All Southern Hemisphere tour information/rumours here please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We might be able to discount this rumour of Santiago on 5 March 2010 ... I've been told there's a match between Chile and South Africa at the National Stadium on 3 March. U2 will need much more time than that to set up the stage.

yeah... the March 5 date now it's supposed to mean that from that day on, the stadium is ready for "events"

thanks to this remodelation, we've lost AC/DC and COLDPLAY... and I hopw Metallica still comes

U2 = October, that's what I say, I think, I want

because, acording to this
TourMapr - where is U2?
Brazil in Feb, then I guess Argentina, then Chile...

WHY would they come for a 2-3 weeks tour, when the tour costs them aroun $750 K per day ?

financially, it makes no sense

did you know on the rolling stones voodoo lounge tour they played this?

estadio do pacaembu Sao Paulo Brazil X3
estadio do maracana Rio de Janeiro Brazil X2
estadio river plate Beonos Aires X5
esadio nacional Santiago Chile X1

that's 11 shows in only 4 markets. 12-14 shows could be possible.

did you know on the rolling stones voodoo lounge tour they played this?

estadio do pacaembu Sao Paulo Brazil X3
estadio do maracana Rio de Janeiro Brazil X2
estadio river plate Beonos Aires X5
esadio nacional Santiago Chile X1

that's 11 shows in only 4 markets. 12-14 shows could be possible.

that was the FIRST time the Stones came to southamerica... and Argentina has the most fierce RS crowd in the world.

I don't know where to post this, but assuming they go to Japan next year, I just discovered something about Japan...

In Japan, the streets have no name :ohmy:

Ticketmaster has leaked the date for Miami landshark stadium july 9, 2010! an announcement must be next week!

I wouldn't necessarily count on any southern hemisphere tour information showing up at the same time as next week's supposed North American info.

If - and it's a big IF - the South American shows will be in March before the North American leg, I'd expect them to be announced with the North American dates, especially as March isn't THAT far away, relatively speaking.

However, if South America is still after the European leg ends in October, I'd be very surprised if it's announced with the North American dates. Australia looks probable for November 2010, so I'm definitely not expecting an announcement just yet.

Ignore him dear cobble, he's from BADelaide... not worth it.

He may come back at you with some passable, if very grey retort that reflects that very city

However, if South America is still after the European leg ends in October, I'd be very surprised if it's announced with the North American dates. Australia looks probable for November 2010, so I'm definitely not expecting an announcement just yet.

Still keep my fingers crossed for you, mate.

Ignore him dear cobble, he's from BADelaide... not worth it.

He may come back at you with some passable, if very grey retort that reflects that very city

I thought we were on terms enough to know each others gender, you silly dame.

Anyway, I'd rather watch a game of any football code than sit out in the sun and watch nothing happen for a day. I think they should turn Adelaide Oval into a car disco and put a big sign that says GEE, CRICKET IS REALLY FUCKING BORING there instead.

If - and it's a big IF - the South American shows will be in March before the North American leg, I'd expect them to be announced with the North American dates, especially as March isn't THAT far away, relatively speaking.

do you really think they would come to SA for... 2 weeks ?

Like I've said before, U2 tour schedules half the time make no sense at all.

i'm waiting for them to prove how nuts they really are by having the north american leg open in seattle as rumoured...followed up with a show in nyc two days later. then back to the california bay area!

Then after the Bay Area, Winnipeg followed by Miami followed by Denver.

... troublingly plausible!

Yeah, safe to say Ashes aren't a concern. Pretty much any venue U2's likely to play will be fairly quiet come November.

It'll be a bit strange if they do South America and Australia separately, though. But this might mean a six leg tour ...

I have a feeling Axver that they'll play Adelaide Oval. I don't know why but I just feel it. Seeing that Pearl Jam and AC/DC will be playing there...even before the new members area is built, could lead them to playing there. It shits all over footy park. And it's in the city. The SACA annual report also let slip that more major concerts will be held in 2010.

I still think it'll be Footy Park, purely for the greater capacity. Hell, if they did Adelaide Oval, you have to wonder if there'd be just enough demand to warrant a second show.

There could probably be a record-breaking capacity if they play at the Oval. Think they could beat 2006's 60,000 at Footy Park with the stage setup, even though the Oval is still quite smaller even with the renovations. It'd be a pretty unique place for a U2 concert, really. And I think everyone would rather go to the city and walk than be stuck in traffic on West Lakes Boulevard...

I thought we were on terms enough to know each others gender, you silly dame.

Anyway, I'd rather watch a game of any football code than sit out in the sun and watch nothing happen for a day. I think they should turn Adelaide Oval into a car disco and put a big sign that says GEE, CRICKET IS REALLY FUCKING BORING there instead.

I am soooo sorry! Of course I knew, I just had a brain explosion. Apols? :grouphug:

As unbelieveable as it may be, especially to pepokiss, the rumours are getting stronger and stronger about U2 doing South America early in 2010, before the just-announced North American dates.

As unbelieveable as it may be, especially to pepokiss, the rumours are getting stronger and stronger about U2 doing South America early in 2010, before the just-announced North American dates.

where are this rumors? =/

Since we know they are playing Mexico City May 30, it would make since they would play South American right before that. The Mexico City date wasn't announced yet, so maybe they will announce it with the "Latin America dates" Just a thought, but of course I could be wrong. We'll see!

Since we know they are playing Mexico City May 30, it would make since they would play South American right before that. The Mexico City date wasn't announced yet, so maybe they will announce it with the "Latin America dates" Just a thought, but of course I could be wrong. We'll see!

Mexico City may not neccesarily occur in late May before the US/Canada dates. The brother of a friend of mine, who is originally from Mexico, met The Edge last week at a restaurant he works at and told him he's a big U2 fan and asked when they would play in Mexico. Edge told him they would play there but he mentioned a couple of different months it could happen in, including November 2010.

I think U2 still hasn't locked down the timeframe for South America, as we hear March and October/November rumors going back and forth. If Mexico is in November, it seems that they would be grouping it in with the South American dates, provided they occur at that time and not in March.

I wholeheartedly expect to be shot down for this vague and unsubtantiated info, but here goes.

A friend of my father is apparently on some sort of planning comittee for Joondalup Arena in Perth. And they're currently trying to put through an application to have the venue's capacity upgraded. Not physically, but just in an acknowledged sense that can allow that number for events.

Now in turn I was told that an upside of this would be that if they got this passed, then they would be trying to get U2 to play there when they tour in March 2010.

I cannot back this up, and that is all I know. Could be complete horseshit, and my heart says it is (Joondalup Arena doesn't strike me as big enough, although an annual music festival is held there anually).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom