(12-20-2005) Update: Elsha Meets Bono and Edge Again -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://images.snapfish.com/3458369923232%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3238%3E%3A%3A3%3E23%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D32333%3A76%3C8589nu0mrj[/SIMG]
Update: Elsha Meets Bono and Edge Again

Ed. Note: Interference.com received the following update from Elsha Stockseth, "The Biggest Little U2 Fan in the World," about her experience at U2's show late last week in Salt Lake City. You can read more about Elsha and U2 here.

It was so cold but we waited outside of the Delta Center for
U2 to arrive. Just a little after 6pm the black Cadillac Escalades came driving in behind a police car with Bono in the lead SUV and everyone was cheering. The rest of the band were in their own SUVs following Bono. The excitement got even better when a short time later Bono's SUV came driving back up the driveway. He looked at me, smiled and while waving to me I could see him say, "Hello Elsha." John, his bodyguard, got out and gave instructions to everyone and said they didn't have very much time. Bono got out and came over to me and was talking to me. He signed my scrapbook page (he wrote "Bono I love Elsha") and a CD for my niece. He started signing things for other people and then we showed him the Muscular Dystrophy Magazine from Utah that has a picture of him giving me a hug from the San Diego concert. He looked at it and said. "Oh, how stellar!" He then
signed it and went on down the line.

As he was going to get in the SUV I asked my mom if we could get a picture. She said that he probably didn't have time for a picture and Bono heard us and said, "Of course we have time." He came over to me again and his bodyguard took my dad's camera and snapped a picture of us. Bono asked if he had given me that green army hat that I was wearing and my mom told him that he didn't but that I had to have everything just like U2 because I love them so much. Bono took his glasses off and it looked like he was going to put them on me but then he just folded them up and laid them on my lap. He then put his one hand forward and kind of bowed to me and smiled and then got right in his SUV, smiled and waved as they left.

I was crying and then another suprise took place. The Edge came out with his bodyguard and came right over by us. My mom said, "Here is Elsha, do you remember her?" The Edge said, "Yeah, she is a special one." He kneeled down and talked to me and signed my MDA book, too. He looked at my niece and my mom said, "That is my little granddaughter." The Edge said, "Hello little granddaughter." We asked if we could have a picture and he said, "Sure." His bodyguard let my dad come out of the crowd and take a picture of us. The Edge then went on down the line.

I can't believe Bono gave me his sunglasses. I am so excited. This was the best Christmas present ever.

This was the perfect ending for the last show of this tour for me.

3458369923232%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3238%3E%3A%3A3%3E23%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D32333%3A76%3C8589nu0mrj

3458369923232%7Ffp338%3Enu%3D3238%3E%3A%3A3%3E23%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D32333%3A76%3C%3A%3B5%3Anu0mrj

Congratulations Elsha and thanks for sharing this fantastic story with us!

Newly added is this picture of Elsha wearing the shades!
3458633%3A3%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3238%3E%3A%3A3%3E23%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D32333%3A%3A9%3C%3B57%3Cnu0mrj

Last edited:
:shocked: He gave you the shades?!
Wow!
I read the other article a couple of days ago and got all warm and fuzzy and kinda teary. Thank you so much for sharing your stories.

Thank you for sharing your stories with us. You've really reminded me how important it is for us to hang on to our dreams. Because if we believe enough, they'll come true. :hug:

And hey, where's the picture of you modeling Bono's shades? I would love to know what it feels like to try them on! :cool:

Awesome. Such a lucky fan.... thanks for sharing all these stories too!

And oh yeah, do try to let us see a pic of you sporting the shades! :)

Elsha!!! just when i thought you couldn't get luckier!! you meet him again, and he gives you his shades!

and Edge said you were a special one!! they've seen you quite enough times to remeber you!:hug:

Congratulations again Lucky girl! I'm your fan no!:wave:

Keep in toch!!!

Stories like these always make me cry (tears of joy). Thanks for sharing your story, and I'm so very happy for you. You are a special one :yes:

:hug: Happy Holidays to you and your family :hug:

remember - we all want to see you in Bono's shades! :wink:

Elsha, I'm so happy for you. What a great story and thank you for sharing with us. :applaud:

What a Christmas present you got, Bono's shades!!!

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas. I'm sure you are still on cloud 9.

God Bless Elsha

Elsha your experiences with U2 made me feel better about living. I know that sounds very heavy. But I have been on such a low lately. You inspire me. Thank you, for sharing these stories. THey put a smile on my spirit.

"The songs are in your Eyes, I see them when You smile"

God Bless You Elsha!!!! And your family too.

Congrats on the meet and greet!!!!

Have a safe and Wonderful Holiday Season!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom