Chicago September 13th Setlist Party Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ian. :up:
no problems. i was worried with the way everything had been reshuffled it would lead into streets, but luckily (!!!!!!!) it was in its rightful place in front of one.

i'm still confused by the fact that i've seen u2 play elevation more times than i've seen them play pride. it's not really a happy statistic, but at the same time it's rather curious.

i'm probably going to have the fucking weirdest u2 concert stats by the time they call it quits.

i'm still confused by the fact that i've seen u2 play elevation more times than i've seen them play pride. it's not really a happy statistic, but at the same time it's rather curious. .

:laugh: I'm really not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

I almost miss the Bishop lying ...

I now wonder if the One --> Amazing Grace --> Streets segue is going to become a standard thing, or if it will just be part of the second night setlist. Seems to me it is a more cohesive way to do things and should be standard.

Thanks to all the uploaders... I'm genuinely moved by this performance... One of my holy grails...

Can I just ask anybody who was there if it went down well, i'm a little worried that it may become another Electrical Storm...?

It seems that last night they genuinely decided to turn a corner, adding YBR and getting rid of Pride is a true setlist moment....

Thanks to boorock74 and Jamescorymiko for the wonderful videos! Must've been so exciting to have been there!

:

I now wonder if the One --> Amazing Grace --> Streets segue is going to become a standard thing, or if it will just be part of the second night setlist. Seems to me it is a more cohesive way to do things and should be standard.

I agree:) i hope it stays:up:

The very fact that this setlist includes Your Blue Room and omits Pride (no.1 tired, soulless warhorse that has never surpassed the quality of its studio counterpart) makes it the best setlist of the tour.

YBR sounds great, despite the slightly abrupt ending. This should remain in the set until the last show.
I'd rather replace WOWY than PITNOL.

I was there. I have no voice. I haven't slept. Soldier Field rocked out hard last night. Your Blue Room....sounded like they had always played it!

Sounds like a ripper of a concert. And thanks to the emergence of YBR the excitement level may kick up a few notches. :mac:

Glad you guys have some YBR video...I won't be home for another 10 hours. I will still try to upload mine before I collapse

I was bummed I heard elevation and ISHFWILF twice...would have loved to hear MW

ax (or someone else), can you post the total number of songs played and the number of different songs played

Not sure why they snipped 'king of pain'...I really thought 'today' by the pumpkins would have fit nicely. I also thought a 'bullet w/butterfly wings' snip at the end of vertigo would have kicked ass

-dan

that's just an infinitely better setlist than from the night before.

the new material and ultraviolet were the biggest highlights for me when i saw them, so you add that with ybr, until the end of the world and stay and you've got a fine collection of songs.

of course there's also addition in subtraction by the fact that they didn't play stuck or pride last night. still hung onto elevation, unfortunately.

would have been happy to have been there, though.

that's just an infinitely better setlist than from the night before.

the new material and ultraviolet were the biggest highlights for me when i saw them, so you add that with ybr, until the end of the world and stay and you've got a fine collection of songs.

of course there's also addition in subtraction by the fact that they didn't play stuck or pride last night. still hung onto elevation, unfortunately.

would have been happy to have been there, though.

:shocked:

Who took over your keyboard?

:wink:

Thanks for the videos everyone. We had audio of YBR, but it was pretty bad.

I'd rather replace WOWY than PITNOL.

Don't get me wrong, With or Without You sounds horrendous these days, but there is a certain electricity in the crowd when it gets played and it leads to a some kind of climax. I'm probably a bit biased since i did get the "Shine Like Stars" verse in Zagreb. Pride on the other hand just plods along, without any kind of momentum or build-up to it. There is no extra verse to save it. I only wish they would drop it for good. Quite ballsy of U2 to add the beautiful Your Blue Room (love the added piano, brings something new to the song) instead of it. Now, let's keep it that way!

I've got the "This video is still being processed. Video quality may improve once processing is complete." message - I hope I didn't get hopes up. Mine is the shiznicks74 version.

My video of Your Blue Room should be fully uploaded in the next twenty minutes. I shot it from Red Zone 2. It is okay quality. I was a bit busy freaking out with the whole world premier thing, so it isn't my best quality. But, I think you will enjoy it. :)

Search for Your Blue Room or jamesmikolajczyk.

Enjoy!

Thank you both! They are fantastic!

Still reeling from the incredible setlist! I look forward to hearing and seeing more from this awesome night!

Thanks to all for your contributions :wink:

Last night was awesome.

That is all.

Carry on.
i laughed at your text during elevation.

i pretty much had a view of the entire stadium, and i'd say it felt like 99% of the crowd felt the same way, especially compared to the first night. i say this with authority, because my seat was the last one before one of the lighting stations in the 400 level. i felt like i needed a had with a flashing red light on it to avoid passing air traffic.

Thanks to all the uploaders... I'm genuinely moved by this performance... One of my holy grails...

Can I just ask anybody who was there if it went down well, i'm a little worried that it may become another Electrical Storm...?

It seems that last night they genuinely decided to turn a corner, adding YBR and getting rid of Pride is a true setlist moment....

I thought it went down well. It almost had a quiet reverence during the song. People knew they were getting something special. I felt a growing applause of appreciation after it finished. I have to agree with an earlier comment though, it did feel like an abrupt ending. A couple of comments, I was surprised Bono was on a bridge for the entire thing. I had thought he would need the lyrics. Also, I was surprised that they put a music stand to the right of Adam that he looked at to play from for a lot of it. I didn't mind that at all, I thought it was big of him for playing it. :) Perhaps the stress of doing his verse vocally would have been to much (if he is still looking at the music?)? It had an extremely ethereal atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom