(12-26-2004) Bono Thinks America is the Greatest Cultural Inspiration -- ANI*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono Thinks America is the Greatest Cultural Inspiration

Irish rocker Bono thinks America is the most culturally inspiring nation in the world and also says that to him it is the best place to be in.

The "U2" frontman gets angry when he hears other musicians complaining about having to travel to the States and performing there.

"Waking up in Memphis, Tennessee, where Stax was born, or where Elvis Presley cut Mystery Train or where Martin Luther King was shot dead is not crap," rate the music quoted him as saying.

"America is just full of possibilities. Nobody buys their cars anymore so it gets angry and Eminem happens, one of the great writers of the age comes out of Detroit," he added. (ANI)

What the hell is wrong with bono? Why is he sucking up to the U.S so much? is it just a case of sleeping with the enemy or does he genuinely have an infatuation with that neo-conservative ruled country?

Cultural inspiration?

I miss the 80's bono who saw the state's for what they really are.
"Run to the arms of america"....

The idea of this country is great as are most of the people. You can't judge a whole continent and its people by it's crooked rulers and inept officials and greedy bas...Oh I could go on but you get my point.

Seconds said:
What the hell is wrong with bono? Why is he sucking up to the U.S so much? is it just a case of sleeping with the enemy or does he genuinely have an infatuation with that neo-conservative ruled country?

Cultural inspiration?

I miss the 80's bono who saw the state's for what they really are.
"Run to the arms of america"....

Bono also referenced John Coltrane in "Bullet The Blue Sky", you know.

Iskra said:
The idea of this country is great as are most of the people. You can't judge a whole continent and its people by it's crooked rulers and inept officials and greedy bas...Oh I could go on but you get my point.

*Nods* Exactly. I may not always get along with some of the people who live here, and like MissVelvetDress_75 said, I don't support our government, but I will always love this country itself. This country is where I've grown up, this place holds a lot of memories for me. And the history surrounding our country is rather fascinating to learn about.

And we're not all neo-conservative over here, either.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom