2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is looking better! Someone else on the u2.com forum said they also heard on the radio in salt lake city that there is a huge announcement coming this tuesday for a concert. and the rumored date supposedly is June 3rd. Hope this pans out! can you imagine this...

Mexico City Azteca Stadium May 30th
Mexico City Azteca Stadium May 31st
Salt Lake City Rice-Eccles Stadium June 3rd
Anaheim Angel Stadium June 6th
etc, etc

could work right?

U2 has to justify the massive costs it takes to ship the Claw. Australia, I am guessing, is pretty much out of the question. South America, perhaps, two Claws for four or five shows. Maybe they are planning the Dublin show for 2011 this far out. It'll be a big special event to end the tour. I can't see them doing it this year cause they did three last year, not even selling out the final show

SMB

Don't forget, I think it was Jake who said they would be leaving one of the claws in Australia and one in South America. That was a long time ago but I'll bet it's true. By doing this, they wouldn't have any shipping expenses on the return...definitely makes sense that these dates will be the last of this tour.

This is looking better! Someone else on the u2.com forum said they also heard on the radio in salt lake city that there is a huge announcement coming this tuesday for a concert. and the rumored date supposedly is June 3rd. Hope this pans out! can you imagine this...

etc, etc

could work right?

I'm not sure WHY they're waiting so long to announce the MC date(s). The claw is already in Mexico so we know they're doing a show there. I can't imagine it's there just for them to rehearse.

I'm not sure WHY they're waiting so long to announce the MC date(s). The claw is already in Mexico so we know they're doing a show there. I can't imagine it's there just for them to rehearse.

I think the CLAWs have gained Artificial Intelligence and "asked" to winter in Mexico. Presumably, the further tour negotiations would be difficult as are any discussions with self-aware machines.

:wink:

I think the CLAWs have gained Artificial Intelligence and "asked" to winter in Mexico. Presumably, the further tour negotiations would be difficult as are any discussions with self-aware machines.

:wink:

Yes the CLAWs have formed a union and declared they will work no longer than 15 days each this year. They demand most weekends off, and will never work more than 2 days in any one city. They may use their accumulated frequent flyer miles to visit the southern hemisphere once they have finished their contract in Europe.

Yes the CLAWs have formed a union and declared they will work no longer than 15 days each this year. They demand most weekends off, and will never work more than 2 days in any one city. They may use their accumulated frequent flyer miles to visit the southern hemisphere once they have finished their contract in Europe.

:lol:

It could be in Mexico, close to the border (Tijuana area?), for some sort of tax reason.

How do you know the claw is already in Mexico?

One of the truck drivers that I met in Tampa told me that he was taking his portion of the equipment (which was the 360 screen) to Mexico for use at the end of May. This same driver was nice enough to give me one of the pixels from the screen...a unique piece of U2 memorabilia.

One of the truck drivers that I met in Tampa told me that he was taking his portion of the equipment (which was the 360 screen) to Mexico for use at the end of May. This same driver was nice enough to give me one of the pixels from the screen...a unique piece of U2 memorabilia.

Yep it was an old dude on his bike talking to people in the line while camping out for the Tampa show. Plus the not so common sense police officer being a douche to everyone at the front of the line telling them not to park their cars at the entrance and being too close to the entrance way and telling the truck driver to stay away from us. Its possible that the claw might be either in the USA or in Mexico. Alot could have changed since the end of the 2nd leg of the 360 tour. From previous reports at last known whereabouts all we know is that its in Mexico.

Wow, cool story! That's some nice inside information.]

Can you take a picture of the pixel? :D

etc, etc

could work right?

Salt Lake City is a small city. I don't think U2 would play in Utah unless it was at the Energy Solutions Arena or E Center. Huge announcement could be about the Dave Matthews Band free concert in the summer at the local amphitheatre.

Salt Lake City is a small city. I don't think U2 would play in Utah unless it was at the Energy Solutions Arena or E Center. Huge announcement could be about the Dave Matthews Band free concert in the summer at the local amphitheatre.

Doubtful. Even I have known DMB is going to play a free concert in Utah for a couple weeks, and I live in Ohio, don't know anyone in Utah, and will probably never go to Utah. SLC is indeed a smaller city, but Rice-Ecces Stadium is a small stadium, and one of very few US cities to sell out a show on Popmart. But I guess we'll all know tomorrow if this is bullshit or not. I'm just jealous because U2 is not coming to Ohio, and because DMB tickets in Columbus cost $75, good or bad. I'd love to see them, but not for that kind of money.

Rice-Eccles Stadium holds 45,000. EnergySolutions holds under 20,000 and the E Center holds less than 15,000. Rice Stadium sold out back in 1997. Expect it to be full again.

DMB was announced several weeks ago, so that's old news.

Michael

It's official. June 3 at Rice-Eccles Stadium (Salt Lake City). Tickets go on sale next Monday--February 22. No word on pre-sales yet.

Michael

Yep it was an old dude on his bike talking to people in the line while camping out for the Tampa show. Plus the not so common sense police officer being a douche to everyone at the front of the line telling them not to park their cars at the entrance and being too close to the entrance way and telling the truck driver to stay away from us. Its possible that the claw might be either in the USA or in Mexico. Alot could have changed since the end of the 2nd leg of the 360 tour. From previous reports at last known whereabouts all we know is that its in Mexico.

Hey Brad :wave:I was number 4 in line in Tampa. Here we are, sweating to death in the tunnel. I'm 3rd from right with blond-ish hair in the red shirt.

GATampa23.jpg

I don't remember the truck driver's name...he kept trying to get a couple of us girls to go back to his truck to watch movies...he asked if I was married (which I am) then proceeded to ask several more times if I wanted to go watch movies. He DID bring me a Gatorade though...and a pixel. I couldn't help but think that maybe he had laced the G-ade with something to get me back to his truck :lol: I could've have really used that G-ade at about 3 o'clock that next afternoon though. So hot...I will never forget it.

It's official. June 3 at Rice-Eccles Stadium (Salt Lake City). Tickets go on sale next Monday--February 22. No word on pre-sales yet.

Michael

Have to say I'm a wee bit disappointed that Anaheim is NOT the opening show now :sad: Kind of surprises me that they would do this.

Hey Brad :wave:I was number 4 in line in Tampa. Here we are, sweating to death in the tunnel. I'm 3rd from right with blond-ish hair in the red shirt.

GATampa23.jpg

I don't remember the truck driver's name...he kept trying to get a couple of us girls to go back to his truck to watch movies...he asked if I was married (which I am) then proceeded to ask several more times if I wanted to go watch movies. He DID bring me a Gatorade though...and a pixel. I couldn't help but think that maybe he had laced the G-ade with something to get me back to his truck :lol: I could've have really used that G-ade at about 3 o'clock that next afternoon though. So hot...I will never forget it.

for sweating to death, y'all look good. the truck driver sounds a bit creepy. :yikes:

Salt Lake City presale is this Thursday. U2.com indicates this this is the first North American show of the year and the final show to be announced. So not sure what that means for the rumored Mexico City shows...

U2.com > News > 'Final U2 360° Show in North America'

Michael

Mean they're a no go, there goes my travel plans. :sad: May do this one instead of Denver (which was my back up, in case Mexico City didn't happen...)

I would still hold out a bit for MC.

Well I have other info saying it's a no go.

If it materializes later as part of a Latin American leg, I could go then, although I doubt it would be a part of it (but then I might go to South America if there are shows there...).

Have to say I'm a wee bit disappointed that Anaheim is NOT the opening show now :sad: Kind of surprises me that they would do this.

Don't worry too much. Opening night is fun (been to 2) but the band always seems rusty and conservative compared to the following shows.

Don't worry too much. Opening night is fun (been to 2) but the band always seems rusty and conservative compared to the following shows.

I'm more disappointed because I spent so much on my "opening" night GA tickets on Ebay. I was at Elevation opening night and it was great...no complaints at all about the performance...then saw the last night of that same tour and it was great too (maybe a bit more emotional as it was after 9/11).

if we're calling chicago an opening night show, it definitely didn't stick to this formula. the band seemed to treat it like an opening night and it felt like one, even though i knew in the back of my mind it wasn't really.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom