2017 Joshua Tree Tour Stage Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ha, yeah don't blame you. The GA line at the 360 Rosebowl show was poorly planned by security. Turned in to a clusterfuck, & a stampede. Scary stuff! Thanks for the Who '79 info Headache & Hewson, interesting to know.

I had a prime spot on the front rail for i+e Paris 1. Way more cameramen than normal, practicing & filming b-roll. Blocked my view pretty often. Literally two camera men were right in front of me filming Edge at the same time. No fun :angry:

Wow that Red Zone is enormous-- much bigger than the early diagrams.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm excited about size. I wonder exactly how many RZ tickets they sold? 360 they had two red zones that were much smaller, but I don't know if this is double the size of a single RZ from 360.

For those, perhaps like daroch who are wondering where I have finally decided to head to for GA, I'm going extreme flank stage left for the side view of his station and amps, as my compact can only be used close-range (I do not have a video camera), there is a sweet spot there only available for a few people, and for spot metering purposes I don't mind missing out on stage-right action, with my personal footage.

Last edited:
For those, perhaps like daroch who are wondering where I have finally decided to head to for GA, I'm going extreme flank stage left for the side view of his station and amps, as my compact can only be used close-range (I do not have a video camera), there is a sweet spot there only available for a few people, and for spot metering purposes I don't mind missing out on stage-right action, with my personal footage.

Where is this spot?

as far as taping one of these shows... if they do intend to do so, they normally only tape at venues where they're playing more than one show; so they can do a dress rehearsal on night one and a full taping on night two. obviously they don't HAVE to do this, but that tends to be their M.O.

So the cities with 2 gigs on this tour are...

LA - Rose Bowl
Chicago - Soldier Field
NYC - MetLife
London - Twickenham
Rome - Stadio Olympico
Paris - Stade De France
Amsterdam - ArenA

they've had recent releases in LA, Chicago and Paris - so i think we can safely rule them out. that leaves NYC, London, Rome and Amsterdam. London's the first show of the European leg so I doubt they'd go there... so I think we can settle on NYC, Rome and Amsterdam as the likely candidates. All three haven't received a proper video release, and all three are towards the end of their respective legs.

i'd actually prefer Rome or Amsterdam

There was the Milan vertigo DVD or partial. So maybe NYC. Thanks for the info, though. I would love to attend a DVD show, and I'm going to NYC night 1. Btw, does the band usually announce where they are filming the DVD show ahead of time?

Last edited:
There was the Milan vertigo DVD or partial. So maybe NYC. Thanks for the info, though. I would love to attend a DVD show, and I'm going to NYC night 1. Btw, does the band usually announce where they are filming the DVD show ahead of time?

They have to have disclaimers as a condition of entry. They can't film you and release it without consent, so they put posters up saying that entering the arena is you providing your informed consent to be filmed.

I'm excited about size. .

giphy.gif

Only if they never put them on sale at all but that doesn't seem to be going on here. There are tickets available on StubHub in nearly every upper deck section.

Not sure I understand what you're saying?? Every venue will have tickets for sale on StubHub. Those are resale. Which means those tickets have been sold. If you go to Ticketmaster and look at standard available tickets from Ticketmaster, there are none, and have been none for months. This means you have to go to Stubhub or other reseller to get tickets.

Back
Top Bottom