour presales" is to lure new subscribers, who if they subscribe now, can get in on presales held over the next 12 months (which will include the final shows). The choice of wording is odd though.

Yes there are.

Don't expect them to be announced this year, though. If they're October/November 2010 as they are currently planning, I wouldn't expect ticket sales before March.

Would make sense for Rome to be later rather than earlier, though. I've been increasingly wondering about that gap between legs. If the Turin on 4-5 August and Rome on 7 August rumour were to come true, that means there are only 14 days off between the US and European legs (assuming no extra North American shows after NYC!), and that's cutting it bloody fine to get the stage across the Atlantic. Putting Italy at the end gives them more breathing space to get to Europe, and could potentially mean another NYC gig or extra US city could be slotted into the itinerary in July.

not sure. most of the stadia that U2 would look at to play in Italy would have football fixtures in October. They wouldn't in August.

Axver whats the chances of a UK/Ireland leg during 2011? would the tour stretch into another year? just another mad thought.

Axver whats the chances of a UK/Ireland leg during 2011? would the tour stretch into another year? just another mad thought.
If they release Songs Of Ascent a year from today, it's entirely possible they'd put together some sort of tour for 2011.

I HIGHLY doubt that the tour will stretch over a three-year period! Just listen to Larry always talking about them having families and all that. Touring is still what they love to do, but it's different times than 20 years ago, I doubt you want to tour the world for 3 years with 50 years of age when you know you have your wife and kids at home. I really doubt they would want to hang on to another leg again!

I think we can expect that we wil not be left with the 77 shows. There are rumors for additional shows in North America (Mexico City, there is space between Anaheim and Denver, a second Oakland date?, another show between Philly and Montreal?)

Mexico City:
U2 turns 360 stadium tour into attendance-shattering sellouts - USATODAY.com

Europe: there is a Zurich scheme on the website
http://360.u2.com/images/largevenues/lg_zurich.jpg
There are rumors about shows in Italy (Rome and Turin)
U2 France | Olimpico de Turin, voici U2. Et pour un doublet
Tel Aviv
U2 | Tel Aviv Fever
Split
Svemo�ni �eljko Kerum na ljeto dovodi U2 na splitski Poljud? - Showbiz - XMag - Index.hr.

Furthermore there are lots of rumors for a leg in Oceania and South America.
Wellington
Barbra Streisand set for capital show | Stuff.co.nz
Chili
U2 llega a Chile por tercera vez � Radio Horizonte
Brasil
Saiba tudo que rola no mundo da música � U2 fará quatro shows no Brasil em 2010, diz jornal
Argentina
http://www.argentinepost.com/2009/11/u2-to-play-buenos-aires-in-november-2010.html

Let's say 3/4 additional NA shows, 5 additional Europe shows, ~5 South American shows and ~5/6 Oceania shows.
That would make a total of ~90-100 U2 360 shows

Remember, so far only (vague and less vague) rumors...

not sure. most of the stadia that U2 would look at to play in Italy would have football fixtures in October. They wouldn't in August.

I think staging effects on fields/pitches are a big factor in show scheduling. The panels that are laid on top of the grass for several days basically kill off the grass, and require that the field be re-sodded afterward (which Live Nation pays for). Or, it takes several weeks for the grass to grow back. Many teams and venues will not allow that type of damage right before or during their seasons.

And with the San Sebastian date on the 26th, it rules out another possibility for any Dutch date. :(

Yes, and if people had any hope that Dutch dates will come in 2010, that hope is now definitive gone. A spokesman of Mojo (LiveNation) said in a discussion in the Dutch parliament today about a new anti-scalper law:

Mojo heeft gezien dat op internet kaarten worden aangeboden voor een concert van U2, komende zomer in De Kuip. Die show heeft echter helemaal niet plaats, bezweert Mojo. ''Wij organiseren al een tijdje geen concerten meer in De Kuip en U2 komt deze zomer echt niet naar Nederland voor een show'', aldus een woordvoerster.

Translation: LiveNation is aware of the fact that tickets are offered on internet for a U2 concert, this summer in De Kuip (Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam). That show will definitely not happen, according to LiveNation. "Since a while, we are not organising concerts in De Kuip anymore and furthermore next summer U2 will definitely not come to the Netherlands for a show, " according to a spokesman.

So not only the (small amount of) hope for an additional Dutch U2 concert is gone, also the hope to see U2 in a Dutch stadium with decent acoustics and atmosphere is gone...

Yes, and if people had any hope that Dutch dates will come in 2010, that hope is now definitive gone. A spokesman of Mojo (LiveNation) said in a discussion in the Dutch parliament today about a new anti-scalper law:

Translation: LiveNation is aware of the fact that tickets are offered on internet for a U2 concert, this summer in De Kuip (Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam). That show will definitely not happen, according to LiveNation. "Since a while, we are not organising concerts in De Kuip anymore and furthermore next summer U2 will definitely not come to the Netherlands for a show, " according to a spokesman.

So not only the (small amount of) hope for an additional Dutch U2 concert is gone, also the hope to see U2 in a Dutch stadium with decent acoustics and atmosphere is gone...
Yeah it was already known that Mojo have a deal with the ArenA so de Kuip would be out of the question.

:sigh: But this makes it so definitive.. I still think it's strange there's no UK and Holland dates.

Yep, if this is true which most likely it is, I bet we can look for the confirmed dates on u2.com monday morning, hopefully sooner.

Regarding 2011 discussion, I can't see them dragging this tour out over three calendar years.

Regarding 2011 discussion, I can't see them dragging this tour out over three calendar years.

At least a couple of prior tours have stretched 20-21 months, so I think this one can too. Both SA and Oceania are probably not possible in the last 2.5 months (not counting holiday breaks) of 2010. 3 weeks between continents seems to be the norm.

Great news! Start and finish in Italy! This creates also extra gaps in the scheme to be filled up! :lol:

6 August, 2010 Stadio Olimpico Torino IT
...7 august, 2010 Stadio Olimpico Torino?? (given the small capacity..)
10 August, 2010 Commerzbank Arena Frankfurt DE
12 August, 2010 AWD Stadium Hannover DE
15 August, 2010 Stadium Horsens DK
16 August, 2010 Stadium Horsens DK
20 August, 2010 Olympic Stadium Helsinki FI
21 August, 2010 Olympic Stadium Helsinki FI
25 August, 2010 Luzhniki Moscow RU
30 August, 2010 Ernst Happel Stadium Vienna AT
3 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Athens GR
6 September, 2010 Ataturk Olympic Stadium Istanbul TR
15 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Munich DE
18 September, 2010 Stade De France Paris FR
22 September, 2010 K. Boudewijnstadion Brussels BE
23 September, 2010 K. Boudewijnstadion Brussels BE
26 September, 2010 Anoeta Stadium San Sebastian ES
29 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Seville ES
2 October, 2010 Estadio Cidade Coimbra PT
3 October, 2010 Estadio Cidade Coimbra PT
8 October, 2010 Stadio Olimpico Roma IT

Great news! Start and finish in Italy! This creates also extra gaps in the scheme to be filled up! :lol:

6 August, 2010 Stadio Olimpico Torino IT
10 August, 2010 Commerzbank Arena Frankfurt DE
12 August, 2010 AWD Stadium Hannover DE
15 August, 2010 Stadium Horsens DK
16 August, 2010 Stadium Horsens DK
20 August, 2010 Olympic Stadium Helsinki FI
21 August, 2010 Olympic Stadium Helsinki FI
25 August, 2010 Luzhniki Moscow RU
30 August, 2010 Ernst Happel Stadium Vienna AT
3 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Athens GR
6 September, 2010 Ataturk Olympic Stadium Istanbul TR
15 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Munich DE
18 September, 2010 Stade De France Paris FR
22 September, 2010 K. Boudewijnstadion Brussels BE
23 September, 2010 K. Boudewijnstadion Brussels BE
26 September, 2010 Anoeta Stadium San Sebastian ES
29 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Seville ES
2 October, 2010 Estadio Cidade Coimbra PT
3 October, 2010 Estadio Cidade Coimbra PT
8 October, 2010 Roma Stadio Olimpico IT

There really is only room for a 2nd Turin show on 8/7 in that early gap. Pehaps Zurich will be placed in between Portugal and Rome in October, leaving the gap between Istanbul and Munich to do shows in Tel Aviv and that one city in Croatia everyone has talked about.

There really is only room for a 2nd Turin show on 8/7 in that early gap.
jep! I was updating my message when u tiped this lol
Pehaps Zurich will be placed in between Portugal and Rome in October, leaving the gap between Istanbul and Munich to do shows in Tel Aviv and that one city in Croatia everyone has talked about.
Zurich can also happen betweeen Moscow and Vienna (if moscow doesn't get a 2nd show) or between Vienna and Atens (if Vienna doesn't get a 2nd)

that one city = the beautiful city SPLIT :)

Between the gap of Istanbul and Munich they should play in Tel-Aviv Ramt-Gan Stadium capacity 41,583 and also Cairo Egypt Cairo Int'l Stadium capacity 74,100. Logistically this would work out perfectly.

on twitter people are saying the South American leg is going to start in April now for U2 and metallica will be in SA in January.

they were also saying that some sources are saying the South American leg will be announced tomorrow by u2.com along with the Mexico City dates. Makes since if they are together I guess. hopefully this is true but it's twitter so who knows really.

8th October 2010 Rome

I won't go to Turin, it's too complicated and too close to the Frankfurt date.

But I'll try to get tickets for Roma. Hopefully there will be a second show there as well. It's a weekend, so no big problem for me, even though my semester will have started by then :pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom