Coimbra 2 Setlist Party Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The band must be sniffing some serious glue, 6 NEW SONGS ON ONE LEG OF ONE TOUR!!! Is this really U2, I think alien edge has officially arrived and they messed with Bono's head during surgery in addition to his back. I'm just glad they played this as the band, maybe we'll get an actual U2 Soundtrack for it . :) :drool: Must have new album next SPRING or just shock us all and release it next month with a single this Tues!!! :hyper:

okay, crazy insane thought time:

what are the odds of U2 playing a SECOND (or 3rd or even 4th) song from the Spider-Man musical either in Rome or on the Aus/NZ leg?

It's not like BFFTS is the only song they wrote for the show.

what are the odds of U2 playing a SECOND (or 3rd or even 4th) song from the Spider-Man musical either in Rome or on the Aus/NZ leg?

In Rome, virtually nonexistent. In New Zealand/Australia, reasonably high.

Here's one person's account of what happened during Magnificent. Doesn't sound good, but again, I guess he's still going to have an off night here and again. Glad they have a break for a few days, and then again for a few weeks.

Bono sentiu-se mal durante o 2º show em Coimbra – Portugal. ? U2 MOFO

Translation (more or less):

According to informations of @CrisKite, what postou exists around some minutes behind, in the Forum of the U2-MOFO.

During Magnificent Bono he stopped singing, told the band to continue and they continued. We were thinking about the beginning that it was the voice. But soon we realize that it was of the column. He was very white, with difficulty of being in foot and always to try to stretch it the left leg.

It was during some time of back for the public and faced Larry and drinking water and more water and pills for the pains. During 2 next musicians moved very much somewhat, we noticed what was in trouble, many people. Then it recovered and the rest of the show was AS NEVER BEFORE BEFORE ACCEPTED. He did not move me how usual everything compensated for them to me with a claw, professionalism and crazy courage. Clear what did not mount the microphone in UV did not even kneel down in me them.

P.S. It was moving 3 saw the fondness, preoccupation and support of others.

Oh wow definitely the best recording yet so far! Thanks :love: That needs to get posted over in the new music thread.

In Rome, virtually nonexistent. In New Zealand/Australia, reasonably high.

I am going to come off sounding so bloody ungrateful now, because I am really truly loving all this new stuff; EBW and BFFTS are my absolute stand out faves of the 6 ( :shocked: ) new songs debuted thus far ~ but there really is a part of me that would like to think that some of the gorgeous oldies that have been a part of this tour ( HMTMKMKM, TUF :sad:, IWF and mayhaps a Bad) will stick around for the next leg . . . and there is still a very very very small candle of hope hanging around for NLOTH and Breathe :) . . . but, eh, I'm easily pleased and will relish every last minute of U2ey goodness that is thrown my way in December :D

Here's one person's account of what happened during Magnificent. Doesn't sound good, but again, I guess he's still going to have an off night here and again. Glad they have a break for a few days, and then again for a few weeks.

Bono sentiu-se mal durante o 2º show em Coimbra – Portugal. � U2 MOFO

According to informations of @CrisKite, what postou exists around some minutes behind, in the Forum of the U2-MOFO.

During Magnificent Bono he stopped singing, told the band to continue and they continued. We were thinking about the beginning that it was the voice. But soon we realize that it was of the column. He was very white, with difficulty of being in foot and always to try to stretch it the left leg.

It was during some time of back for the public and faced Larry and drinking water and more water and pills for the pains. During 2 next musicians moved very much somewhat, we noticed what was in trouble, many people. Then it recovered and the rest of the show was AS NEVER BEFORE BEFORE ACCEPTED. He did not move me how usual everything compensated for them to me with a claw, professionalism and crazy courage. Clear what did not mount the microphone in UV did not even kneel down in me them.

:sad: I always try to remain on the up side but reading that did cause my heart to sink a little ~ I hope he really is behaving himself and remembering his limitations; in short, looking after himself ~ and I too am glad there is recovery time before Rome and then a nice long stretch of 'looking after self time' before the band heads down my way ~ prayers and thoughts and healy vibes :zen:

OK, that has me worried a little bit... :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBJ7zLebFw

Pretty clear clip! I'm snatching the audio!

:heart:

< ----- you can snatch the audio???? skillz :cute:

Don't worry, I'm going to upload it. :wink:

But I need your email addy as it's officially released material(well not the U2 version, but the song).

Don't worry, I'm going to upload it. :wink:

But I need your email addy as it's officially released material(well not the U2 version, but the song).

:flirt:

I'm so excited I don't know whether to give you a

cookie.jpg

a

ca55ff6bd9c3a403421599596fae0100_big_purple_star-2566.gif

or a

:loveshower:

:)

EDIT . . . :shifty: consider yourself officially pm'd by pr :lol:

OK, I just read a couple of reviews from people who went to the show on other fan forums and all of them are saying that the problem seemed to be Bono's voice! He couldn't sing and messed stuff up, but it got better later on. I hope it's true and I hope it's not the back. :pray: Hopefully he gets things sorted out until Rome.

OK, I just read a couple of reviews from people who went to the show on other fan forums and all of them are saying that the problem seemed to be Bono's voice! He couldn't sing and messed stuff up, but it got better later on. I hope it's true and I hope it's not the back. :pray: Hopefully he gets things sorted out until Rome.

:up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilDB9C0jr4E

1:36 part, can be seen on screen, lost voice and went to drink ;)

Bono sentiu-se mal durante o 2º show em Coimbra – Portugal. � U2 MOFO

I´m the one who posted this in portuguese. Just a few things about.

1. This english translation is SO WRONG!!!!!! And lead to conclusions that are not there. :down: Its the oposite!!!!! You could ask first and not jump to conclusion.

2. AS NEVER BEFORE BEFORE ACCEPTED???? What is this???? What it means is that HE SANG like he never sanged before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was a hero!!!!

3. It was a problem with is back, believe me if you want. I even saw the pills, the name. Videos on youtube don´t show everything!

1. This english translation is SO WRONG!!!!!! And lead to conclusions that are not there. :down: Its the oposite!!!!! You could ask first and not jump to conclusion.

2. AS NEVER BEFORE BEFORE ACCEPTED???? What is this???? What it means is that HE SANG like he never sanged before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was a hero!!!!

3. It was a problem with is back, believe me if you want. I even saw the pills, the name. Videos on youtube don´t show everything!

OK, obviously we don't speak Portuguese and had to rely on an online translator. No need to be rude here, ok? The translation is bad, but I think we get the idea. I totally understood that he was having problems with his back and that afterwards he started to sing much better. So what's your problem with our interpretation?

I still don't understand why he lost his voice. Maybe he was just feeling overall sick. Or hungover. And I'm pretty sure he has to have medication for every show, so no big deal here, I would be very suprised if he managed to get through the shows without having to take something, it's not that long ago since he had surgery.

1. I wasnt rude! The translation is wrong in almost every sentence ...

2. No, he didnt take those amount of pills in the others shows, not during at least half an hour. Not even close. I´ve been in others show, like the night before por instance.

3. He never lost its voice. He felt a tremendous pain in one second and coudnt walk or speak. In this same tread I read that it was only a voice problem, thats why I mention it, ok?

4. He sang very very well all night, he just have movement problems. Those kinds of fans who know every movement of Bono since JT (my 1st show live) recognise whats wrong.

Thanks for clarifying, blue kite. I'm sorry you got the impression I was spreading "false information" - I just went with what the online translator gave me back.

I wasn't trying to jump to conlusions, and I apologize if it seemed like I did.

OK, obviously we don't speak Portuguese and had to rely on an online translator. No need to be rude here, ok?

And obviously, we don't all speak English as a primary language. Tone is sometimes a bit harsher than intended when translating. I think we should all try to be a bit more tolerant with each other before calling folks out for being rude. :up:

I first noticed Bono's discomfort at the end of Boots. I was behind the Red Zone on Edge's side. Bono was out at the very back of the stage singing to the fans behind the stage when Boots ended. He walked back in but was bent over a little bit, holding his stomach. He then crouched down behind the speakers and amps to talk to Sam or Phil.

He stayed there for the start of the intro to Magnificent, and didn't say any of his usual "What time is it in the end world? Where we going? Lisbon? Porto? Coimbra?" type spiel. He made it back to the front of the stage for the start of the song, but failed to sing more than a few words. He indicated to the band to keep playing, but he was clearly struggling badly with something.

He was grimacing, leaning forward and holding his stomach very often, but going back to the drum kit often and drinking lots of water. He started some lines of the song, but then shook his head and turned back to the drum riser. He did look in a lot of pain. Must say, I was extremely concerned for a while that he was hurt or sick. I didn't think he would make it through the whole gig. I'm sure many other fans thought the same too. So we sang and roared the lyrics that Bono missed.

He talked to Phil again, and drank more water and made it to the end of the song. His singing for the lines he did manage was fine, the problem wasn't with his voice. It looked like stomach cramps or chest pain or something. But he seemed to recover by the end of the song.

I thought he got through the rest of the gig without any further prob, and his singing was absolutely sensational throughout. But different groups of fans I know who were at the very front told me afterwards that he had a few more grimaces during later songs, and also that he was limping, but I didn't notice either of these.

A very scary few minutes. I'm surprised there hasn't been anything about this on the U2.com review.

Back
Top Bottom