(01-23-2005) 'VERTIGO//2005' WORLD TOUR - EXCLUSIVE! - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.u2.com/news/images/thumbs/vertigotour_poster.jpg [/SIMG]'VERTI//2005' WORLD TOUR - EXCLUSIVE!

The dates, cities, venues and ticket information on the tour we've all been waiting for!

U2 will begin the first leg of their Vertigo//2005 world tour in San Diego on March, 28th 2005.

Vertigo//2005 will visit 13 cities in North America before arriving in Brussels on June 10th for the first of 24 scheduled European performances, finishing up in Lisbon in the middle of August.

Here's the detail - get ready to book!

vertigotour_poster.jpg

NORTH AMERICA DATES AND TICKETING INFORMATION

March 28th San Diego, CA - Sports Arena
April 1st Anaheim, CA - Arrowhead Pond
April 5th Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
April 9th San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion
April 14th Phoenix, AZ - Glendale Arena
April 20th Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
April 24th Seattle, WA - Key Arena
April 28th Vancouver, BC - General Motors Place
May 7th & May 9th Chicago, IL - United Center
May 14 Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center
May 17 & May 18 East Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena
May 21 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
May 24 & May 26 Boston, MA - Fleet Center

Tickets for performances in Boston, Chicago, Denver, Philadelphia and San Diego will go on sale this Saturday, January 29th.

Tickets for performances in Los Angeles, Anaheim and San Jose go on sale this Sunday, January 30th and tickets for New York and East Rutherford go on sale next Monday, January 31st. (All additional on sale dates will be announced in the next few weeks.)

Once again, U2 will offer General Admission floor tickets giving fans the best view in the house for the lowest ticket price. Reserved seat tickets in the stands will also be available. In North America, general admission floor tickets will be $49.50 (plus applicable service fees). Additional ticket prices will vary per market. There will be an 8 ticket limit per person with a maximum purchase of 2 general admission floor tickets.

EUROPEAN DATES AND TICKETING INFORMATION

June 10th Brussels - King Baudouin Stadium
June 12th Gelsenkirchen - Schalke Stadium
June 14th Manchester - City of Manchester Stadium
June 18th London - Twickenham Stadium
June 21st Glasgow - Hampden Park
June 24th Dublin - Croke Park
June 29th Cardiff - Millenium Stadium

2nd July Vienna - Ernst Happel Stadium
5th July Katowice - Slaski Stadium
7th July Berlin - Olympic Stadium
9th July Paris - Stade de France
11th July Zurich – Letzigrund Stadium
13th July Amsterdam – Arena
19th July Milan - San Siro
23rd July Rome - Olympic Stadium
27th July Oslo - Vallehovin Stadium;
29th July Gothenburg - Ullevi Stadium
31st July Copenhagen - Parken

3rd August Munich - Olympic Stadium
5th August Nice - Parc des Sports Charles Ehrmann
7th August Barcelona – Camp Nou
9th August San Sebastian - Anoeta Stadium
11th August Madrid - Estadio Vicente Calderon
14th August Lisbon - Alvalade

Tickets for the UK shows go on sale at 9am Friday, January 28th; tickets for Brussels go on sale Saturday, January 29th and tickets for Dublin go on sale on Friday 4th February. (All additional on sale dates will be announced in the coming weeks.)

Paid-up subscribers to U2.Com http://www.u2.com/subscribe can take part in a presale of tour tickets which begins on Tuesday 25th January, four days ahead of the general onsale - they will receive an e-mail about this direct with booking information.

More news on Vertigo//2005 as we get it.
http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1297

You may also purchase tickets from Total Tickets http://totaltickets.com/Ticket_Search.php?ev=Vertigo

Last edited:
thats the first leg, more to come. hopefully buffalo, you know they will do two toronto dates, florida. it will be a typical tour

This seems odd . . . several day gaps between shows, 1 NYC show, all of two shows in "red states," etc. Didn't they say there would be 30 dates on the first leg? I count 16 . . . :eyebrow:

Last edited:
I just went over to u2.com and I don't see this anywhere..I even logged in and everything(I'm a paid member) could these dates not be true? or am I just stupid because I don't see it?

I think part of the wide-open spaces between dates is to add more, and I can only go to Albany so... you know I'm expecting a third leg to be announced for the fall.

I'm very upset as well being from Florida (Tampa), especially as their manager has mentioned for months and months that they were going to start in Miami. I know all about the family illness delay, but damn it. I'm willing to drive 10 to 12 hours but they are not coming anywhere close to the south. I would have drove to New Orleans, Tennessee, Atlanta, North or South Carolina, anywhere in the vicinity. I had hoped they would have thrown us in the south a bone of at least one date for all the promises about Miami. Now we have to wait 9 or 10 months for maybe the chance if the go ahead with a third leg. This is the most let down I have been in 14 years as a hard core fan. I must put away all my CD's and videos and refrain from this site for the next nine months as the anticipation could devaste me.

Lots of gaps between shows, more will be added. There will be a third leg also that hits many of the areas some of you are complaining are not listed. Typically the third leg of a tour is where U2 are at their peak musically anyway. 1st leg shows for the first couple weeks can be somewhat shaky. So I wouldnt overreact. At least they are touring and this is not all the dates period.

Last edited:
Anticipation said:
I'm very upset as well being from Florida (Tampa), especially as their manager has mentioned for months and months that they were going to start in Miami. I know all about the family illness delay, but damn it. I'm willing to drive 10 to 12 hours but they are not coming anywhere close to the south. I would have drove to New Orleans, Tennessee, Atlanta, North or South Carolina, anywhere in the vicinity. I had hoped they would have thrown us in the south a bone of at least one date for all the promises about Miami. Now we have to wait 9 or 10 months for maybe the chance if the go ahead with a third leg. This is the most let down I have been in 14 years as a hard core fan. I must put away all my CD's and videos and refrain from this site for the next nine months as the anticipation could devaste me.

Fellow Tampa resident, and I can't agree more.... this is B.S. if they're not coming here in this leg!!!! I'm so f****ng pissed it's not funny.

Yes the gaps between the dates is to add more gigs when the first ones instantly sell out, which they will.

Well considering that you get two legs in North America, and we get one in Europe, you should feel lucky.

Im pissed off cus they will play Dublin the 24th, but also the 25th. the 25th would suit me more because its a Saturday, yet I will have to use my pre ticket option on the Friday!!

Aww well better than nothing :)

Cant believe I sat up for this, it 2.55am here in Ireland!! lol

The Disciple said:

Fellow Tampa resident, and I can't agree more.... this is B.S. if they're not coming here in this leg!!!! I'm so f****ng pissed it's not funny.

they didnt play Tampa on the first leg on the last tour either though. There are family and logistical reasons FL got moved to the third leg. How or why would you be pissed about that?

Any idea when the 3rd leg will be announced? I sure expected more than 16 dates for US in first leg.

The only show I can make is Denver and that's going to be on a Wednesday. Kinda of let down right now, but I guess its better than nothing.

Here is what the tour will look like when it's all said and done. However, there are a few sizeable gaps in there. Most notably between Vancouver and Chicago, an 8 day gap. It doesn't take 8 days to get everything from Vancouver to Chicago. So either they're going to add more dates, or have plans for that time period (like the week off they took in Elevation for Bono's son to be born).

March 29th San Diego, CA - Sports Arena
April 2nd Anaheim, CA - Arrowhead Pond
April 6th Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
April 10th San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion
April 15th Phoenix, AZ - Glendale Arena
(GAP)
April 21st Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
April 25th Seattle, WA - Key Arena
April 29th Vancouver, BC - General Motors Place
(HUGE GAP)
(Insert more Chicago Shows here)
May 15 Philadelphai, PA - Wachovia Center
May 22 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
(Possibly 1 or 2 more Boston Shows)

I think that we Americans were spoiled by the first leg of the Elevation tour. Now THAT was a tour. Still, Chicago is only 6 hours away. May 7th is on a Saturday. That gives me a chance to go up to Chi-town for a weekend with my friends. Should be fun.

Yeah, guys, chill...plenty of dates will be added to fill in the days in between, and the areas of the US not hit by the first leg will be hit on the third leg. Six more months we'll have to wait. Think about the people in Australia, or God, South America! We got it good.

I'm just happy the tour is happening, dammit!

edit: my 100th post! yet I don't really "know" anybody on this board! lol.:huh: :wink:

Last edited:
This might sound like a really stupid question, but I'm a bit confused so wanted to check:

If I want to go to one of the UK shows, can I still use the presale on Tues or do I have to wait til Fri?

My brain said goodnight hours ago...

The_acrobat said:
Here is what the tour will look like when it's all said and done. However, there are a few sizeable gaps in there. Most notably between Vancouver and Chicago, an 8 day gap. It doesn't take 8 days to get everything from Vancouver to Chicago. So either they're going to add more dates, or have plans for that time period (like the week off they took in Elevation for Bono's son to be born).

March 29th San Diego, CA - Sports Arena
April 2nd Anaheim, CA - Arrowhead Pond
April 6th Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
April 10th San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion
April 15th Phoenix, AZ - Glendale Arena
(GAP)
April 21st Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
April 25th Seattle, WA - Key Arena
April 29th Vancouver, BC - General Motors Place
(HUGE GAP)
(Insert more Chicago Shows here)
May 15 Philadelphai, PA - Wachovia Center
May 22 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
(Possibly 1 or 2 more Boston Shows)

I think that we Americans were spoiled by the first leg of the Elevation tour. Now THAT was a tour. Still, Chicago is only 6 hours away. May 7th is on a Saturday. That gives me a chance to go up to Chi-town for a weekend with my friends. Should be fun.

San Diego #2 is March 30, not 29.

Also, the San Jose venue is listing a San Jose Stealth game (professional lacrosse) on April 9th- not that the venue wouldn't bump them for U2, but I thought that was funny nonetheless.

Color me bummed - looks like I won't be seeing them this tour (unless they squeeze in an Oregon date on the first leg, or come back during the third leg). I really thought they'd come to Oregon again (Bono mentioned it at his World Conference speech in October), but... yeah. I'll just hope for a "maybe" on the third leg, although I think I just blew $40.

One date for Canada, though... That's bizarre. Hopefully you guys will get *many* more dates! :|

there is no way this can be legit, i want to see them in albany and bono LOVES Albany has played here on the boy tour till till elevation, NO WAY these are legit. If they are i'm gonna flip the &*%# out straight up. I will disown u2 arse. I am not hapy at alll

sami0201 said:
I just went over to u2.com and I don't see this anywhere..I even logged in and everything(I'm a paid member) could these dates not be true? or am I just stupid because I don't see it?

YES WHERE IS IT?????

Good news is that U2 will be playing Vancouver on the 28th of April, one day before VR thank fuckin' god. So far these are the shows that I will be seeing on this tour:

The rest of the dates will be announced tomorrow.

I didn't get a chance to talk to my boss on Saturday 'cause she wasn't available. I will submit my request at lunch tomorrow so that they're informed a head of time that I would like my vacation pay cashed out the pay period week before my trip.

Tomorrow after work, I will be booking flights.

I'm too impatient...I don't want to wait till fall! *pouts* heh. Maybe some Ohio dates will get fed in there. Or maybe that's the punishment for voting Bush. ;) Just kidding! Just kidding! *ducks tomatoes*

Back
Top Bottom