** SPOILERS** The soundcheck thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anxious to hear what Chi 5 gets. We were at Chi 3 & 4 and Bono was the ultimate performer for Crystal Ballroom!! :drool::heart: Both nights we stood closer to e-stage, but Gloria was incredible too, even though I couldn't really see them. :hyper:

Stuck and IALW for the e-stage "wild card set".

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not seeing much Twitter buzz, except that Larry, Adam and Edge came and signed about 45 mins. - 1 hour ago. No Bono or soundcheck reports. Think Two Hearts will wait til Boston or NYC...

Bono was out there as well, apparently.

[TWEET]616732505413169152[/TWEET]

A friend on FB is teasing: "something old that has not been played yet on tour has been soundchecked. Not Two Hearts."

I don't see anything on Twitter about soundcheck songs, other than a mention of Invisible.

Maybe it's Running To Stand Still....I'd love to see it replace Hands/Pride.

Could be An Catr Dubh or arguably 11TT/Ocean depending on how you interpret the word "tour". NYD fits the description, especially if the twitter user isn't overly excited.

RTTS would be very welcome. Very cool guitar version at the Coliseum in Vancouver.

Oh sorry, didn't realise that!

Any further reports? I haven't found that tweet of Invisible.

What new song get's the heave-ho?

I'm hoping SBS gets dumped and Please/NYD get added to the opening half of the show.

A man can dream. Please and this screen should've been an obvious call months ago.

Oh sorry, didn't realise that!

Any further reports? I haven't found that tweet of Invisible.

I saw it browsing through the #u2ietour tag. I *think* it was posted by one of the atU2 staffers who is at the show I could be confusing that with other tweets I saw from atU2Sherry, though.

I'm conflicted with this one. Except Popmart, it's been played on every tour for the past 23 years. I'd really only welcome it if it replaced EBTTRT and the band actually got some better mileage out of their multi million dollar screen.

In Vancouver the day after Fallon they did a one-off Bono-Edge acoustic guitar version of this song. No twang singing and no voice distortion. An interesting take, but really only a novelty worth a couple of airings. This tweet doesn't say if it's electric or acoustic, full band or duo.

I LOVE this song, but can't help but being annoyed at the near complete lack of 2015 setlist in-sight into their back catalogue that made the past couple tours so fascinating. Basically, all the "rarities" so far are new songs or just rehashes from the past couple tours. It single handedly re-enforces the notion that U2 are only a singles act and don't have a half dozen GREAT albums.

I'm conflicted with this one. Except Popmart, it's been played on every tour for the past 23 years. I'd really only welcome it if it replaced EBTTRT and the band actually got some better mileage out of their multi million dollar screen.

In Vancouver the day after Fallon they did a one-off Bono-Edge acoustic guitar version of this song. No twang singing and no voice distortion. An interesting take, but really only a novelty worth a couple of airings. This tweet doesn't say if it's electric or acoustic, full band or duo.

I LOVE this song, but can't help but being annoyed at the near complete lack of 2015 setlist in-sight into their back catalogue that made the past couple tours so fascinating. Basically, all the "rarities" so far are new songs or just rehashes from the past couple tours. It single handedly re-enforces the notion that U2 are only a singles act and don't have a half dozen GREAT albums.

the next tweet talks about it featuring a segue into Invisible. you and I have the same thought, Peter. while I love Electric Co, Gloria, etc they were also just done on Vertigo. the most excitement we get out of setlist threads are appearances of Bad or AIWIY, both played fairly regularly. there hasn't been an Ultraviolet/UF/HMTMKM/Zooropa/etc moment this tour yet aside from In God's Country or When Love Comes to Town. hilariously, many of us are begging for the return of New Year's Day. don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the tour so far, but there hasn't been a song revival that's really knocked us all on our feet.

that said, the Fly is always a great song and I think would be the perfect choice to return to the stage and get the audience's attention, something that Invisible (a song I do really love and think works) doesn't really do. The Fly would get people back, and then Invisible would fare a lot better I think.

The soundcheck thread

The Fly, UTEOW and NYD could be played every concert of every tour and they would never get old.

What if The Fly is added after UTEOW and Invisible ends the opening set....that'd be sick. Real Thing could open set 2.

The Fly, UTEOW and NYD could be played every concert of every tour and they would never get old.

I agree. these are the three biggest of the regulars that I would agree with. none of these songs have ever sounded tired throughout their live history, nor would I have any complaints about revisions/etc

I would've said the same about Even Better but it feels really...off this tour. it gets good when they get onto the e-stage, but it really doesn't work until then I don't think. I understand it's the way they're able to transition to the e-stage, but I don't really think it works that well energy wise, or in the version they're playing, which worked perfectly on 360, but not so much here.

and I'd be very surprised if UTEOTW wasn't the last song of the first set. it works perfectly there, being "the end of the world" and all, which really fits the first set's theme. we've established the second set has no theme whatsoever, so I think the Fly would fit perfectly as the opener.

Back
Top Bottom