(10-10-2006) Bono. Oprah. House Parties. Oh My! -- One.org*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono. Oprah. House Parties. Oh My!

This week, the world’s biggest brands will throw their advertising muscle and millions of dollars in sales into the fight against global AIDS and extreme poverty. This same week thousands of ONE members will meet in living rooms and places of worship across the country to discuss global poverty in this election.

This is going to be a good week.

Sign up to attend an October 15th House Party in your area or host one of your own.

This Friday, Bono will be a guest on Oprah to help introduce (Product) RED to the United States. (RED) is the simple idea that what we buy can change the world. It’s not a charity. It’s a brand created to raise money for the Global Fund by teaming up with the world’s most iconic brands including Armani, Converse, GAP, and Motorola. Every (RED) product will raise not only money, but awareness.

On Sunday, ONE members are hosting house parties in preparation for the November election. Thousands of ONE members are coming together to celebrate the launch of (Product) RED, to add an entry to the Guinness Book of World Records for “the most people standing up” against poverty, and to call their candidates’ campaign offices to find out what they have done and what they plan to do to support the fight.

A crisis of this scale needs to be fought on multiple fronts to take advantage of the unique strengths of different parts of society. We need to gang up on the problem and this week is an important opportunity to come together.

Please sign up to attend an October 15th House Party in your area or host one of your own

This week, there are three things I am going to do: watch Bono introduce (Product) Red on Oprah Friday, wear a (Product) RED t-shirt (but not all weekend), and attend an October 15th ONE House Party. I hope you will join me, because we can make this an important moment for the global poverty movement.

--One.org

Back
Top Bottom