Got a call from Ticketmaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I received an email telling me to call them about tickets. I was in the Innocence group and got shut out of GA's. He said the only thing they were offering were GA's.

I posted in Zootopia in a thread that was collecting people in the innocence (or other) groups who experienced issues in the pre sale.
Thank you! I guess I should have done that earlier but "didn't want to complain". Eye roll.... I just posted in there now. We'll see if it does any good. Thx!!

They told me they'd call within 12 hours, but since the email was from 11:30am I'm wondering if I should call that number myself if it gets close to 10 and I haven't heard anything. Was that 10pm local time? I'm on Pacific Standard.

I got the email but now it's past 10 and I'm not sure if I should keep holding. Hold music is the same 4 partial U2 songs over and over! lol

The help line is operational today. I called just now and got through immediately.

They weren't able to do anything at the moment but looked up my info and gave me a case number. She said a rep would be contacting me by tomorrow.

Hang in there guys. I just got a call from fan support. Got two ga for msg.

Same here! Got 2 ga for LA! Wait time wasn't bad ,however, gave me till 5pm local time to buy them or they would get released.

I received a call this afternoon, as stated in the op. Got 2 GA tickets to Nashville. FYI they are charging fee for mailing the tickets or I could choose to do will call at no charge. I chose to have mine mailed to me.

T-Mobile arena in Vegas called me and offered me 2 GA. I’m in! And very impressed with the customer service. Hope everyone else gets sorted, too.

Got another call today and they were able to get my 2 GA's to Nashville. Super pleased, glad they are working to try and make things right.

‪It took some effort, but I have scored 2 GAs for BOS. After hearing about my troubles with the iNNOCENCE presale group @u2 sent me an email with a # to call and they came through. Stoked!

‪It took some effort, but I have scored 2 GAs for BOS. After hearing about my troubles with the iNNOCENCE presale group @u2 sent me an email with a # to call and they came through. Stoked!

both hubby and I got shut out in innocence group ... what is the number you called? we are also looking for GA to BOS. I talked to customer support at u2.com and they were no help...they said, " you should try calling ticketmaster". :(

Last edited:
I tried getting GA for DC but failed. I regret buying two $325 tickets now. I was afraid of getting shutout completely on the general sale. I assume I’m just outta luck.

So I was looking at the order details for the tickets I was able to get when talking to customer service yesterday. He gave me order number and told me I could go in and pull up phone order tickets by filling in all the information from when I ordered. I just pulled all of that up and it shows I was included in the Citi presale. I am not a Citi customer so it looks as if U2.com/Ticketmaster added people to that presale to accommodate getting us tickets.

After being told I would receive a call back and email by today, I called and was told there is nothing they can do, so they're being quite inconsistent. Since it seems that pretty much all GA tickets aren't paperless(unlike the Innocence leg), I am looking forward to scalpers getting even more of them :angry:

So I was looking at the order details for the tickets I was able to get when talking to customer service yesterday. He gave me order number and told me I could go in and pull up phone order tickets by filling in all the information from when I ordered. I just pulled all of that up and it shows I was included in the Citi presale. I am not a Citi customer so it looks as if U2.com/Ticketmaster added people to that presale to accommodate getting us tickets.

is it something generic that can be shared? i am having no luck with the u2.com team :sad:

After being told I would receive a call back and email by today, I called and was told there is nothing they can do, so they're being quite inconsistent. Since it seems that pretty much all GA tickets aren't paperless(unlike the Innocence leg), I am looking forward to scalpers getting even more of them :angry:

Same. Still nothing after being told yesterday morning I'd be hearing from them by today. I'm likely going to call again before it gets too late to make sure I haven't been forgotten.

Honestly, I just want my $50 back. I don't even really want them to offer me GAs at this point, because they're still going to cost me $125 each if you include the subscription fee. Fuck that.

Same. Still nothing after being told yesterday morning I'd be hearing from them by today. I'm likely going to call again before it gets too late to make sure I haven't been forgotten.

Honestly, I just want my $50 back. I don't even really want them to offer me GAs at this point, because they're still going to cost me $125 each if you include the subscription fee. Fuck that.

I'm in the same situation. I never got contacted by U2.com on their accord. So I called them. First they denied the mail to most fans regarding this issue, or calling them, was sent out. I convinced them otherwise and the (friendly) bloke apologised for not being up to date. He noted down some info and said that they would contact me within 48 hours. There's still 10 hours left in that frame. But I would like to know if I could just better pray for getting a ticket during normal sale which is... Comming close.

I think I'm fucked. TBH. Glad some people are finally getting their ticks. But frustrating to get nada yourself.

Yeah . I just called them myself "unfortunately it doesn't look like we can do anything for you"

From what I understand, they are still urging people to make their situation known on the U2.com forum. See this Facebook post from U2songs.
https://www.facebook.com/U2Songs/posts/1791699814236216
If you still haven't resolved your issues with the U2.Com presale, or if you haven't heard back from anyone after initial conversations on resolving issues with the U2.Com presale, please go to the following link in Zootopia and leave them a note as soon as possible:
http://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/37643-out-of-luck-in-the-presale-please-tell-us-here/ (You will need to be logged into U2.com first!)
Not everyone is reporting having luck with this, and you may not receive an immediate response, but the moderators are asking as many people as possible to share their issues in that thread as soon as possible.
If you have left a note before, and gotten no response or assistance to date, please leave another.

I do hope they can resolve this situation for you all (though chances are getting slim). Still, I've heard from others who did get helped, so who knows.

After getting through immediately yesterday morning, I'm having way more trouble today. Waited 30 minutes before hanging up and trying again, and now it's been another 15 minutes.

I'm assuming tomorrow will be another shit show and hard to get through, which means by the time I do talk to someone it could be Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom