(11-20-2006) U2 and Green Day Release 'The Saints Are Coming' - Yahoo*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 and Green Day Release 'The Saints Are Coming' Raises Funds for Music Rising

Download Now Available Via iTunes With Proceeds for Charity

NEW YORK, Nov. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Music Rising announced Saturday that the download for the much anticipated "The Saints Are Coming" collaboration between legendary rock groups U2 and Green Day is now available via iTunes in the U.S. The song has topped the charts throughout Europe since its release.

All proceeds from the sale of the song will go directly to Music Rising (www.musicrising.org) a campaign launched in late 2005 by U2's The Edge, producer Bob Ezrin and Gibson Guitar. Its mission to replace the musical instruments that were lost in Hurricanes Katrina and Rita has now extended to its second phase dedicated to helping churches and schools of the area. To date Music Rising has helped over 2,100 musicians regain their livelihood, has been recognized by President Bill Clinton and has won the 2005 Halo Award for Cause Marketing and the 2006 Billboard Humanitarian Award.

"The Saints Are Coming" was performed by the two super-groups at the re-opening of the Louisiana Superdome on September 25th, 2006 and has become an anthem for the region. People continue to struggle in their efforts to recover from the devastation left behind by Hurricane Katrina. The song, which was originally written and performed by The Skids in 1978, has been recorded and performed by U2 and Green Day. Both U2's The Edge and Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day led the debut of this collaboration at the Louisiana Superdome performance. The hurricanes left 80% of New Orleans under water and destroyed 200,000 homes. Most of the musical instruments from the region were also lost in the flooding. Music Rising is dedicated to helping to rebuild the musical culture of the region by replacing those lot instruments.

To download "The Saints Are Coming" with proceeds to benefit Music Rising please go to: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=204741943&s=143 441

About Music Rising:

Music Rising is a national campaign created by U2's The Edge, producer Bob Ezrin, Gibson Guitar Chairman and CEO Henry Juszkiewicz along with support from Guitar Center Music Foundation and MusiCares. The campaign is the recipient of the 2005 Halo Award for Cause Marketing and the 2006 Billboard Humanitarian Award. It has been recognized by former President Bill Clinton through his own Katrina Fund and continues to be recognized around the world by media. Partners such as Guitar Center Music Foundation, MusiCares, Musician's Friend, VH-1 Networks, MTV Networks, Rolling Stone Magazine, The Kennedy/Marshall Company, Ticketmaster, ABC News Now, ESPN, The NFL, Real Networks/Rhapsody and Live Nation constitute the most dynamic and comprehensive organized group to launch a relief program since the hurricanes hit the United States. The campaign's goal is to help rebuild the musical heart and culture of the Gulf Region by replacing the musical instruments and gear that were lost by musicians. Phase II was launched to help rebuild churches and schools and is administered by The Gibson Foundation. For information on Music Rising go to http://www.musicrising.org/ or http://www.gibsonfoundation.org

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Gibson Guitar Foundation

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061120/lam076.html?.v=73

Finally released?
too bad it's already come and gone on radio ( hate the back ass way everything gets released ).
got ot 7 on triple a, that was peak and 24 it hink on active/heritage rock.
btw, mr mcguiness, please put a shout out to your fans for the release order of these darn records! for songs like Miracle Drug, Please, Kite, Wire, to either not be released or were released way too late was a shame
...chat us up buddy, we can a least help you and the boys guage it better for pre release stuff!!
every single commercial release, every possible bootleg and tons of fanalia...i think we know a little?

back to saints...
i have already downloaded it 3 times. i think we should ALL dl it it at least once more, great to see a surge from this link...go Devlin!
...'er, team i mean :)

but more importanlty the $1-2 that goes to...MUSIC RISING Rocks!

I downloaded it Friday night -- it's the live version and I wish they had included the very end, when Bono sings, "Music Rising." But the mini-rap is in there featuring Trombone Shorty.

It would still help to get an explanation why iTunes was left out in the cold for so long on Saints -- Rhapsody was not compatible with my Mac and that just seens so silly given U2's link with Apple.

U2 have just got themselves another no. 1 hit in Canada. From what I could gather, that would be their 10th number 1 making it 22 top ten hits in Canada for their career. It's probably off a bit but that's roughly about right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom