2017 Joshua Tree Tour Stage Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There was the Milan vertigo DVD or partial. So maybe NYC. Thanks for the info, though. I would love to attend a DVD show, and I'm going to NYC night 1. Btw, does the band usually announce where they are filming the DVD show ahead of time?

Well they are in discussion right now in a secret bunker about which city to choose. Edge is pushing for Rome cuz he loved the acoustics in the Sistine Chapel last year.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1Bbz302f...Oq5cnJ6_U_CVMrwCLcB/s1600/CheEpwLW4AAXjM9.jpg

When and if they choose Rome, they will let out smoke from the roof just like they do when they choose the next Pope.

http://cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com/hub/...29118418759/vatican_black_smoke_161486868.jpg

Of what have been shown of the stage, it looks very similar to the one Metallica uses now. Atleast the backdrop or screen to be very similar.

large.jpg

18446528_10154405898515264_873589393366520783_n.jpg

I'm shocked we haven't got anymore full stage shots. I'm curious how many they have total. The leak from last week was in Texas. That's their 5th Show. Is it safe to say they have 6 of these productions already assembled?

I'm shocked we haven't got anymore full stage shots. I'm curious how many they have total. The leak from last week was in Texas. That's their 5th Show. Is it safe to say they have 6 of these productions already assembled?

i think it's safe to say that there's two. they used NRG in Houston to practice setting the stage up and breaking it down. i highly doubt it's still there. this isn't like 360 where they need a week to set the stage up

What?! Why would that be safe to say?

In U2's new instagram pic (sorry I don't know how to post the pic), where is Adam standing in relation to the drumset? Is Adam on the b-stage? Makes the whole setup look verrrry small. :sad:

Well, guess we'll see in about 1 day.

Pyro at a U2 show would be very interesting. :D

During Exit or Bullet.. :D

We're talking about using vast amounts of fire around one of the most accident prone rock stars ever.

Never mind 'slip kid' Edge from 2015....

Please, no 'Unforgettable Fire:Revisited' tour.:wink:

In U2's new instagram pic (sorry I don't know how to post the pic), where is Adam standing in relation to the drumset? Is Adam on the b-stage? Makes the whole setup look verrrry small. :sad:

i think adam is on the main stage and the drums are on the b stage... as adam's higher.

18444472_1914178345462185_7645171701050769408_n.jpg

plus... if the drums are on the main stage, they're kinda sorta facing the wrong direction.

i think adam is on the main stage and the drums are on the b stage... as adam's higher.

18444472_1914178345462185_7645171701050769408_n.jpg

plus... if the drums are on the main stage, they're kinda sorta facing the wrong direction.

Cool. Thanks for putting the pic in. Have a sinking suspicion Willie is going for the "crowd of bodies in GA" vibe like on the original Joshua Tree. Does he think the main GA crowd will be people in their 20s jumping as a mass of bodies to hits like "Mothers of the Disappeared"?

maybe Adam is on the catwalk? The floor is not well lit and Adam is too slim.

peace be upon u DePaul...

Hmmm, hard to tell, but I'd guess it's the other way, & Adam's on the main stage, drum set on the b-stage. Looks like Adam has a fair bit of gear around him, as he would on the main stage. Also they're using a pretty big drum kit on the b-stage, as seen in a pic taken over near the RZ. In that pic you can also see that the drums are set up on the side of the b-stage closest to the main stage.

I don't think the set up looks very small. Yes, the catwalk looks a bit smaller than i+e, but the b-stage is certainly bigger, & the rail of the main stage is far, far bigger.
C_Vx63aXoAU7d80.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm, hard to tell, but I'd guess it's the other way, & Adam's on the main stage, drum set on the b-stage. Looks like Adam has a fair bit of gear around him, as he would on the main stage. Also they're using a pretty big drum kit on the b-stage, as seen in a pic taken over near the RZ. In that pic you can also see that the drums are set up on the side of the b-stage closest to the main stage.

I don't think the set up looks very small. Yes, the catwalk looks a bit smaller than i+e, but the b-stage is certainly bigger, & the rail of the main stage is far, far bigger.
C_Vx63aXoAU7d80.jpg

Thanks darroch. You always make good analysis of the stage images. So the full drum kit at b-stage makes me think b-stage would get more than the typical "1-2" songs. Maybe B stage would get 3-4 songs this time.

Can't believe RZ stretches from front until nearly the end of B-stage tree. This much space for only what, 100 (?) RZers per show. Anyway, RZ is totally sold out, even in the deadest cities like Louisville and Pittsburgh. Now the big question. Will Edge usually stand in front of RZ? Or on the other side of the catwalk? (Darroch, I recall you think Edge will be on THE OTHER SIDE of catwalk, away from RZ).

For a U2 stadium show this setup is quite slimmed down compared to Vertigo and 360.

18451594_912074462266037_4402603066128160291_o.jpg

The stuff on the screen looked amazing tho .. even through shoddy periscope streams. :D

That RZ area is huuge compared to 360 and IE.

18423694_1912807762320858_8071067038707268335_n.jpg

18446604_10155327542436477_8408001731731299753_n.jpg

18424984_10155327542506477_7797590753748809558_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I stood by the tree stage, facing the middle of the stage. The screen is so big and high resolution that I felt the stadium was moving during the first JT songs (panorama videos). Any one else felt like that?

I'm curious if the screen tech and size was originally being going to be used for the SOE stadium tour Edge mentioned awhile ago. It's got that crazy wide feel the I+e tour screen did for most of the arena.

Back
Top Bottom