Zurich II setlist PARTY part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW Mercy live debut... I've just watched the youtube-clip and playing it as I write this...
Deeply impressed by this song. Ever since I've heard a few weeks ago I hoped it would emerge one day...
A hundred big rounds of applause for the band:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

Hey people :wave:

just came back (well I slept 4 hours in between) from those 2 shows in Zurich and WOW, this was just mindblowing!!! I read the thread when Mercy was played and yes it was one of those special moments.... We heard them rehearsing it at least 3-4 times before the show, I was sure it would be THE day! Anyway, I will post my thoughts for both shows later, but all I can say is hearing HMTMKMKM + Stingray + Every breaking waves + North Star + Mercy + Mothers of the disappeared + I will follow + Adam finishing the show half naked + seing this band enjoying so much + Larry touching Adam's butt during Crazy tonight + Bono getting nuts during UTEOTW just above me on the bridge + clapping hands with The Edge at the end of the show + the rain, very heavy rain + lot's of snippets and jokes + Bono crying at the end of Walk on + this uncredible crowd that did not want this show to end up ever = too much for 1 person to handle, this was just a fucking miracle!

Glad you enjoyed the shows... must have been a wonderful experience.

just came back (well I slept 4 hours in between) from those 2 shows in Zurich and WOW, this was just mindblowing!!! I read the thread when Mercy was played and yes it was one of those special moments.... We heard them rehearsing it at least 3-4 times before the show, I was sure it would be THE day! Anyway, I will post my thoughts for both shows later, but all I can say is hearing HMTMKMKM + Stingray + Every breaking waves + North Star + Mercy + Mothers of the disappeared + I will follow + Adam finishing the show half naked + seing this band enjoying so much + Larry touching Adam's butt during Crazy tonight + Bono getting nuts during UTEOTW just above me on the bridge + clapping hands with The Edge at the end of the show + the rain, very heavy rain + lot's of snippets and jokes + Bono crying at the end of Walk on + this uncredible crowd that did not want this show to end up ever = too much for 1 person to handle, this was just a fucking miracle!

Now that sounds really enthusiastic :lol:

:up:

Bono cried at the end of Walk On? Are you sure it wasn't the rain?

I guess I have to find a clip and take a closer look.

I'm currently downloading the bootleg, but it's SLOW. Too many people jumped on it I guess.

Was the rain the reason the show was cut short?

I think its quite possible - it was relentless and poor Dallas Schoo was running around like crazy trying to dry Edge's pedals and so on. Bono had a mic fail during Walk On. Larry put on a jacket, Adam took off a t-shirt, the stage had some deep looking puddles! The rain definitely added to it though in some way - amazing atmosphere.

Do they have covers set up to protect the drums from getting wet?

If not, I'm surprised Larry hasn't dropped his drumsticks from all the slippery rain

wow that sounds awesome...so jealous. The rain must've created such an incredible atmosphere :up:

Do they have covers set up to protect the drums from getting wet?

If not, I'm surprised Larry hasn't dropped his drumsticks from all the slippery rain

There's a big umbrella right over him and the amps. Larry is the one member who kept dry for most of the show. Save CT and the ending.

Just Mercy. :drool::drool::applaud::applaud:

Damn i love this band they are just amazing. The 360 tour is really picking up steam now job well done lads amazing stuff.

One of my favorite things from the original version is the verse "love is justice, charity. love brings with it a clarity". I think, lyrically the version they played today didn't hit home with me. But still... THEY F*CKING PLAYED MERCY!!!!!!!! Amazing, just a question though... was it listed AS Mercy in a printed Setlist? Did anyone confirm?

Not that I think anyone really thought they meant to end the show the way they did, this confirms they didn't, of course.

setlistzurich9-12-2009Michael.jpg

Mercy on a setlist :cute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom