2015 U2 Tour News - Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"In spending mood", I think that's quite a problematic thing to say. I watch my spendings closely because I don't have so much money so it's either Christmas presents or U2 tickets, both is too much for me. I'd be more than happy if I have more money in January and can pay for tickets then, but ok, you have to take it the way it is anyway.

Well then, you do realise that your spending habits and personal accounting diverge from what is most commonplace, right? Retailers and other sellers don't look forward to December for no reason.

U2 undoubtedly have people advising them who are familiar (obviously much more familiar than you) with how the market works, how to maximise sales, and how to promote a tour most effectively - both within their own organisation and Live Nation. This isn't being run out of a hut in Uzbekistan.

Happy for a tour about to be announced but they should have a few days warning before the fan club pre-sale.
It's all good for those of us that are regulars on the fan sites and know about things as they are happening. But what if someone's a member of U2.com, doesn't check their emails for 24 hours or so and suddenly see that not only has a tour been announced, but they've missed a pre-sale?
That would be a rather shit feeling.

....For weeks there's been talk and rumours flying around about a tour announcement. When you're keen on getting tickets for the upcoming tour you make sure you check your sources regularly these days. Announcement will get a big media exposure. u2.com members who'll miss out on the announcement and therefore on the pre-sale either sleep under a pile of rocks or traveling around in the Himalaya's or some sort. :hyper:

For a smaller band, you want a bit of lead-up to make sure your fans know and you get maximum exposure.

U2 are so massive and so assured of big demand and big sales that they could throw open the presale five minutes after announcing the tour and it would barely make a dent in demand. If anything, the exclusion of people who don't check their email for 24 hours will take off some of the pressure, especially as the shitfight for presale tickets in arenas will be epic.

Bercy website listing U2's Innocence + Experience Tour for November 10th & 11th!

Tickets start at €34.50, go up to €188.50.

Bercy Arena - Concerts - Sports - Spectacles - U2 - concert - place - billet - ticket

concert1470.jpg

Did the Bercy page just get pulled? Doesn't seem to load now. Hope one of you screenshotted that!

Why does it not surprise me that the NSA are U2 fans who use Twitter?

Montréal's Bell Centre for June 12th and 13th according to this radio station:
NRJ 98.9

(Debout Québec) U2 au Centre Bell les 12 et 13 juin prochain! Billets en vente dès lundi, 10h via Evenko. On vous offre une paire de billets AVANT tout le monde ce matin d'ici 9h00! On veut savoir ce que vous êtes prêts à faire pour remporter vos billets
https://www.facebook.com/989nrj/posts/10152938736602022

Just when my mom decided to download a season of Downton Abbey *sigh*

Who's @u2?
u2place says turin september 4 and 5th, but no venue yet
a proper announcement at 4 local time?

34 -180 euro is great news i think. I was expecting them to be loads higher. The stones were charging ovet £400 for a good seat on their last tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom