All Southern Hemisphere tour information/rumours here please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've always thought the 'Gabba would be sweet for a gig. Not sure the local residents would be too happy though, and if it's never hosted concerts before, I hate to think how crap the sound and acoustics might be up in the stands (not that it matters to me, since I'd go GA).

I was under the impression Suncorp was restricted to 3-4 concerts a year?

I had a dream last night that U2 came to Adelaide! Except I didn't go ... :banghead:

hurray.jpg

yay

This is even an old image...it looks like this these days (*note the stand on the right is still under construction)

western_grandstand_adelaide_oval_hassell160309_2.jpg

Those new proposed stands look droolworthy, maybe the Poo-wer could play at Adelaide Oval? :hmm:

You know, I was just thinking, QSAC is such a dump that if Suncorp isn't available and if the 'Gabba can't be used for gigs, I'd rather U2 play at Robina Stadium on the Gold Coast. At least it's readily accessible by public transport (including a good service from Brisbane) and isn't a rundown shithole.

But since it's not IN Brisbane, forget it. As said before, the odds of U2 playing anywhere outside Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, and Perth is precisely zero.

I really think they have to go with Lang Park (Suncorp)...of course if they can get it. To me the QSAC looks too much like a school oval. And I think it was during Popmart they sold half the tickets for that venue...but that's enough of that talk :)

I really think they have to go with Lang Park (Suncorp)...of course if they can get it. To me the QSAC looks too much like a school oval. And I think it was during Popmart they sold half the tickets for that venue...but that's enough of that talk :)

Worse than that! They sold only something like 17,500 at QSAC on Popmart; its capacity is 50,000. Huge turn-around on Vertigo when the concert sold out in a tremendous hurry and they possibly could've done a second.

Worse than that! They sold only something like 17,500 at QSAC on Popmart; its capacity is 50,000. Huge turn-around on Vertigo when the concert sold out in a tremendous hurry and they possibly could've done a second.

Given that success last time they might just decide to play there again even though it is a run down shit hole that is (as best as I can tell) in the middle of nowhere.

This is even an old image...it looks like this these days (*note the stand on the right is still under construction)

western_grandstand_adelaide_oval_hassell160309_2.jpg

Yeah, you're right, I pretty much just picked out the first picture I saw that matched the Claw pic I was going to use. I think it even had the Santos logo on the brown box, heh.

I'd like to see the Power play there when all's said and done, but they wouldn't even sell out Coopers stadium. A pitch of dirt at Tailem Bend might be more suited to them given the membership numbers.

Also it occured to me that the Claw would probably be the tallest thing in Adelaide. :uhoh:

2011? But then, it is the Hun. If they're right about anything, it's purely co-incidence.

You guys are crazy!
They should come Feb/March and Nov!

I'm being selfish. I proably won't be in the country around that time.

That new stand at Adelaide Oval looks suspiciously like it's gonna be at the expense of that gorgeous brick stand they have on the wing there. Very disappointing.

Surely the Herald Sun has far more authority on these things than Paul McGuinness who has stated the tour will end in 2010. Never question The Hun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom