All Southern Hemisphere tour information/rumours here please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recent interview pre-Dublin show, Craig Evans says (watch 1:45) the time to put down the Claw is 18 months ahead, that is, the Tour has the whole 2010 to go to Southern Hemisphere, even with new legs for North America and Europe.
It can make a good stop in South America, go to South Africa after the World Cup and then to Australiasia. :hyper:

YouTube - U2's Tour Director Speaks to FM104 News

its official! Go to BBC news site click on entertainment...willie williams says tour ending in Australia/south america......

^ its the same info we have, but now that the news is spreading fast, an official announcement to confirm or deny should be imminent

People will take anything as "confirmation", it seems.

If they're not touring until October-November 2010, I wouldn't expect an announcement any time soon. It could happen, but I'm not holding my breath.

Where's Earnie Shavers? Would be quite interested in his insights.

From a trusted source - MCP tried to set up gigs in Australia/NZ for March 2010 however due to sporting fixtures and previous commitments (AC/DC, plus Paul McCartney will announce his Feb/March tour in the next couple of weeks as well as outdoor shows for Billy/Elton and Neil Diamond due to be announced shortly) the availability of stadia for the extended necesary roll in schedule was not doable.

I've also heard November next year.

Time will tell I guess - but it looks like Feb/March will be chockers as far as stadium gigs go.

I work in ticketing for a major agency - guess which one - theres only 3!! And yes - Billy Joel and Elton John :)

Just stumbled across a video interview with Mark Fisher (the tour architect) on the BBC website here (the second one at the bottom of the page). He categorically states that one leg of the tour will end in South America and another in Australia....

Looks like the Aussies are going to get to keep one of the Claws too!

From a trusted source - MCP tried to set up gigs in Australia/NZ for March 2010 however due to sporting fixtures and previous commitments (AC/DC, plus Paul McCartney will announce his Feb/March tour in the next couple of weeks as well as outdoor shows for Billy/Elton and Neil Diamond due to be announced shortly) the availability of stadia for the extended necesary roll in schedule was not doable.

I've also heard November next year.

Time will tell I guess - but it looks like Feb/March will be chockers as far as stadium gigs go.

Bah, I was hoping it would be Feb / March.

Other than AC/DC which I am already going to, I don't care about any of the other gigs mentioned!!

Really? I get to see most tours that come through Australia and I am almost wetting myself over getting to see Paul McCartney - he's been performing Sgt Peppers era Beatles tracks at his latest shows - playing 30+ songs a show. And Billy and Elton put on a great show when together (or apart for that matter).

U2 will be by far a huge seller but Paul may top them depending on if he lifts his current "one show a city" restriction pn this tour leg.

For U2 to go even close to emulating the huge Australian ticket sales numbers from 2006 they are going to have to do something crazy marketing wise with NLOTH. Almost from day 1 this album has had zero exposure in this country. I can't see this tour being anywhere near close to 2006 in terms of tickets sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom