(01-23-2005) 'VERTIGO//2005' WORLD TOUR - EXCLUSIVE! - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope to go to gigs in Manchester and Dublin but don't know whether to risk waiting till next week for the Dublin gig to use my code or to use it tommorrow for Manchester

Also I wish they would have announced the prices for the European Gigs!

I wouldn't say I am too upset with the dates, since I am SURE they will be here in Toronto in the 3rd leg..... However, I would LOVE to know the exact date NOW and be able to get my ticket NOW rather that having to wait and constantly keep checking the announcements..... I am going to flip out if I don't find out soon enough. Ticket pricing is however ..... through the roof. Does anyone know is there is difference in pricing between ticketmaster and some other sites?? Because what I've seen so far, is WAYYYYYY higher than talked about by their manager.....
HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN TO THEIR SHOW IN TORONTO 4 YEARS AGO?? HOW MUCH WERE THE TICKETS FOR ACC??

It's times like this that I hate living in a rural area. I knew I'd have to drive regardless (as I live in the Ozarks) but they're really not coming anywhere close to this area. I suppose I'll have to sit and bite my nails and wait for the 3rd leg.

Vertigo Fly said:
I hope to go to gigs in Manchester and Dublin but don't know whether to risk waiting till next week for the Dublin gig to use my code or to use it tommorrow for Manchester

Also I wish they would have announced the prices for the European Gigs!

im in exactly the same situation... i want manchester paris and dublin.... i think dublin will be hardest so will use pre-sale for that....

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS WEBSITE GAVE OUT A TICKETBROKER'S ADDRESS WITH INFLATED PRICES.

Whoever posted it on the oiriginal article is an absolute CUNT!

(PS: I never swear so I must be angry......)

13 cities in 2 months????

Why bother doing a spring tour.There's no way that there will be 110 shows,as stated by McGuinness.Considering there will be 24 cities in Europe.that would mean about 60 shows in the fall!!??...in only 2 months??..(sept-Nov)..Forget that.

This has all the making of a Madonna type tour.Only huge markets.

Thanks alot boys:madspit:

trabantland said:
I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS WEBSITE GAVE OUT A TICKETBROKER'S ADDRESS WITH INFLATED PRICES.

Whoever posted it on the oiriginal article is an absolute CUNT!

(PS: I never swear so I must be angry......)

It wasn't me, I'll tell you that right now. In fact, I have absolutely nothing to do with that mess.

Cigar said:
13 cities in 2 months????

Why bother doing a spring tour.There's no way that there will be 110 shows,as stated by McGuinness.Considering there will be 24 cities in Europe.that would mean about 60 shows in the fall!!??...in only 2 months??..(sept-Nov)..Forget that.

This has all the making of a Madonna type tour.Only huge markets.

Thanks alot boys:madspit:

Yeah, I guess they'll add more dates in the spring for LA, NY,etc . and stick to the larger cities in the fall.

Last edited:
well i'm completely gutted. :sigh:

guess i'm left with possibly trying to see them in boston or chicago. which there is no way i can afford. :sad:

well hopefully they do 3 dates in TO in the fall.

For anyone that remembers the Elevation tour, the 3rd leg was better than the 1st. Not saying that people seeing them in the 1st leg are getting shafted... but by the third leg it is only natural that things get better and the band starts trying some new things. 1st leg has its advantages (you don't have to wait so long!) and 3rd leg has its advantages as well.

I guess this is to be expected with all the die-hard fans here... but too much complaining going on. Especially those of us in North America. I live in Toronto, if I REALLY want to see U2, I will try and get New York tickets, otherwise I will wait for them to come to Toronto... there is a 0% chance that they won't come to Toronto, and I am sure there are many other cities in the same situation.

I wonder about the ticket prices, i already read they vary between 50 and 70 euro here in Holland, i wonder where the price difference come from??

Anyone knows more about this?

Thx!:ohmy:

BGD75 said:
I wouldn't say I am too upset with the dates, since I am SURE they will be here in Toronto in the 3rd leg..... However, I would LOVE to know the exact date NOW and be able to get my ticket NOW rather that having to wait and constantly keep checking the announcements..... I am going to flip out if I don't find out soon enough.

I tried to make this same point last night on a Toronto U2 fan board and I got crucified. I live in Toronto and will likely only go to see U2 here. If I could use my U2.com pre-sale code now and buy a ticket for the third leg, I would be happy.

U2.com members in markets not hit on the first leg should have some idea when their pre-sale codes can or will be used.

I guess we don't know what U2.com is going to do for those of us with pre-sale codes that are NOT planning on buying tickets tomorrow.

My hope is that we can keep them and use them again when the fall dates are announced.

Of course, then we will have to fight for tickets with all of those people who bought U2.com memberships in their cat, dog, dead relative's names.

I'm not mad at U2 for not playing Toronto on this leg of the tour. I just wish I knew how my $40.00 U2.com membership pre-sale code is going to work.

Nail away!

Last edited:
I live in Toronto, if I REALLY want to see U2, I will try and get New York tickets, otherwise I will wait for them to come to Toronto... there is a 0% chance that they won't come to Toronto, and I am sure there are many other cities in the same situation. [/B]

I wish there was someway to find out if there will be a new presale code for the third leg of the tour??

I would rather use my code to Buy tickets for toronto or Buffalo...But if they issue new presale codes for the 3rd leg..etc i would hate to simply just "not use" the one i have now....

Shono said:

My hope is that we can keep them and use them again when the fall dates are announced.

I'm not mad at U2 for not playing Toronto on this leg of the tour. I just wish I knew how my $40.00 U2.com membership pre-sale code is going to work.

Nail away!

This "not knowing" really sucks.. I want(am willing to pay) to see them once...I am just tempted to use my presale code for one of the shows on this first leg...sit on them and wait for an announcement for something closer....When they announce more dates, sell the tickects I bought and just use the money to get a pair for a venue closer to me...

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110192&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

According to the info on this forum, some one has contacted Fan Fare and the pre-sale code is only good for the first and second legs of this tour.

For those of you who spent $40.00 for a U2.com membership and will not be buying tickets on this leg - too bad.

In a nut shell, it looks as if I wasted $40.00 to get a useless code for tickets to a show that I cannot get to because it is hours away from my home.

This is a scam and a cash grab. Shame on Fan Fare/U2 for allowing this to happen.

If we have to buy another U2.com membership to obtain a pre-sale code for third leg ticket sales, we have all been lied too and stolen from.

I hope this is wrong. However, I am getting a really bad feeling about this.

wad2k said:

I am just tempted to use my presale code for one of the shows on this first leg...sit on them and wait for an announcement for something closer....When they announce more dates, sell the tickects I bought and just use the money to get a pair for a venue closer to me...

This type of disaster only encourages those of us living away from first leg venues to buy tickets and scalp them. If you want to get your money's worth out of the $40.00 membership, you are forced to use your exisiting pre-sale code and buy tickets for an event you don't intend on attending. Are you going to just let the seats sit empty. Nope. Sell them to a person who CAN go to that show. The funny thing is, the person you sell the scalped tickets too, is very likely another U2.com member who tried, but failed to get tickets through other channels.

It forces U2 fans to screw over other fans to ensure that you get a ticket at any cost. This is criminal.

U2 have tried to be leaders in reducing scalped ticket sales. Now they have indirectly turned loyal fans into the very people they are trying to protect us against.

Where is the logic here?

Last edited:
You guys are doing a lot of complaining without even knowing the facts for sure... maybe they will come out with a new password for the 3rd leg. Why wouldn't they? They understand that lots of people won't be able to see them on the first leg for geographical reasons. If they don't, then there is something wrong, but settle down until you know the facts...

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2038939#post2038939

I am wondering if some one from Interference might have a contact at Fan Fare that could clear this up.

I think the confusion and frustration could easily be cleared up if we got an official word on this matter.

With only 13 announced dates on this first leg, you have to expect that there are a lot more U2.com members out there wondering about their codes, than there are members waiting to use the codes.

I would think that with less than 24 hours to go before the pre-sale, this would be a priority matter for Fan Fare to clarify.

Shono said:

This type of disaster only encourages those of us living away from first leg venues to buy tickets and scalp them.

U2 have tried to be leaders in reducing scalped ticket sales. Now they have indirectly turned loyal fans into the very people they are trying to protect us against.

Where is the logic here?

You absolutley right....It sucks...the way I see it, they got their $40 out of me so far, they will get their $165/per ticket somewhere down the line for at least one show if not more...I am not taking the chance at pissing away my $40 presale code and not get a thing for it...

Don't get me wrong...I hate scalpers just as much as everyone else...but its not like I'm doing it with a bunch of tickets...it will be one pair....and after using the money to buy tickets to a venue that I really want/am able to attend, how much will really be left?
I know whatever profit is left, will go towards the overpriced merchandise anyways....
And no, I'm not bashing the band for this...Hell I doubt they have any say in all these little issues over tickets, but the whole system sucks.....Truth be told I miss the old days(Unforgettible fir and joshua tree tours), camping out a night or two before tickets went on sale....everyone had a good time and after spending a night in line partying, the true fans could easily pick out the scalpers in line.....and while we couldnt stop them from buying tickets, we made it very uncomfortable for them all night...made them would for there money...

Alot of whining and moaning going on from a bunch of spoiled Americans.

Spain looks good. Good coverage there.

wad2k said:

You absolutley right....It sucks...the way I see it, they got their $40 out of me so far, they will get their $165/per ticket somewhere down the line for at least one show if not more...I am not taking the chance at pissing away my $40 presale code and not get a thing for it...
And no, I'm not bashing the band for this...Hell I doubt they have any say in all these little issues over tickets, but the whole system sucks.

I agree. The band likely have no idea this type of logistical nightmare has been created. U2 have trusted Fan Fare to do this right. I would imagine that Fan Fare is being deluged with calls and emails looking for clarification.

It is ridiculous. If we get one pre-sale code per membership, then that seems fair. It would keep things simple and if you buy 12 memberships - you have 12 oportunities.

If you get one pre-sale code for the first leg, then another pre-sale code for the third leg....then that seems unfair, but we were at least given the same opportunity as everyone else to buy tickets.

If you get one pre-sale code only valid for pre-sale on the first leg, and cannot have to buy another $40.00 membership to get a code for the third leg, that is criminal.

Clarification is required from Fan Fare.

SHONO -

WHAT IS THE TORONTO U2 FAN BOARD YOU WERE MENTIONING> CAN i HAVE THE HTTP???

THANKS!

jedi Larry said:
Alot of whining and moaning going on from a bunch of spoiled Americans.

Spain looks good. Good coverage there.

Glad to see you are able to use your pre-sale code Jedi Larry.

Also nice to see that you didn't waste your membership money (if you are a member).

I don't expect you to understand, but I will point out two things though.

1) You know that you can buy tickets with out worriing that you wasted $40.00 becasue the coverage in SPAIN is good. Think you might be a little upset if you were in my shoes?

2) I am Canadian - so FUCK OFF.

BGD75 said:
SHONO -

WHAT IS THE TORONTO U2 FAN BOARD YOU WERE MENTIONING> CAN i HAVE THE HTTP???

THANKS!

It is a yahoo group called U2_GTA. It is a great group, and MOST of the people there are very friendly. They seem to get together a lot.

I just expressed my concerns on this issue and took it on the chin from a few members. Don't let that discourage you from joining as most conversations and threads are light hearted and good natured.

I highly recommend it.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/U2_GTA/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom