June 7, 2011 - McAfee Coliseum - Oakland, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be cool if someone called them. A couple venues have thought that Red Zone and GA were the same thing, and only let Red Zone ticket holders into the inner circle, much to the panic and dismay of GA ticket holders. Might help if someone clarified the difference for them.

It would be cool if someone called them. A couple venues have thought that Red Zone and GA were the same thing, and only let Red Zone ticket holders into the inner circle, much to the panic and dismay of GA ticket holders. Might help if someone clarified the difference for them.

Yeah, reading the updated parking info and looking and seating layout - they have to be confused about redzone vs ga tix. Do alot of Red Zone tix holders show up early early to secure good spots in the zone?

Yeah, reading the updated parking info and looking and seating layout - they have to be confused about redzone vs ga tix. Do alot of Red Zone tix holders show up early early to secure good spots in the zone?

Not as early as GA that's for sure! They must be confusing RZ for GA I think.

Ok I just called the coliseum--

Parking: I mentioned their website said just red zone could enter at 7am, and was told they will let everyone in at that time regardless of ticket type (I did stress that GA holders will be there early--it sounds like she's been talking to other fans as well and was well aware of this!).

GA: I was also told as the previous poster was that there will be two GA lines--gate A and gate B

I also asked about Will Caall since I may have a friend coming later that I may need to leave a ticket for, she said that the will call window will open at 10am...

Hopefully all will go smoothly! Weather is supposed to clear up just in time for Tuesday! :hyper:

GA: I was also told as the previous poster was that there will be two GA lines--gate A and gate B

Again, they are confused. The Gate A and Gate B entries are for the Red Zone people since their tickets actually have such a designation and they want them to walk in through the correct side of the stadium.

Ugh. I just really hope they don't fuck this up and let the Red Zone people into the circle.

Why the heck would Red Zone people need to be there earlier than GA? Yeah I think they're confused.

They very well could be confused--but if I remember correctly, the other show I saw them on in this tour (vegas) weren't there two sides where you could enter into the pit, one on each side of the stage-- (near each red zone)?

I haven't been to the coliseum in ages, but perhaps, depending on how their entrances are configured, they plan to filter the GA people into each pit entrance on the side of the stage as well when they let us in? And for those not wanting the pit other entrances on the sides? (maybe to speed up the entry process by having 2 gates open?)

Also, she told me on the phone GA is either gate, whereas the website specifies for red zone: Zone 1 ticket holders must enter through A Gate Red Zone 2 ticket holders must enter through B Gate

The Gate A and Gate B entries are for the Red Zone people since their tickets actually have such a designation

I don't know what it says on your GA tickets, but mine clearly say gate A or B.

Perhaps regular GA and RedZone will each get seperate colored wristbands?

I'm sure they'll figure something or it out before Tuesday!

Ok I just called the coliseum--

Parking: I mentioned their website said just red zone could enter at 7am, and was told they will let everyone in at that time regardless of ticket type (I did stress that GA holders will be there early--it sounds like she's been talking to other fans as well and was well aware of this!).

I also asked about Will Caall since I may have a friend coming later that I may need to leave a ticket for, she said that the will call window will open at 10am...

Hopefully all will go smoothly! Weather is supposed to clear up just in time for Tuesday! :hyper:

Great news! Thanks for taking the time to call and get some clarification! :D

:applaud:

I don't know what it says on your GA tickets, but mine clearly say gate A or B.

Perhaps regular GA and RedZone will each get seperate colored wristbands?

I'm sure they'll figure something or it out before Tuesday!

Both RZ shows I went to in 2009 featured different bands for RZ vs. GA. The difference was that for Boston, they let RZ in at the exact same time as GA so you basically got the advantages of being first in line without having to put in the time since no one was policing where RZ ticket holders went. For the NJ show, the RZ line was further away from the GA entry area and it opened after GA started going in so you could opt to not enter the RZ but the inner and outer GA rails were full so less incentive to do so.

Two GA entries sounds like it could be trouble especially if one opens before the other. Maybe they'll change their minds in time to affect early line up.

Two GA entries sounds like it could be trouble especially if one opens before the other. Maybe they'll change their minds in time to affect early line up.

That's my only concern. :/ Oh well, I'll probably just pick the wrong line, like at a grocery store.

Yeah, looked at my tickets again and it says A or B for GA. Remember though that the Oakland Colosseum people could have been confused as far back as the ticket making process even. Having two lines for GA just spells disaster as you know one of them will end up getting in a few minutes before the other, I presume.

Nothing would suck more for people than to wait in line at 6 AM and then be at the front of a line that doesn't move for five minutes while someone else walks up to the door at 5 PM and gets in the back of the other line.

Another potential problem concerns Red Zoners walking into the circle, but that should be a relatively minor issue to be honest. How many of them would really be there before 5 PM in the first place?

All told, I think there may end up being way too much confusion. This venue just isn't used to having concerts whatsoever and I hope they don't end up souring the experience simply because they don't understand the system. Personally, I recommend showing up around 4 PM or so as you won't really have anything to complain about if the stadium people screw things up horribly. You'll only have been in line an hour and will at least be ahead of the people behind you, plus, you'd still beat the traffic and nighttime rush.

I think I need to be done reading this thread. It freaks me out WAAAAAAAAY too much. See y'all in a few days.

Same here. And I have so much less to lose since I'm going to show up in the line no earlier than 3 PM. :lol:

Personally, I recommend showing up around 4 PM or so as you won't really have anything to complain about if the stadium people screw things up horribly. You'll only have been in line an hour and will at least be ahead of the people behind you, plus, you'd still beat the traffic and nighttime rush.
But come on, when things go wrong, half the fun is bitching post-concert about how much of a fuck up it was. Look at all the mileage we've gotten out of the Rose Bowl disaster. People are still talking about it!

:crack:

I don't know what I'm doing yet. I'm still stuck on the $40 parking fee. I can't even deal with the thought of two GA lines and all of the chaos that will cause.

Maybe you could...still park at a BART lot but leave before 2 (instead of before 3) to put your crap back in the car, since you know it'll take a bit longer?

Foxboro was $40. Denver was only $30, wooo! :p

Yeah, if somebody parks at the next closest BART lot or two, they could pay like $1.75 or something to go to one station and the same to go back to the Coliseum....would take like no time to do and you could chuck your stuff back into your car that way and have somebody hold your place in line.

Still pretty nervous about all this. The heart is quite small. I think I'm actually going to shoot for 3PM now for sure, but no earlier. I figure that will guarantee me a space in the heart or a great slot on the outer rail at the very least. Girlfriend coincidentally has a new job interview in Oakland that same day, so we'll go to lunch or whatever and then make our way over to the stadium.

Again, I expect the pre-show queue to be relatively tame for the reasons I mentioned earlier in the thread though, but as they say, better safe than sorry.

I know it was talked about earlier on in this thread.
But I'm not sure if something was decided....

Wish I could meet up, but I've a boardmeeting to attend on Monday night :(

Aww damn :(

Well I'll be around if anything gets decided. I'm staying in San Francisco on Fisherman's Wharf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom